QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0 can mean a few different things. It could be an indication that you need to update your QuickBooks software, or it could be the result of a problem with your data. If you’re not sure what the code means, or if you want to discuss it with someone who is more familiar with QuickBooks, you can speak to QuickBooks support.
QuickBooks Error code 6130, 0 might occur while opening a company file (.qbw format) or reconciling an account.
You can fix QuickBooks error code 6130, 0 by using the QuickBooks File Doctor, which is available through the QuickBooks tool hub. You can also use various manual methods to fix this error, especially if the error occurs because of problems with the operating system.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix QuickBooks error code 6130, 0.
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Below is the list of some early signs and symptoms that will help you in spotting QuickBooks Error 6130.
- The QuickBooks Error 6130 may appear on the screen due to frequent active program window crashes.
- The error appears on the screen with the error code itself.
- If the system crashes while running the same program.
- You might also come across this issue when the system runs sluggishly.
- If the mouse and keyboard inputs start working slowly.
- In case the system freezes repeatedly after a short interval of time frames.
Causes that promote QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
There are plenty of reasons that might lead to such an error code. Let’s have a look at each of them one after another.
- If you mistakenly deleted QuickBooks-related programs and files.
- Due to an incomplete QuickBooks accounting software application.
- The corrupted or outdated QuickBooks software download can be another trigger.
- In case the Windows Registry got corrupted.
- If there are damaged QBW files or Windows system files due to the harmful virus & malware attack.
- Insufficient storage or piling up of junk files can lead to this issue.
Before you begin…
Steps to manually back up your QuickBooks Desktop company file:
- From the File menu, choose Switch to Single-user Mode.Note: inform all logged in users to save their changes before switching user mode.
- From the File menu, select Backup Company, then Create Local Backup.
- Choose Local Backup in the new window, and click Next.
- Choose Browse and select the directory to store the backup of the company file.
- Input the number of backups that you want to keep. [optional]
- Wait for QuickBooks to run tests on the backup file and then click on Ok.
- Choose to Save it now, then Next.
You can find the backup file saved in the directory that you chose in step 4.
Now back up your QuickBooks payroll data using the following steps:
- From the Start menu, launch the File Explorer.
- Go to the folder titled [name of company] Tax Forms.
- Copy the entire folder and save it in a different directory.
The tax forms folder contains all the payroll data entered in QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to backup QuickBooks data with Intuit Data Protect:
- From the taskbar, open the System Tray.
- Right-click on the icon for Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Choose Back up now.
- Select the Files and Folders to back up to Intuit servers, then click on Continue.
- Choose Backup now.
When you receive the confirmation message for backup, click on Ok.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6130
You can choose any of the following methods to correct the QuickBooks Error 6130. If still, you are facing any technical issues, then without feeling upset you can jump to the other subsequent troubleshooting method.
Technique 1: Repair the Windows Registries
To prevent QuickBooks Error 6130, you are supposed to repair the windows registries by carrying out the steps provided below:
QuickBooks Error 6130 can be resolved if you repair the Windows Registries
- You are supposed to click on the Start tab in the first place.
- In the search box, type the Command and do not press Enter tab.
- Now, hold down the Ctrl + shift keys together on your keyboard and then click the Enter key.
- After this, a permission dialog box will be displayed on your screen.
- Later, you have to click on the Yes tab.
- A black box will pop up with a blinking dialog box.
- Furthermore, you would have to type Regedit and hit the Enter tab.
- Choose the Export option from the File menu.
- Navigate to save in list and select a particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks Desktop key.
- Then, head to the file name box and enter the name of the backup file.
- Go to the Export Range box and make sure that the Selected Branch is correct.
- Press the Save button.
- The file will automatically save in the .reg file extension format.
- At last, you will have the backup of QuickBooks-related entries.
Technique 2: Using the Windows System Restore to undo the recent system changes
Windows system restore allows the system user to go back in time to return your system files & programs. Even if you are constantly seeing the QuickBooks Error 6130 on your screen then you can check out the steps to properly run the System Restore tool.
- The very first step is to press the Start tab.
- Now, you have to type System Restore in the search box and hit the Enter key.
- Then, choose the System Restore option.
- If prompted, you need to enter an admin password.
- Perform the steps according to the instructions in Wizard and then select Restore Point.
- To end the process, safely reboot your system.
Technique 3: Rename QuickBooks company File
QuickBooks Company Files such as .ND and .TLG are configuration files that permit you to access the company files. If there’s corruption in these files then QuickBooks Error 6130 might be noticed. Renaming these files can assist you to repair it.
Here are the steps you are supposed to perform:
- To start off, locate the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Next, you need to hit right-click on the files with .ND and .TLG extensions and click Rename.
