About QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
|Error Code:||Error 6144, 82||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||[Error 6144, 82]. QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for inconvenience.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||QuickBooks related files deleted Mistakenly., Increase the corruption in the windows registry due to the recent changes in the QuickBooks.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Verify hosting feature for all systems, Manually track the settings for permission to access the folder.|
QuickBooks software is the most sought-after accounting software that has garnered hordes of popularity in its field due to incredibly powerful tools and features integrated into an otherwise user-friendly and intuitive dashboard. The software has made significant changes in the way financial activities are handled as opposed to the manner in which they were conducted earlier manually by the accountants and bookkeepers.
The software is quite adept at tackling even the most complex of tasks without needing interference from the user. However, it is as susceptible to errors and issues as any other software out in the market. One of the most common series of errors faced by users most of the time is the 6000 series. This series basically interrupt user to access the company file or open the software altogether. With many different errors included within the series, one is QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 which basically indicates issues within the network connection.
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- 2 Main Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- 3 How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- 4 FAQ
Main Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 caused due to below-listed reasons:
- Virus or malware affecting the program files related to QuickBooks or windows system files.
- QuickBooks related files deleted Mistakenly.
- It might be possible due to the network issues on your server.
- Increase the corruption in the windows registry due to the recent changes in the QuickBooks .
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- And QuickBooks software is also corrupted.
To resolve it user can either get in touch with the proficient QuickBooks experts or continue down towards different methods of resolution as suggested by Intuit itself.
Before moving on to recovering the software by trying any of the following methods, there are some ground rules and tips to keep in mind while following any of the solutions illustrated.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
To fix QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 you simply need to follow the provided points:
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- Verify hosting feature for all systems
- Reset the setting under ports for Firewall
- Manually track the settings for permission to access the folder
Follow these steps in order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82:
1. Method One: Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- Easiest way of resolving any QuickBooks error is by downloading QuickBooks File Doctor, easily found in Intuit’s website, and installing it onto the system where the error has occurred. Once the tool starts running it will scan the system and locate the area of issue that results in narrowing down the problem section and resolve it within minutes. “However, if the issue does not get located or QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 still persist then it is better to follow methods mentioned below.”
- To download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor tool follow steps written below:
- Download the tool and install it on the system on which QuickBooks software is hosted.
- Once the installation process is completed, run it. However, ensure that you are logged in Administrator to perform resolution.
- Next two options will be showcased – (a) Network Connectivity Only & (b) Both File Damage and Network Connectivity. Click on (a) option as it will ensure that not only QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 gets resolved, it will also detect any data and file corruption.
- User will get a prompt to type in the password. Admin password should be provided at this stage.
- Next the software will ask whether the company file is hosted on Workstation or Server. If it is on Server then click on ‘Yes’ option otherwise select the tab labeled ‘No’.
- Click on Proceed button, which will provide extensive results on the system regarding the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82.
- Ensure that the version and edition of QuickBooks used is up to date to latest update release by Intuit and is also upgraded to latest version.
- It is necessary to understand that whether the software is hosted locally or is accessed over a network server the 6000 series error can still occur.
- Ensure that the file is tried to be accessed after completion of every method in order to verify what the root cause was and which error worked best.
Assumption: For the following method to work it is assumed that the file is to be opened on a network server as the software is hosted on another computer system.
2. Method Two: Verify hosting feature for all systems
It is advised that only one system or network server hosts the software and its connected company files.
To verify this follow the steps below:
- Click on F2 button on keyboard. It will provide a new window displaying the required details about the software.
- Locate the area displaying Local Server Information. Under this hosting icon should be turned off.
3. Method Three: Reset the setting under ports for Firewall
One of the most common reasons behind the inaccessibility of any file over a network is that the systems security software and firewall are set to restrict the entry and exit of certain areas. It is quite a possible firewall is restricting entry for QuickBooks over a server. All the user has to do is reset the permission restrictions and the issue will be resolved.
4. Method Four: Manually track the settings for permission to access the folder
At times permission settings for the folder contradict access to the company file. If that is the case user will not be able to open and access the company files unless the setting is reconfigured. It can be done manually very easily without needing any technical knowledge whatsoever.
Need Professional Help?
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
There is more than one sign you can observe when an error occurs. Some of them are: An open application or an active Windows may crash, your PC starts freezing from time to time, Windows late response to the given input, etc.
Why does QuickBooks error message 6144 82 pop up on my screen?
It mainly occurs when QuickBooks download gets corrupted or damaged, during starting or shutting down of your PC, while installing Operating System or installing any program and QB is running in the background.
Can do undo the recent changes help me to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82?
Yes, sometimes, it helps you when Windows is creating any issues. You can do it using Windows System Restore and here’s how: Click the Windows Start key from your keyboard. Type “System Restore” within the search box and then hit the Enter key. Choose the System Restore then enter Admin password if asked. After that, the prompts instructions appear in the Wizard, which you have to follow to reach a restore point. Finally, try to restore your PC.