QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting software with anytime anywhere cloud access. While working on your QuickBooks software, you get an option to convert or upgrade your QB Company file.
Here are some points that you should remember when you want to convert or upgrade your QuickBooks Company files:
- QuickBooks company file can be updated by the Admin only.
- You are requested to not upgrade your company files on a network.
- Once, you have converted the company file, you cannot open the file in the older versions of QuickBooks.
- The file upgrade from the Pro or Premier version of QuickBooks to Enterprise, it will not be opened in Premier or Pro.
- The Company files of Enterprise can only be operated on the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise solutions.
- To ensure the smooth functioning of the up gradation of the software; you have an option to verify and rebuild the integrity of your QuickBooks Company file.
Steps to Upgrade or Convert QB Company File
You will have to follow the steps in the sequence to upgrade or convert your QuickBooks Company file.
- Click on your latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the File option from the menu bar and press the Open or Restore Company.
- Go to the Open a Company file option and click on Next.
- Select your data file and press Open
- A dialog box will appear on your computer screen. Read the information in the Update Company File for the New Version
- Now, click on the Update Now
- Create a back up for the file.
- A new dialog box will appear on your screen with the message, you are about to open……….Do you want to continue? Click on Yes
- One your file is updated. Follow the steps below:
- Save the backup file as it can be utilized in future.
- As you have copied the file from a different file, you will have to create a copy of the file in the system from which you have initially copied the files.
- There are chances that you are unable to locate your file then search in the hidden files and folders for the .QBW
- In case, you have also subscribed for the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, then validate your payroll services. Click on the Employees option and press My Payroll Service Now, go to the Account Billing Information.
- Close your application and reboot your system.
Our Assistance channels
The steps below will help you in upgrading you’re your QuickBooks Company file to the new version in your QuickBooks Desktop. In case, you need some technical assistance in carrying out this procedure, then you are requested to connect with BigXperts. You can contact them by calling them on their help desk number +1-800-816-6849 which is open 24*7. You can also chat with the technical expert who sitting online by sending a request for Live Chat by visiting their official page www.bigxperts.com. This option is available on the bottom right of the homepage.