QuickBooks was designed to handle all kinds of Accounting Software and business requirements. QuickBooks can be easily used for creating a budget for a job, account, client, or class that is inside an account. Basically, you just have to enter the amounts for the budget in the income or expense section. The balance sheets are maintained for accounts that are easy to track. This way you can efficiently maintain budget reports through which you can track actual amounts and budget amounts. Generally, one budget is set up for a year.
Here, in this article, you will get to know how to create and delete budgets from your QuickBooks Desktop accounting software.
Setting up Budget in QuickBooks
In the steps mentioned below, you can easily create an account-based budget for classes:
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Go to the Company option.
- Choose the Planning & Budgeting option.
- Click on the Set Up Budgets option.
Important: If you have previously created a budget, then you can easily continue the process. But, in case, you haven’t created a budget in your QuickBooks accounting software, then you need to create a Budget.
- Select the year, for which you want to create the budget.
- Click on the type of budget which you want to create.
- You can add budgeting criteria and instructions for your budget.
- Signify, whether you are want to start from scratch.
- Press the Finish option and then click on Do your Budget.
- To save your work, click on Save and do not close the Set-up Budget Window open and finally, enter Hide Plan.
Delete the Budget in QuickBooks software
Here are some steps, which you should follow in order to delete the budget in your QuickBooks Desktop accounting software.
- Click on the Company menu.
- Click on the Planning & Budgeting option.
- Go to Setup Budgets options.
- Click on the Budget’s drop-down menu and select the budget that is to be deleted from the list.
- You can also assign a customer or a class: Job if necessary.
- Click on the Edit menu and select the Delete Budget.
- Press the Yes option.
- Before deleting your budget, it is advised you save a copy of your budget by printing it.
How to Delete Budget in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Open the Company menu and select Planning & Budgeting.
- Tap on the Setup Budgets option.
- Click on the drop-down list and choose the budget you wish to remove.
- If necessary, you can specify the Class or Customer Job.
- Click Edit and then Delete Budget.
- In the end, hit Yes.
Our Assistance channels
By following the steps mentioned in this article, you can easily create or delete a budget in your QuickBooks accounting software. In case, you are facing some issues while following the steps, you can contact QuickBooks that is set up by Intuit. If you are unable to reach out to them, then you can look for other alternatives like “Bigxperts”. They are a third-party QuickBooks customer service agency that provides round the clock service. To reach out to them, you will have to and the QuickBooks expert will get back to you immediately. They will provide you with the best possible solution for your QB issues and solve your queries in a minimal wait time. You can also request Live Chat Support on the official website.