Sometimes it is essential to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale so that accounting works processes smoothly. This is mostly required when a Point of Sale function gets damaged and is called as a clean install or uninstall.
In this article, we provide you with a complete guide to effectively uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop.
Points to be noted:
Before following the steps to re-install QuickBooks Point of Sale, take note of the following points:
- Create a backup for the data file.
- QuickBooks Point Of Sale installation CD or download file must be available
- Ensure that you possess the Product and License numbers.
- Log in as the Window Administrator.
- The systems should be available for a restart.
Perform a clean Uninstall for QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop.
Before you re-install, you have to perform uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop. Follow the steps to do so:
- Press the Windows + E key on the keyboard. The Computer window will open.
- Click on Uninstall or Change a Program option.
- Double click on the Point of Sale and select Uninstall.
- Perform the instructions in order to uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Rename of Sale folders
- Copy and paste Point of Sale data folder to the Desktop
- Type in a new name for the user login and folder
- Restart the computer.
Restore company file
- Go to QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop and create a name you desire for the new company file and reinstate the created backup.
- When the file is restored, check that there is no error when closing and reopening Point of Sale.
- Register your QuickBooks Point of Sale again for Desktop.
Perform a clean reinstall for QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop
Follow the steps to perform a clean reinstall for QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop:
- First, download the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Access the location where earlier QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale was saved
- Select the executable QuickBooks Point of Sale file in order to start Point of Sale installation.
- Click on Yes
- Press on Next. The installation will start.
- Go through the Software License Agreement. If you consider the agreement, mark on the terms, and then click on Next.
- Type in the Product and License numbers
- Press Next.