QuickBooks Error code 6130 might occur while opening a company file (.qbw format) or reconciling an account.
Indications of QuickBooks Error Code 6130
Below is the list of some early signs and symptoms that will help you in spotting the QuickBooks Error 6130.
- The QuickBooks Error 6130 may appear on the screen due to frequent active program window crashes.
- The error appears on the screen with the error code itself.
- If the system crashes while running the same program.
- You might also come across this issue when the system runs sluggishly.
- If the mouse and keyboard inputs start working slowly.
- In case the system freezes repeatedly after a short interval of time-frames.
Causes that promote QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
There are plenty of reasons that might lead to such an error code. Let’s have a look at each of them one after another.
- If you mistakenly deleted QuickBooks-related programs and files.
- Due to an incomplete QuickBooks accounting software application.
- The corrupted or outdated QuickBooks software download can be another trigger.
- In case the Windows Registry got corrupted.
- If there are damaged QBW files or Windows system files due to the harmful virus & malware attack.
- Insufficient storage or piling up of junk files can lead to this issue.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6130
You can choose any of the following methods to correct the QuickBooks Error 6130. If still, you are facing any technical issues, then without feeling upset you can jump to the other subsequent troubleshooting method.
Technique 1: Repair the Windows Registries
To prevent QuickBooks Error 6130, you are supposed to repair the windows registries by carrying out the steps provided below:
QuickBooks Error 6130 can be resolved if you repair the Windows Registries
- You are supposed to click on the Start tab in the first place.
- In the search box, type the Command and do not press Enter tab.
- Now, hold down the Ctrl + shift keys together on your keyboard and then click the Enter key.
- After this, a permission dialog box will be displayed on your screen.
- Later, you have to click on the Yes tab.
- A black box will pop up with a blinking dialog box.
- Furthermore, you would have to type Regedit and hit the Enter tab.
- Choose the Export option from the File menu.
- Navigate to save in list and select a particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks Desktop key.
- Then, head to the file name box and enter the name of the backup file.
- Go to the Export Range box and make sure that the Selected Branch is correct.
- Press the Save button.
- The file will automatically save in the .reg file extension format.
- At last, you will have the backup of QuickBooks-related entries.
Technique 2: Using the Windows System Restore to undo the recent system changes
Windows system restore allows the system user to go back in time to return your system files & programs. Even if you are constantly seeing the QuickBooks Error 6130 on your screen then you can check out the steps to properly run the System Restore tool.
- The very first step is to press the Start tab.
- Now, you have to type System Restore in the search box and hit the Enter key.
- Then, choose the System Restore option.
- If prompted, you need to enter an admin password.
- Perform the steps according to the instructions in Wizard and then select Restore Point.
- To end the process, safely reboot your system.
Technique 3: Rename QuickBooks company File
QuickBooks Company Files such as .ND and .TLG are configuration files that permit you to access the company files. If there’s corruption in these files then the QuickBooks Error 6130 might be noticed. Renaming these files can assist you to repair it.
Here are the steps you are supposed to perform:
- To start off, locate the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Next, you need to hit a right-click on the files with .ND and .TLG extensions and click Rename.
- Afterward, alter the filenames by adding OLD towards the end of the filename.
- Ultimately, open the QuickBooks and try to access the files. If the error persists, move to another troubleshooting step.
Technique 4: Restart the Database Service for QuickBooks on the Server
- Under this process, you are required to press and hold the Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run Window on the server system.
- After this, you need to type services.msc in the open box and then press the Enter key.
- Now, search for QuickBooksDBXX service (XX represents the version of your QB Desktop software).
- Tap on the Service and then select the Start tab from the left side panel.
- Later, open the company file and check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Technique 5: Running the Windows System File Checker
System File Checker is one of the most efficient tools that allow the QuickBooks user to scan & restore corruptions in the Windows System Files. Also, it helps you to tackle the QuickBooks Error 6130. Just, go through the following instructions to do so:
Procedure to Run the System File Checker (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- In the beginning, hit the Start tab.
- Next, type the command in the search box and do not press the Enter button.
- Hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys simultaneously and hit the Enter tab.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Now, you have to click the Yes tab.
- A black screen will open with the name on the top as Command Prompt.
