Point of sale or POS software helps in tracking sales, managing payment, managing inventory all in one place, the software application uses a barcode scanner, computer, or even mobile devices to process business transactions. When integrated with QuickBooks, it provides an integrated platform to perform all these services in one place.
For correct installation and configuration of the Point-of-Sale software in QuickBooks, you can take help from the process steps mentioned in the below writeup.
Installation Process Steps for POS Software in QuickBooks
You will have to follow the below steps for installing the Point Of Sale (POS) software application in QuickBooks.
- First of all, you should check whether your system version is compatible with the QuickBooks POS version which you are planning to download, this will help you in avoiding any hassle later on.
- In the next step, you need to download the QuickBooks point of sale (POS) software.
- In this step, you need to open the installation file on your system, and click on “Yes to all” if you get the prompt to overwrite existing files.
- Now, click next on the installation window, and read and accept the terms of the license and click on Next.
- Now you need to choose the type of installation i.e. Only this computer (if there is only a single user), or two or more computers (if there are multiple users).
- In case you choose the option of multiple users then you will have to select the workstation type i.e., server workstation (if the workstation you are using creates and hold company data), or Client workstation (if this workstation is the cash register and helps customers in daily sales and has access to the program).
- After selecting all the relevant information, click on install to begin the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed you will have to restart your system and reopen the QuickBooks to get started.
The Configuration Set Up or Activation of QuickBooks POS
For configuration or activation of the QuickBooks POS application you need to follow the below process steps:
- First of all, you will have to register on QuickBooks Desktop point of sale (POS) software to start opening or creating the company files. You will have to complete the registration process every time you install the QuickBooks POS on a new computer.
- You will have to enter the last 4 – digits of your business phone number and your zip code if you are connected to the internet and an online registration form is displayed on the screen.
- In case you are offline or not connected to the internet while completing the registration process then the QuickBooks POS will ask for a validation code, the phone registration window will appear on the screen, and you just need to follow the on-screen instruction to complete the registration process.
Still in need of some help or coming across some issues while completing the installation or activation process, please use our Live Chat Button on the bottom right.