QuickBooks subscription is inactive or expired then it requires reactive or update credit card. Once users receive an error message then they may not have the option to utilize QuickBooks and introduce its updates. To get rid of this error it is required to refresh credit card information and check web connectivity. When users attempting to use or install updates for QB Desktop then they receive the following error message:
Your QuickBooks subscription has expired or lapsed.
Sorry! It looks like your subscription has got expired or lapsed.
Possible reasons for Subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop
Here are all the possible reasons that you can consider it as one of the reasons behind your subscription error. Have a look at it:
- Misconfigured internet browser or internet connection is not stable
- Problem with the router
- Outdated details of the credit card so that QuickBooks may unable to renew your subscription
- Using older QuickBooks subscription
Solutions to Fix a subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop
Check out the reliable and efficacious solutions to repair this subscription error.
Solution 1: Update the billing info
In case, you recently change your business credit cards or accounts then you might need to update your payments related details for the subscription. Here are the steps involved:
- Firstly, sign in to the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPs) as an Admin user
- Thereafter click on the QuickBooks Desktop from your products and services
- Next, select the Edit option in the payment information section
- update all the related information once done then click on the Save & Close option
- Now, open the QuickBooks Desktop
- After that go to the Help menu and over Manage My License
- Lastly, select Sync License Data Online
If the error still exits then try solution 2.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Initially, go to QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub and open it
- Next, select and click on the tab named “Installation issues”
- Now, click on the Install Diagnostic Tool (this can repair any Windows files related error that needs to run QuickBooks Desktop)
If the error still appears the subscription error even after using the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub then it is recommended to try the further solution.
Solution 3: Restore the product and license file
- Collect all the product and license information if you don’t have it with you
- After that close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows Start Button from your keyboard
- Type run in the appear search box and click on the same
- Next, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and hit enter button
- In case, it doesn’t open a folder then type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead of that
- Search for EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right-click on it
- Select delete option and click Yes to confirm deleting the file
- Now, try to open QuickBooks Desktop and the company fie as well
- Perform the on-screen appear instructions in order to register QuickBooks once again with your product and license information.
Solution 4: Verify the settings of Internet connection
If subscription error still appears; QuickBooks Desktop may require you to change the Internet connection settings. Follow the detailed steps to verify the settings of your Internet connection:
- Select the Internet Connection setup from the Help menu
- Next, select “Use the Internet connection settings of my computer to establish a connection when that application accesses the Internet”
- Then click on the Next
- Now select and click on the “Advanced Connection Settings”
- After that select the Ok button
- Then click on the done option.
Get in touch with technical experts
So, the above mentioned are all the possible solutions to fix a subscription error in QuickBooks Desktop that are easy to perform. In case, if you still experience the same error then need to get in touch with QuickBooks technical toll-free helpdesk number 1800-816-6849. As the service is available 24*7, so you can reach out then anytime via email or live chat as well.