QuickBooks IE script error prevents users from using the accounting software. Because QuickBooks relies on Internet Explorer for connecting to the internet services and displaying a lot of information, incorrect configuration of internet explorer can cause script errors that ultimately crash the software. Before you even start to resolve this error, you should make sure that internet explorer is your default browser so that the accounting software can access it directly.
Firewall settings can also lead to QuickBooks IE script error all the time, as firewall is a security software that blocks any connections it deems malicious or harmful. It doesn’t matter if the connection is safe, it matters how the firewall sees it. So you need to adjust the firewall settings to enable the network connection for the accounting software to go through without interference. To do this, we’ll give you detailed steps for creating custom firewall rules.
In this post, you’ll learn how to fix the QuickBooks IE script error.
About QuickBooks IE Script Error All The Time
|Error Name:||IE Script Error All The Time||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Script errors are commonly associated with Internet Explorer, and QuickBooks connects to the internet using Internet Explorer’s settings by default.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Make sure that QuickBooks is synced with Internet Explorer or wait for the error to crop up, If the Internet Explorer is already running when you make the page request, then also QuickBooks script error can be triggered.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||During QBO loading, the process timed out, An error message appears, informing you of the problem and prompting you to run or terminate the script.||Possible Solution:||Add Intuit As A Trusted Website in Internet Explorer, Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer|
Understanding Of QuickBooks Script Error
Indications Of QuickBooks Script Error
When QuickBooks script error occurs, it will display the following symptoms:
- When using the online bank website to enter bank feeds, an error warning appears.
- During QBO loading, the process timed out.
- The Internet is performing poorly.
- The keyboard and mouse inputs on your PC are slow to respond.
- When using QBO Internet Explorer, a script error occurs.
- An error message appears, informing you of the problem and prompting you to run or terminate the script.
- Attempting to log in is blocked by a window.
What Causes QuickBooks Script Error?
The script error in QuickBooks is usually caused by Internet Explorer’s faulty settings. QuickBooks is designed to work well with Internet Explorer in order to be as efficient as possible. If you’re using an outdated or misconfigured browser, you’re more likely to get a QuickBooks script error.
QuickBooks script error takes place due to the below-mentioned indications:
- If the browser is not configured favorably to the QuickBooks, then the error can hit your business accounting.
- If the Internet Explorer is already running when you make the page request, then also QuickBooks script error can be triggered.
- Make sure that QuickBooks is synced with Internet Explorer or wait for the error to crop up.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks IE Script Error All The Time
The following troubleshooting steps for script error in QuickBooks are as follow:-
💠 Add Intuit As A Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
💠 Run The Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
💠 Clear Cache Data within Internet Explorer
💠 Turning Off The Add-ons within The Internet Explorer
💠 Set the Internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
💠 Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
💠 Add the URL in the Error Message to the Restricted Websites List in QuickBooks
💠 Turning off the Script Error Notification within the Browser Settings
💠 Re-Installation of Internet Explorer
💠 Upgrade The QuickBooks Desktop to The Latest Release
There is more than one way available in amending the error. You simply have to carry out the steps as discussed in every method and then do check the error resolved or after every attempt method.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Step 1: Add Intuit As A Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
Add Intuit As A Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
Resolve issues by adding Intuit as a trusted website in internet explorer by carrying out the steps:
💠 Go to Settings and open Internet Explorer then move to the Security tab
💠 Next, add *Intuit.com under the Trusted Sites as a trusted website
💠 Now, move back to the Trusted Sites window
💠 Uncheck the option “Require server verification (https:)
💠 After that, exit from the Trusted Sites window and then uncheck the option “Enable Protected Mode”
💠 Finally, exit from the Internet Explorer and try again to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 2: Run The Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
Run The Internet Explorer in Compatibility View
Configuring Internet Explorer Browser in Compatibility view by using below steps:
💠 First, you have to open Internet Explorer and then click Tools
💠 Open the Compatibility View window by going to the Compatibility View Settings
💠 Give a checkmark which is next to the checkbox “Display all websites in Compatibility View”
💠 At last, save all the changes by clicking “Close”.
Step 3: Clear Cache Data within Internet Explorer
Clear Cache Data within Internet Explorer
Follow the steps to Clearing cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser:
💠 Go to the Internet Explorer Settings >>> Browsing History section
💠 Hit the Delete button and then select the History >> Cookies >> Temporary Internet files
💠 Now, you have to click on the Delete button
💠 At last, hit Apply followed by Ok tab.