- Enter the SFC/scannow and select the Enter tab.
- The scanning process will get started with the help of the System File Checker to settle QuickBooks Error 6130.
Technique 6: Make a new user on Windows
- Herein, you need to tap on the Start icon once more time.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and select user accounts.
- Now, choose the Create New User option.
- Ensure that you have selected the admin for user type.
- Then, sign out from the existing user.
- And restart your system.
- Once you are done with that, log in to the QuickBooks with the help of the created users.
- Along with this, save the QuickBooks Company File on the desktop.
- In the conclusion, open the QuickBooks desktop again to run the company file.
Technique 7: Creating a damaged folder again
- If the above-stated solutions didn’t work out for you, you can easily open the new folder on C:\drive.
- Next, go to the folder where the company file is saved.
- Place the file therein.
- Hit a right-click on the .qbw file and choose the Copy option.
- Now, you need to open the folder and select Paste.
- After setting windows access permissions, you just need to share the company files.
- The closing step is to start the QuickBooks Desktop and access the file through a new location.
Technique 8: Run Disk Cleanup to clean out the system junk
Sometimes, your personal computer accumulates junk files while web surfing & regular computer use. The extreme or overtime use can create a cluster of junk files that makes the system slow & sluggish in response. It may also provoke QuickBooks Error 6130. Thus, it is essential to use the Disk cleanup to remove such junk and to improve the performance of your system.
The directions you need to follow inclined below:
- To start click on the Start tab.
- In the search bar, you have to type Command and avoid pressing Enter yet.
- Now, you would have to hold the ctrl + shift keys together on the keyboard.
- Hit the Enter tab.
- After that, you will get a permission dialog box where you need to tap on the Yes icon.
- Type the cleanmgr in the search bar and press Enter once again.
- The disk cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the temporary files and also allows you to remove it.
- Finally, you are required to select the boxes of the categories you wish to clean and then hit the OK tab.
Technique 9: Install all the Available Windows Updates
QuickBooks Error 6130 potentially arises due to uninstalled available Windows updates. But time-to-time Microsoft launch updates & improvements in the Windows System files could end up with the QuickBooks Error Code 6130. So, you just need to check out the steps as given below:
Perform the steps to check for the Windows Update (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and Vista)
- In the inception, tap on the Start button.
- Next, type Update in the search box and press the Enter tab.
- The Windows Update dialogue box will be visible on your screen.
- If the updates are available, choose the Install Updates icon.
The QuickBooks Error Code 6130 may be occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows Operating systems:
- MS Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows 10
- MS Windows ME
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 8
Technique 10: Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
Performing a clean installation of the software might be the best avenue to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 6130. The steps included in this section are as follows:
Steps to Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
- The initial step is to tap on the Start button to open the Programs and Features.
- Now, click twice on the Control Panel from the right side of the menu.
- The next step is to choose the Programs option.
- Then, select the Programs and Features.
- Locate the program that is responsible for the QuickBooks Error 6130.
- Choose the option related to such an error code.
- In the top menu, press the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the QuickBooks software removal process gets completed.
- Thereafter, you need to reinstall the software. For this, you must have product and license keys.
- Once done with the installation, start the QuickBooks Desktop and verify that the process has resolved the error.
Need Professional Help?
If the steps mentioned here don’t fix the error, or if users need more information/further assistance, they can contact our QuickBooks experts team at CALL NOW for expert guidance on the matter at any time of the day or night.
How can I use the QuickBooks Auto Data recovery to get rid of QuickBooks Error code 6130?
To recover the lost data from the Auto Data recovery and then open the folder. Make sure, open that folder where your company file is stored. Create the file extension visible if required. Now, you have to open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder. There would be two files with extension .qbw.adr. After this, you have to copy the ADR file to the new folder.
What is the best method to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
The best way to resolve the QuickBooks Error code 6130, press the ALt+key while hitting the QuickBooks application icon. When your system displays the prompt for user id and password. Then, you have to release the ALt key and write the new password. Hit the OK button and then open your application launches. Move forward press the Alt key and then release it.
What are the main roots behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6130?
Corrupted or damaged downloaded files, incorrect window registry or system hacked by the virus are the major reasons due to which this error pops up on your screen while running the QuickBooks.