So, you are looking for changing the password for your QuickBooks email settings. Before we move on to the process of changing the password and other information, it is highly recommended to change your QuickBooks password from time to time to keep all the accounting info safe and secure.
We will try to cover not only password QuickBooks email settings but also info like the change of user id, email, etc. as well. Let us not delay anymore and dive in.
Steps for Changing Password Email Id and User Id in QuickBooks
- First of all, you will have to log in to QuickBooks Online.
- Now you need to click on Profile next to the Gear icon(settings).
- In this step, you need to choose “Manage your intuit account”, this will open the Intuit account Manager.
- Now click on Sign-in & Security menu > choose the User id, Email address, or Password section (whichever information you wish to change).
- Now complete the required changes and click on save.
For recovering QuickBooks User id or Password
You don’t have to do much, just go to the QuickBooks sign-in page and click on “I forgot my user id or password”.
Please bear in mind that once you change the password for your QuickBooks account, it will apply to all the intuit products you are using.
Third-party app passwords
In case, you specifically want to change the password for emailing invoices, which is generally done through a third-party app, you need to follow the below simple steps:
- First of all, sign in and go to the Account security screen.
- Now in this step, you need to scroll down to the “Two-step verification” and “Allows apps that use less secure log-in”. You will have to click “Turn on” against both the features. Refer to the below image for your reference purpose.
- Now you need to follow the on-screen directions to get a one-time random password for emailing your invoices.
The process is a little bit different for different web-mails, we will run through the process for major ones:
- For Gmail, you will have to review your email settings and filter preferences by following the steps for “Enabling access for less secure apps”.
- Now you can also set preference for specific apps, like in this case, QuickBooks.
- At last, you should open the QuickBooks and check the process by sending the test email.
For Hotmail, AOL,
- You need to check your security and filter settings and allow for the QuickBooks app, if not done so already.
- You will have to open the QuickBooks and send yourself a test email.
- This will help in generating the password or fixing the web-mail password issues (if any)
We have tried to include every aspect that you may require for changing different passwords in QuickBooks, but if you still can’t find what you are looking for, then go ahead and give a chat for assistance from our QuickBooks team.