You can set up and install a laptop for QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned in the below writeup. If you want to use your laptop as the second computer, you and use the migrator tool as well. So, let us just move ahead and know the process steps of installing the QuickBooks.
Prerequisites for Installation
You should make sure of the below points before installing the QuickBooks on your laptop:
- You should ensure that your laptop meets the compatibility criteria i.e., operating system, database server requirement, or browser requirement should be according to the requirement.
- You should keep your product and license number handy.
Installation of QuickBooks on your Laptop
First of all, download the .exe file and follow the on-screen instruction to accept the license agreement and then enter your product and license number and after that click on Next. After that you need to follow the below steps:
First of all, choose Express > Next > then click on Install. The QuickBooks will be installed on your laptop.
Custom and Network Install
This type of installation is recommended when you are installing QuickBooks on another computer i.e., other than the default location, or when you are hosting your company files on a server, or lastly when you are setting up QuickBooks on a multi-user network.
- First of all, click on Custom and Network Options > Next > now choose how you will use the QuickBooks.
- After that click on Change the install location and select Browse after that.
- After clicking on browse, you need to choose the location where you would like to put your QuickBooks folder on your laptop for example Program folder.
- Now click on Next to start the installation process and once the process is finished, you can start using QuickBooks on your laptop.
Activation of QuickBooks on your Laptop
Once you are finished with the QuickBooks installation process, you can now activate the QuickBooks on your laptop, you will have to follow the below easy steps:
- First of all, open the QuickBooks on your laptop and go to the Help menu.
- In the Help menu, you need to click on the “Activate QuickBooks desktop” option.
- Now you just need to follow the on-screen directions to verify your info and your QuickBooks will be activated once the process is finished.
Want to use the laptop as a second computer? then you can also use the migrator tool to install and set up the QuickBooks on the laptop, this is how it will work
On Old System
- You need to first insert the USB drive into your old computer.
- Now you need to copy your QuickBooks data onto the USB drive and set up a one-time password.
On New Laptop
- You need to insert the same USB in your laptop now and enter the earlier created one-time password.
- The QuickBooks will be automatically downloaded and installed on your laptop.
For any assistance feel free to chat with our representative for any kind of troubleshoot.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support