QuickBooks meets all of the expectations of the user hence it is one of the best accounting software. It gives you an organized atmosphere to manage the work more perfectly. However, sometime while working you may need to manage the Accountant’s copy.
Below mentioned an article overview of the Accountant’s copy and how to cancel the QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy.
What Is QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy And Its Workflow?
It is a way through which you are allowing your accountant to work simultaneously with your books and with company files. Additionally, the Accountant’s copy file transfer feature is available with Intuit server, which helps you to exchange the data between you and your accountant.
When QuickBooks User Need Cancelling Accountant’s Copy?
Reasons for Cancel QuickBooks Accountant’s Copy
If your accountant has accountant’s copy then it is very much possible to cancel accountant’s copy of your data. However, make sure to discuss about this thing with your accountant before making this change. Below mentioned are some reasons which become the cause of cancelling accountant change.
- Faced some corrections which needs to do before the dividing date.
- The accountant delayed the review of your file.
- May be your accountant want to work in your file without any transactions restrictions and makes appointment to come to office to work remotely via internet.
- You are not able to change some non posting documents such as Purchase order , sales order etc prior to dividing date.
How To Cancel QB Accountant’s Copy Step By Step?
Have you ever thought that if you don’t require the service of your accountant then what should you do? It is always better to cancel the accountant file instead of keeping it. If you let the accountant copy open then it could create issues later on. Anyone can access the file and make some changes without your permission or knowledge.
To avoid such scenarios you should cancel the accountant copy when it is not required. To cancel QuickBooks accountant’s copy follow the below steps.
- Open your QuickBooks accounting software.
- Click on File option then >> Send Company File.
- Now go to Accountant’s copy >> Client Activities >> and then select Remove Restrictions.
- Finally, select the option mentioned as “ Yes I want to remove all Accountant’s Copy restrictions”.
- After that click on Ok to complete the process.
However, in older versions steps are a little different
- Open the QB software.
- Go to File menu.
- Select Accountant’s copy >> client activities option.
- See and choose remove restrictions option.
- Locate the option “Yes I want to remove the accountant’s copy restrictions” and select it.
After following these steps, QuickBooks notify you that your accountant copy has been canceled.
Help Cancellation QuickBooks Accountant’s copy Failed
Hopefully, the above information helps you to know the details to cancel the QuickBooks accountant’s copy and by following the above-mentioned steps to cancel QuickBooks Accountant’s copy one is able to cancel the accountant’s copy. Instead of keeping the file, it is always advised to delete that file to save space and to prevent access to unauthorized people.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support