- Afterward, alter the filenames by adding OLD towards the end of the filename.
- Ultimately, open QuickBooks and try to access the files. If the error persists, move to another troubleshooting step.
Technique 4: Restart the Database Service for QuickBooks on the Server
- Under this process, you are required to press and hold the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run Window on the server system.
- After this, you need to type services.msc in the open box and then press the Enter key.
- Now, search for QuickBooksDBXX service (XX represents the version of your QB Desktop software).
- Tap on the Service and then select the Start tab from the left side panel.
- Later, open the company file and check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Technique 5: Running the Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is one of the most efficient tools that allow the QuickBooks user to scan & restore corruptions in the Windows System Files. Also, it helps you to tackle QuickBooks Error 6130. Just, go through the following instructions to do so:
Procedure to Run the System File Checker (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- In the beginning, hit the Start tab.
- Next, type the command in the search box and do not press the Enter button.
- Hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys simultaneously and hit the Enter tab.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Now, you have to click the Yes tab.
- A black screen will open with the name on the top as Command Prompt.
- Enter the SFC/scannow and select the Enter tab.
- The scanning process will get started with the help of the System File Checker to settle QuickBooks Error 6130.
Technique 6: Make a new user of Windows
- Herein, you need to tap on the Start icon once more time.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and select user accounts.
- Now, choose the Create New User option.
- Ensure that you have selected the admin for user type.
- Then, sign out from the existing user.
- And restart your system.
- Once you are done with that, log in to QuickBooks with the help of the created users.
- Along with this, save the QuickBooks Company File on the desktop.
- In the conclusion, open the QuickBooks desktop again to run the company file.
Technique 7: Creating a damaged folder again
- If the above-stated solutions didn’t work out for you, you can easily open the new folder on C:\drive.
- Next, go to the folder where the company file is saved.
- Place the file therein.
- Hit a right-click on the .qbw file and choose the Copy option.
- Now, you need to open the folder and select Paste.
- After setting windows access permissions, you just need to share the company files.
- The closing step is to start the QuickBooks Desktop and access the file through a new location.
Technique 8: Run Disk Cleanup to clean out the system junk
Sometimes, your personal computer accumulates junk files while web surfing & regular computer use. The extreme or overtime use can create a cluster of junk files that makes the system slow & sluggish in response. It may also provoke QuickBooks Error 6130. Thus, it is essential to use Disk Cleanup to remove such junk and to improve the performance of your system.
The directions you need to follow inclined below:
- To start click on the Start tab.
- In the search bar, you have to type Command and avoid pressing Enter yet.
- Now, you would have to hold the ctrl + shift keys together on the keyboard.
- Hit the Enter tab.
- After that, you will get a permission dialog box where you need to tap on the Yes icon.
- Type the cleanmgr in the search bar and press Enter once again.
- The disk cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the temporary files and also allows you to remove it.
- Finally, you are required to select the boxes of the categories you wish to clean and then hit the OK tab.
Technique 9: Install all the Available Windows Updates
QuickBooks Error 6130 potentially arises due to uninstalled available Windows updates. But time-to-time Microsoft launch updates & improvements in the Windows System files could end up with the QuickBooks Error Code 6130. So, you just need to check out the steps as given below:
Perform the steps to check for the Windows Update (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- In the inception, tap on the Start button.
- Next, type Update in the search box and press the Enter tab.
- The Windows Update dialogue box will be visible on your screen.
- If the updates are available, choose the Install Updates icon.
The QuickBooks Error Code 6130 may occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows Operating systems:
- MS Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows 10
- MS Windows ME
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 8
Technique 10: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
Performing a clean installation of the software might be the best avenue to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6130. The steps included in this section are as follows:
Steps to Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- The initial step is to tap on the Start button to open the Programs and Features.
- Now, click twice on the Control Panel from the right side of the menu.
- The next step is to choose the Programs option.
- Then, select Programs and Features.
- Locate the program that is responsible for the QuickBooks Error 6130.
- Choose the option related to such an error code.
- In the top menu, press the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the QuickBooks software removal process gets completed.
- Thereafter, you need to reinstall the software. For this, you must have a product and license keys.
- Once done with the installation, start the QuickBooks Desktop and verify that the process has resolved the error.
Fix QuickBooks error code 6130, 0 with QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks tool hub contains the QuickBooks File doctor that you can use to scan your company file and fix common errors such as 6130, 0. You need to log into an admin account to install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
Steps to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub, which contains the QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Exit QuickBooks and close all its instances using the Task Manager.
- Download the setup for QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the setup on your system.
- Double-click on the executable file for the setup.
- Go through the provided instructions and follow along so that you can finish the installation.
- Click on Finish.
