QuickBooks for Mac is tailored for people using netbooks and laptops provided by Apple. With an elegant and user friendly interface, it can help users in accomplishing day to day accounting tasks. Apart from this, you can create customizable reports that can provide useful insights. You can even create budgets and ascertain price of a particular item easily. Further, new features are regularly introduced through regular updates.
To resolve data damage to your QuickBooks Mac Desktop company file, you can follow each of the methods provided below. Each method deals with a particular underlying problem and error.
Rebuild the Entire Company File
With QuickBooks, users have the option to rebuild company file and repair any damage dealt to it. The option to rebuild a particular company file is inbuilt, hence users don’t have to download other software or look for solutions from any third party.
1. To rebuild your entire company file
Follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the file menu
- Click on Utilities
- Select Rebuild Data
- On the confirmation for Backup Data, click ok
- Click ok on the confirmation box for Rebuild
You should backup your company file before starting the rebuild process. Also, do not unplug or turn off your PC while the rebuild process continues. Once the process is complete restart your computer and open QB.
1. You can verify data with the verify utility tool
To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on file
- Select Utilities and hit Verify Data
- If there is an issue with your company file data, then do not rebuild the data again. Instead open the QBWIN.log file.
- Click on Ctrl+F and type in LVL_ERROR
- Find the solution for this error through QuickBooks Help menu or Google
The verify data can also inform you about any invalid transactions. Invalid transactions often are overflow transactions that have amount set to above $9,999,999,999.99. Also, any inventory item with invalid data can also be discovered. If there are invalid transactions, you can narrow them down by creating financial statements. Through these statements and reports you can get a direct link to the invalid transaction or inventory item. Fix the transactions and inventory items to smoothly work with QuickBooks.
Fix data damage on your QuickBooks Mac Desktop company file with troubleshooting steps:
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data Utility
- Go to File menu, pick ‘Utilities > Rebuild Data’
- Click on the ‘OK button in the backup of the data of the QuickBooks company file.
- If the cursor is moving, it implies that Rebuild is going on. Allow it to finish.
- At the point when Rebuild is finished, Select the OK button.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data Utility
- Go to ‘File menu’ and pick ‘Utilities and then click on the Verify Data
- Select ‘OK’ if you get the message ‘QuickBooks identified no issue with your data’.
- If there is an issue with the data, you will get the brief ‘Rebuild Now’ or ‘View Errors’.
- Presently, pick ‘Close’ and play out the means underneath:
How to discover QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files?
- In the first step, you have to check the log file
- For Mac: Scroll down to the latest check data
- For Windows: Search for start check and find the latest file
- In the opened file, you need to look by squeezing ‘Ctrl+F keys’ for the beginning ‘Check’
- Presently, discover the line which is LVL_ERROR, and look for it under wraps QuickBooks Learn and Support Site. Likewise, you can see that there is a data damage top LVL errors library
Assuming you are a QuickBooks Mac user, the beneath given advances will assist you with settling the data damage issues of QuickBooks:
Step 1: Re-Sort Files
Rearranging the rundowns will help you take care of your records back. If you have changed the request for a rundown, turning will do the needful.
Step 2: Identify the Problem with the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to run the Balance Sheet in Cash and Accrual Basis
- Go to ‘Reports menu’, and select ‘Company and Financial
- Click on the Accounts record Detail
- Presently, select ‘Choices’, pick ‘Accumulation or Cash’.
- If you track down that the absolute resources don’t get equivalent with the responsibility and value in every one of the reports, then, at that point, you better decide the transaction which is causing the issue.
- Take a backup of the company file, ‘Delete and re emerge’ the transaction
- After this, contrast the Account report aggregates with the equilibriums on Chart of Accounts:
- Contrast the open solicitations with money due to balance on the ‘Graph of Accounts’.
- Think about the absolute in ‘Neglected Bills report’ to the ‘Records Payable equilibrium’ on the ‘Diagram of Accounts’
- Presently, backup your company file, delete and return the transactions or you can likewise change the transaction.
Step 3: Check Specific Accounts
There are two explicit records which include:
- Uncategorized Expenses: To adjust the transaction, the rebuild will put out-of-balance transactions in this record. You may likewise see voided checks in this record. Other than voided checks, you will likewise discover the transactions. Presently, again delete and reappear the transactions.
- Undeposited Funds: Go to ‘Exercises’, select ‘Set aside Installments’, and afterward, select all. Ensure that the aggregate sum is equivalent to the equilibrium that appeared for ‘Undeposited Funds’ on ‘Graph of Accounts’. Likewise, guarantee that no deposits are appearing in the store.
Step 4: Merge the Damaged Accounts/Items/Names
- The first step is to open the ‘Records’ and select ‘Graph of Accounts’.
- In the control key, select the record that has been damaged.
- Then, click on ‘Edit Account’
- Ensure you put a mark (*) on the name of the record
- Then, at that point, click on ‘Drop’
- While holding the ‘Control Key’, select any record and click on ‘New Account’
- Pick the sort and enter the first name of the record having issue
- Click ‘OK’
- Hold the ‘Control key’ and select a unique record. Pick ‘Edit Account’
- Presently eliminate the bullet and select the ‘OK’ button
- Click on ‘YES’ as this will affirm that you want to consolidate the records
To consolidate things and names, similar advances will be followed as the ones followed for combining accounts
Step 5: Delete Customer Reports
- Go to ‘Reports menu’ and click on ‘Report Center’
- Select ‘Reports’ you need to delete and click on name once.
- Select ‘Red X’ and click on the ‘OK button.
Step 6: Delete Memorized Transactions
- Go to ‘Records’ and pick ‘Retained transactions’
- Go to ‘Edit menu’ and pick ‘Delete remembered transactions’
- Click on ‘OK’ and the transactions will be deleted.
Need Professional Help?
How to verify the data in the QB Mac desktop company file?
Choose the File and open the “Utilities” option. Then choose the “Verify Data” option. Then, hit the click on the Ok button to close all windows. In any case, if you find this message “Your data has failed the integrity check” then rebuild the file. If you find all fine with your data then you are done with this program.
How to run the rebuild tool for the QB Mac version?
Open the File menu and then select the utilities. All options will pop up on your screen; you have to choose the “Verify Data” option. It will automatically detect the issue. Move forward to the “Rebuild Data” option. Click on the “Run” option and then damaged data will be repaired as soon as possible.
How can I manually fix the data in the QB Mac desktop company file?
From the top menu bar, open the File menu. Click on the “Utilities” and drop-down menu options will appear on your screen. Wait until the tool processing is not finished. Once it’s finished, click on the “Expand All” option to view all errors.