Step 4: Turning Off The Add-ons within The Internet Explorer
Turning Off The Add-ons within The Internet Explorer
Confirm that no add-on is there on your default browser or Internet Explorer. If yes, turn off them with the below steps:
💠 Select Internet Options from the Tools menu in Internet Explorer
💠 Select Manage Add-ons from the Programs tab
💠 Now, from the bottom of the screen, click the add-on and select Disable
💠 Exit Internet Explorer by clicking OK.
Step 5: Set the Internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
Set the Internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
If the Script error in QuickBooks resumes, then Set the Internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser by using the given steps:
💠 Navigate to the Programs tab in Internet Explorer’s settings
💠 Check Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser option after clicking the Make Default button.
Step 6: Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
Clear SSL Certificates from the Internet Explorer
Configuring the Internet Explorer can fix QuickBooks Script Error. In this method you are required to Clear SSL Certificates from Internet Explorer:
💠 Select Internet Options from the Gear icon at the top of Internet Explorer
💠 Click the Clear SSL State button on the Content tab
💠 To save the changes, click OK.
Step 7: Add the URL in the Error Message to the Restricted Websites List in QuickBooks
Add the URL in the Error Message to the Restricted Websites List in QuickBooks
Steps to add the URL in the error message to the restricted websites list in QuickBooks in Internet Explorer browser:
💠 Open QuickBooks and select Internet Connection Setup from the Help tab
💠 Next, select Advanced Connection Settings
💠 Now select Restricted Sites from the Security tab
💠 Click Sites, and then copy and paste the URL that appears in the error message, as seen below: “https://QuickBooks.intuit.com/content/dam/intuit/QuickBooks/sandbox/custPerf/cust-adrum.js“
💠 After that, click Add and then Close
💠 Finally, to save the changes, click OK and Done.
Step 8: Turning off the Script Error Notification within the Browser Settings
Turning off the Script Error Notification within the Browser Settings
If you want to turn off the notifications for the Internet Explorer browser to resolve the script error. Follow the steps to disable the notifications for certain services:
💠 Click the Tool icon in the top-right corner of Internet Explorer
💠 Navigate to the Advanced tab after clicking Internet Options
💠 Remove the checkmark from the option “Display a notification for every script mistake”
💠 Click OK to save the changes.
Step 9: Re-Installation of Internet Explorer
Re-Installation of Internet Explorer
Maybe your script processing application is damaged. And you need to re-install internet explorer 11 on Windows 10 by using these steps:
💠 Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu and navigate to the Add/Remove Program section
💠 Remove the checkbox from Internet Explorer 11 and select Turn Windows features on or off
💠 Return to the Turn Windows features on or off options after restarting your computer
💠 Remove the checkmark from the Internet Explorer 11 option and restart your computer
💠 Run QuickBooks to see whether the script error is fixed.
We have listed some of several other types of script errors in Quickbooks is below:
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 229
- QuickBooks Script Error Line O
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 300
- QuickBooks Script Error Line 67
- QuickBooks 2011 Script Error
- Script Error when Opening QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
- QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
- QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
There can be various QuickBooks script errors, a few of which will be discussed underneath:
#1. QuickBooks Script Error Line 13
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Script Error Line 13?
- This may happen because of different reasons. In each case, the problem will be different. However, it may happen when the account name or the account number used is already present in line 13 is used in the file and is different from the account type.
- Importing a transaction that has an account, which has not been created before the import.
- Importing a bill or an invoice that has an account different from accounts receivable or accounts payable.
Solution of QuickBooks Script Error Line 13?
- When this problem happens you have to open the IIF in Microsoft excel.
- Now find the row number which has been mentioned in the error in this case line 13.
- In the chart of accounts find an account name that is on the same name but is of a different account type.
- Now you have to meet the required changes in Quickbooks or IIF.
- Now save the IIF file and choose yes when you get the message ‘Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?’
- Again, import the file.
- Now, you have to delete the row because of which the error is happening.
- Select the file and choose open with Microsoft excel.
- Now, find the row which is mentioned in the error and delete it.
- Again save the file menu to get the message ‘Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?’
- And then import the file once again.
#2. QuickBooks Script Error Line 229
Possible Cause of QuickBooks Script Error Line 229?
Script errors are caused because of the settings issues in the browser in this case it will be Internet explorer. This is because QuickBooks uses Internet explorer to open websites or web pages.
Solution of QuickBooks Script Error Line 229?
- The problem will remain even if you use another browser such as Mozilla Firefox. This is because Internet explorer is the default browser of Quickbooks and it will use Internet explorer for some applications even when you are running with books on a different browser.
- Sometimes, not using online applications of Quickbooks may save you from errors. But this may not be possible all the time.
- When you face script error line 229 you have to disable script notifications for every script error you receive in Internet explorer 7, 8, or 9.
- You can also turn off the script debugger in Internet explorer 6.
- To do that go to the Internet options available under the tools menu.
