QuickBooks Accounting solutions can be seamlessly integrated with the Outlook for sending emails, forms and invoices. There are situations when the Microsoft Outlook is missing in the QuickBooks Desktop Send Forms preferences. This situation generally arises when you are changing the email preferences in your QuickBooks application. You can change your email preferences easily by going to My Preferences option in Send Forms option which is present in Preferences menu in Edit tab. If you are unable to locate the Outlooks in that option, then there are various reasons that are responsible for it.
- You are working on the older versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- You don’t have a proper profile in Microsoft Outlook.
- Default email program is not set as Outlook for emailing on your system.
- Outlook is not selected as preferred email client for Internet Explorer.
- Your QuickBooks has cloud hosting but your service provider does not have Microsoft Office installed on the hosted system.
Here are some solutions that are suggested to resolve your missing Outlook issue. But make sure that you have installed the latest version of Microsoft Outlook on your system. Even after doing so you are facing the same issue, and then follow the steps below:
Method I: Set Outlook as default email program
For Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013
• Go to File menu and select Options.
• From start up options, choose Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar.
For Outlook 2007 and older versions
• Go to Tools menu and click on Options.
• Select the Other tab.
• In the General settings, click on Make Outlook the default program for Email.
Note: If you are working on a number of Outlook profiles then Outlook will ask you to choose a profile every time you start your application. If you have not selected a profile as a default option then QuickBooks will not see Outlook. While starting the Outlook, select a profile and then click on set as default.
Method II: Edit the Mail profile setting for your Windows Operating System
• End your QuickBooks application.
• Press the Windows Start button from your keyboard and click on Control Panel.
• From the Search Control Panel area on the top left side, write Mail and look for results.
• Select the Mail from the results that are displayed.
• From the Mail Setup window, select Show Profiles.
• Click on the Always use this profile and press OK.
• Re-open your QuickBooks application and start using the Outlook for emailing.