Sage 50 To QuickBooks Desktop Canada Conversion
To convert Sage 50 to QuickBooks Canada, you can use a free software offered by Intuit known as the QuickBooks conversion tool. There are many services that purport to convert your company file, but most of them fail miserably. Further, unlike us, they don’t use encrypted networks to send and receive your company file, putting your data at risk of theft. In this article, you’ll find all the necessary steps to perform this conversion with ease.
Tools For Converting Sage 50 To QuickBooks CA [Pro, Premier, Enterprise]
QuickBooks Conversion Tool by Intuit
QuickBooks conversion tool by Intuit is free software that can easily convert a Sage 50 company file into a QuickBooks Canada company file. For many years, Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) ruled the accounting software realm; however, with the advent of QuickBooks, many businesses shifted gears to enjoy the wealth of features provided by the new accounting software.
You can download the QuickBooks conversion tool from this QuickBooks conversion tool Download link.
Compatibility Check Moving Sage 50 Data To QB Desktop CA
System Requirements to Run QuickBooks Conversion Tool
Before you download and run the QuickBooks conversion tool, you need to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements. The minimum requirements to run the QuickBooks conversion tool are provided below:
- Processor Speed 500mz or above
- Minimum Intel Pentium II
- Windows 8 or above for Operating System
- Ram of more than 512MB
- Free hard disk spare of more than 2.5GB
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018 or higher
- 2013 or above version of Sage 50
- Version 2.0 or above of Microsoft .NET Framework
If using a very old edition of Sage 50 accounting software then you have to go to update the software first to learn more details connect Sage Peachtree Technical Support team now.
If you want to install the .NET Framework, you can download it for free from Microsoft’s website. This program is essential for running for QB installer and the QB conversion tool.
Have you checked Peachtree To QuickBooks Conversion guide with some issue resolutions users may face during converting company file.
Convert Sage 50 Company File To Canadian QuickBooks Company File
QuickBooks Conversion tool can transfer most of your accounting data from the Sage 50 company file to the QB company file; however, there are a few items that can’t be transferred, for instance:
- Information about Fixed Assets
- Payroll and Wage data of Employees
- Deductions and Tax calculation for individual employees
- All transaction pertaining to payroll
- Information used in calculating paychecks
IF getting any data error issue lets try QuickBooks Tool Hub, which verifies and then fix any data corruption in QB financial data.
Manual Transfer Sage 50 Data To QB CA
However, most of the essential accounting data will be transferred. This data includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Vendor and Customer Transactions
- Personally Identifiable Information of Employees
- General Ledger including the one for Payroll
- Paycheck Information
- Balance of Accounts
- Lists of customers, vendors, employees, items, and accounts
Note: QuickBooks Conversion tool will first convert Sage 50 US company files to QB US. After this conversion, you can convert the QB company file to any other version.
Manually entering data from one company file to the other can take a lot of time. Hiring an expert can be costly. Therefore, the QuickBooks conversion tool is by far the best available option to all users who wish to import their Sage 50 data to QuickBooks Canada.
Sage 50 To Canadian QuickBooks Migration Process
Before you start the conversion process, there are a few prerequisites that you must follow. The same has been mentioned below:
- Back up your Sage 50 Company File, as after conversion, you won’t have access to it.
- Make sure that both QuickBooks and Sage 50 are installed on the system on which you’ll perform the conversion. Install QuickBooks and Sage 50 on the same.
- Instead of a server or remote system, the company file must be stored on the local hard drive. If this isn’t the case, then the conversion tool will automatically throw an error.
What’s correct process user need to follow Sage 50 To QuickBooks Online Conversion, so all data will migrate safely without any corruption.
Ensure that you’ve abided by all of the aforementioned prerequisites. The next steps would include preparing both Sage 50 and QuickBooks for the conversion process. Below, we have mentioned the steps for the same:
Settings for Sage 50
Sign into a Sage 50 account that has administrative privileges; otherwise, you won’t be able to change the settings.
How To Convert Sage 50 Pro,Premium, Quantum To QB Ca Edition
To prepare Sage 50 for the conversion process, follow the steps provided below:
- Start the Sage 50 Accounting Software
- Select the File that you want to convert
- From the main menu, select Maintain
- Choose Users from the options provided
- Click on Setup Security
- Select the Data Access/Crystal Reports tab
- Checkmark the box against the option, ‘With the following login information.’
- Select Change
- Set a Password and Hit Ok.
Note the password, because you’ll be prompted for the same before you begin the conversion process with the QuickBooks conversion tool.
Now follow the steps given below to complete the conversion process:
- Download QuickBooks Conversion Tool from the following link.
- Right click on the Executable and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- On the main screen for the tool, select Browse
- Locate the Sage 50 company file and select it.
- Enter the password that you set while preparing the Sage 50 software for conversion.
- Select one version of QuickBooks Desktop to which you want the file to be converted.
- Enter a unique name for the company file
- Select the location where the converted company file will be saved by clicking on Browse.
- QuickBooks Application Certificate window will appear. Click Yes for each of the options.
- Select Continue
- Wait for the conversion process to finish. You’ll receive a confirmation message for the same.
Technical Support Sage 50 To QB Ca Conversion Failed
The conversion process can take hours, especially if the Sage 50 company file is large. Further, many users encounter problems while converting the company file from one version to another.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support