- Now choose the advanced tab.
- Now select the Disable script debugging box and then click on OK.
#3. QuickBooks Script Error Line O
Possible Cause of QuickBooks Script Error Line O?
The information displayed on the web page depends on active scripting, ActiveX, and Java. If somehow these have been blocked in your computer you may face issues in knowing the web page. To resolve this you have to change the security settings in Internet explorer.
Solution of QuickBooks Script Error Line O?
- Go to Internet explorer settings and then to the Tools menu.
- Click Internet Options.
- In the Internet options, you will find the security tab.
- Now choose Default Level and click OK
- To check if the problem is resolved open a new web page and see if the error is occurring. If the error is no longer visible the problem is resolved.
#4. QuickBooks Script Error Line 300
Possible Cause of QuickBooks Script Error Line 300?
This problem may also be caused because of the large number of temporary files on your computer. So, you should delete the temporary files as often as you can as these files tend to interfere when you open a webpage.
Solution of QuickBooks Script Error Line 300?
- In the Internet, the explorer goes to the Tools menu and then clicks on Internet options.
- Here you will find the General tab.
- Go to Browsing History and then click on Delete.
- You have to check the items-cookies, history, and temporary Internet files and then click on Delete.
#5. QuickBooks Script Error Line 67
Possible Cause of QuickBooks Script Error Line 67?
This problem has also been attributed to an issue with Internet Explorer.
Solution of QuickBooks Script Error Line 67?
If you are using Internet Explorer 11, you can stop using it. Download Internet Explorer 10 and the problem should be eliminated.
#6. QuickBooks 2011 Script Error
Possible Cause of QuickBooks 2011 Script Error?
Script errors are almost always related to Internet explorer settings problem.
Solution of QuickBooks 2011 Script Error?
The latest service pack of Internet Explorer needs to be used r software upgrades need to be downloaded. Download the upgrades and install as this may have a solution for the problem and your problem can be resolved in no time.
#7. Script Error when Opening QuickBooks
Possible Cause of Script Error when Opening QuickBooks?
The antivirus installed in your computer can also cause problems when it is configured to scan the folders in which the temporary internet files or downloaded program files are stored.
Solution of Script Error when Opening QuickBooks?
In such situations, the antivirus will identify the script as a virus. To resolve this issue refer to the documentation of the antivirus and change the setting so that the temporary internet files and downloaded program files are not scanned.
#8. QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error
Possible Cause of QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error?
Hardware acceleration used by some applications may cause when you open some websites.
Solution of QuickBooks Pro 2014 Script Error?
The hardware acceleration can be turned off to resolve the script errors.
#9. Script Error QuickBooks 2010
Possible Cause of Script Error QuickBooks 2010?
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as the default browser.
Solution of Script Error QuickBooks 2010?
To resolve this problem:
- In Internet Explorer open the Tools Menu and then select Internet options.
- Select the Advanced Tab.
- Now clear the box with the message ‘Display a notification about every script error’ and click OK.
#10. QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error
Possible Cause of QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error?
Script debugger can be the cause of the problem
Solution of QuickBooks Pro 2015 Script Error?
- Disable the Script Debugger
- Go to the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Disable script debugging’ and click OK.
The script errors in QuickBooks are usually caused because of problems related to Internet Explorer. Some other problems like QuickBooks error 6000 can be due to anti-virus, old version of Internet Explorer, disabled java, etc. You have to troubleshoot the problem based on its cause.
What are the different ways to fix the QuickBooks script error time?
1. Disable your plug-ins you are using in your browser
2. Again try to load the web page
3. Check that the page loads on any other device or not
4. Verify by loading other web pages that only this page is having issues or others also
5. Try to change your web browser that can help in fixing the QuickBooks script error time
6. Update your Web Browser that may fix the problem.
How to fix the “QuickBooks script error time” error if I get it while doing the exporting process?
In this situation, you have to clear the cache and the cookies from your browser and for this, the steps are:-
1. Open the Internet Explorer browser
2. Go to the top right side of the browser named Tools
3. Click on the Safety and Security
4. After that, click on the Delete History option
5. Select the check box of Cookies and website data
6. Then click on the Delete button to clear all the cache and cookies to improve its performance
7. It takes a few minutes to delete everything you selected from the browser
8. In the end, close the Internet Explorer and open it again after a few minutes.
How can I verify the Active Scripting to fix the QuickBooks script error time?
1. To verify the Active scripting, open Internet Explorer Browser
2. Go to the Internet Options
3. Further select Tools
4. Then go to the Security Tab
5. Select the default level
6. Then click on the OK button that applies the changes done by you
7. Uninstall the ActiveX file in Internet Explorer and you are done.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support