Steps to use Quick Fix my File to fix company file errors:
- Launch the Tool Hub from the start menu.
- Click on Company File Issues from the left tab.
- Click on Quick Fix my File.
- Click on Ok, then launch the QuickBooks Desktop software.
If Quick Fix my File didn’t fix the error 6130, 0, then you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor, which does a deep scan of the company file to find any damage.
Steps to use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix company file errors:
- Launch the QuickBooks tool hub from the start menu.
- Choose the Company File Issues tab from the left panel.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Note: as the tool isn’t present on your system, the tool hub takes almost 1 to 2 minutes to load the tool when you try to use the feature. Make sure that your internet connection is active so that the file doctor can be loaded on your system.
- When the File Doctor window appears, click on Browse and Search.
- Choose the company file that you want to fix using the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Click on Continue, then enter authentication details for a QuickBooks admin account.
- Click on Next.
Steps to verify data in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose Utilities.
- Click on Verify Data.
- Wait for the scan to finish. Then, you’ll receive one of the two messages mentioned below:
- QuickBooks detected no problems with your data – this simply means that your accounting data is safe and free from errors.
- Your data has lost integrity – this means that there is some recognizable data damage that is causing problems when you try to create items or generate reports in your accounting software.
Steps to rebuild data in QuickBooks desktop:
- Go to File > Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup of your company file.
- Run the Rebuild Utility.
Click on Ok when the rebuild utility finishes its process.
Manual solutions for QuickBooks error 6130, 0
If the QuickBooks File Doctor fails to fix the error automatically, then you can rely on manual solutions that require you to perform certain steps in order to address an underlying cause of QuickBooks error 6130, 0.
Open a sample company file
By opening a sample company file, you can verify that the error is caused by problems with either network and program files or company files.
QuickBooks Desktop has an inbuilt company file that you can use as a sample. If the sample file works without errors, then the problem can be attributed to program files or the network connection.
Steps to open a sample company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Go to the No Company Open window.
- Choose Open a Sample File.
If the sample file opens up, then the problem is probably with the program files. You can repair QuickBooks Desktop program files using the repair utility in Windows.
Update QuickBooks Desktop
Installing the update also installs patches meant to fix reported errors. If you haven’t updated QuickBooks Desktop in a while, then install the latest updates available for your version of Quickbooks Desktop.
Steps to update QuickBooks Desktop:
- Go to the start menu.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select run as administrator.
- Go to the help menu and choose to update QuickBooks.
- Click on check for updates.
- In the get updates tab select the option to reset updates.
- Then choose to update QuickBooks now.
- When the download of the update file has finished, exit QuickBooks.
Restart QuickBooks Desktop and choose Yes to install the updates. Then restart your system to let the changes take effect.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 1630, 0 requires you to go through the various solutions provided in this post. You can work through the solutions one by one until the error is resolved. In case you need help from professionals, get in touch with our QuickBooks experts.
Need Professional Help?
If the steps mentioned here don’t fix the error, or if users need more information/further assistance, they can contact our QuickBooks experts team at CALL NOW for expert guidance on the matter at any time of the day or night.
How can I use the QuickBooks Auto Data recovery to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 6130?
To recover the lost data from the Auto Data recovery and then open the folder. Make sure, open that folder where your company file is stored. Create the file extension visible if required. Now, you have to open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder. There would be two files with extension .qbw.adr. After this, you have to copy the ADR file to the new folder.
What is the best method to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
The best way to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 6130, press the ALt+key while hitting the QuickBooks application icon. When your system displays the prompt for user id and password. Then, you have to release the ALt key and write the new password. Hit the OK button and then open your application launches. Move forward press the Alt key and then release it.
What are the main roots behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
Corrupted or damaged downloaded files, incorrect window registry or system hacked by the virus are the major reasons due to which this error pops up on your screen while running the QuickBooks.
How do I download the sample file for the QuickBooks desktop?
QuickBooks desktop has an inbuilt sample company file. Users can rely on this file to test for various types of errors related to the company file and program file. When on the No Company Screen, you can choose the Sample Company File and QuickBooks Desktop will launch it for you.
How much does QuicKBooks File doctor cost?
The QuickBooks File doctor is available for free. When you download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can access this utility to scan your company file and fix common company file errors. Make sure that you download the Tool Hub from the link in this article or from the official website of Intuit because various third parties may offer a setup with an infected setup file.
How do I check my company file after I’ve fixed QuickBooks error 6130, 0?
You can use the verify utility in QuickBooks Desktop to check for data validity. If even after fixing the company file error, you’re receiving problems, then you can use the rebuild utility to fix any data related problems in QuickBooks Desktop. Also, you should reconcile your accounts to make sure that the data in your company file is accurate.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support