Were you working on Microsoft Excel and suddenly an error notice “Excel Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch” appears on the screen. This is an inconsistent issue that usually occurs when the code is executed in Microsoft Excel.
QuickBooks Runtime Errors 13 Type Mismatch is a kind of software or hardware error that prevents Internet Explorer from working properly. Due to this error code, your process may get terminated every time something goes wrong with the ongoing activities on your excel application. It can also have an adverse effect on XLS/XLSX files. So before this Excel Type Mismatch error damages all your Excel files, immediately fix this issue with the help of this blog. To know more info about the same, have a look at the sections listed below.
- 1 QuickBooks Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch
- 2 About QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
- 3 What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch?
- 4 Steps to Fix The Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
- 5 FAQs
Earning the reputation of one of the most utilized accounting and financial service providing software, QuickBooks has become a household name for every small and medium scale corporation.
QuickBooks Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch
may sometimes trouble the user. Our Accountingerrors help team will guide you through the solution to this error.
About QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
|Error Code:||Error 13||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||It usually appears when files are necessary to run Excel and the aftereffect of this is the inability to utilize files in Excel.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Conflicts inside the System Registry, Virus/malware/spyware in the program||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||Windows operating system got frezon, QuickBook Desktop won’t respond or work.||Possible Solution:||Editing the Registry Key should resolve the issue, Scan process for the virus or malware|
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch?
It’s found that runtime error generally shows up when the Excel file gets corrupted. So first of all, it’s necessary to identify all the reasons that may lead to Excel Runtime Error 13. Here’s the list of some prominent causes;
- If there is a conflict between the software and the operating system.
- This Runtime error can pop up when multiple methods of files are required in order to start a program that uses a Visual Basic environment.
- Due to the virus and malware attack, you may get this error as this damages the windows system files or Excel-related files.
- Bad or disorganized Microsoft Excel Program.
- QuickBooks Runtime Error often arises When there is a mismatch within the software applications that you need to use.
- Either there is an incomplete installation of Microsoft Excel or have gone corrupted.
- Data type discrepancy when you are trying to run a VBA file.
- If you accidentally tap on the function or macro present on the menu which is created by a different Macro.
- When another program is contrary to Microsoft Excel, this will lead to the Runtime Error while opening the VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) excel file.
Steps to Fix The Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
Here are the ways to fix Excel Runtime Error 13:
- Editing the Registry Key should resolve the issue
- Scan process for the virus or malware
- Clean the Registry
- Recover missing Macros
- Update Windows
- Uninstall the Program
It is not rocket science to fix a problem like this, though it needs a little technical expertise. This error occurs mostly because of a bug in the program, a corrupt file, or interrupted installation of the software.
Step 1: Editing the Registry Key
Windows Registry is a database that contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences of the system you are currently running. You can easily get rid of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch if you edit the registry key. Here’s how;
Since this method requires technical tit-bits, we’ll guide you through the process:
- Open your computer and opt for Administrative Rights while starting it.
- Go to the Start menu and select (Or press Windows + R Key)
- Now type Regedit in the given field and press
- The Registry Editor will open up. Now follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intuit\QuickBooks\Security.
- Now, follow click on Edit, then on New and opt for DWORD Value.
- A new registry key in the right pane will appear now, created by the previous action. Now, you’ll need to name it: AllowOMWithUI and hit
- After naming the registry key, you will need to modify it. Right-click on it and opt for
- You will see a dialogue box- Edit DWORD Value. Fill 1 in the Value Data area and hit
- Now shut down the Registry Editor and reboot the computer system.
Step 2: Scan the process for the virus or malware
Virus infection is a severe issue and can be a handful for all windows users. It causes several problems for your system and existing Excel Files. This can be another great reason behind the appearance of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch. In this, the viruses badly damage the core program file of MS office which is really important for the execution of Excel applications. This makes the file unreadable and starts generating the following error message: Visual Basic Runtime error 13 type mismatches in Excel. To avoid these unwanted bugs and errors, you need to remove all virus infections from your system using the reliable anti-virus removal tool.
Steps to Scan process for the virus or malware:
- In the first step before starting scanning check the antivirus is updated.
- Make sure the function is working well.
Step 3: Clean the Registry
If you don’t want to see QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 type mismatch prompt on your screen anymore then below are the steps to eradicate it.
Steps to Clean the Registry:
- Firstly open the registry cleaner.
- After that repair any type of damaged parts of it.
Step 4: Recover missing Macros
Well, this runtime error can also show up due to the missing macros. So all you need to recover the missing macros. To do so, check out the steps inclined below.
Use the steps below to recover missing macros:
- First of all open the new MS Excel file then opens manual calculation mode.
- After that from the tools menu Macro >Security > High option
- Now, if you are using the windows 7 then click on the office >Excel option>Trust center .
- Then click on the Trust Center Settings after that Macros Settings, now choose Disable All Macros without Notification in Macro setting option.
- Click OK twice.
- After that open the corrupted workbook and if the workbook open in the MS Excel then a message appears ‘Macros are Disabled ‘.
- If any case Excel shuts down then this method is not helpful.
- Now you need to press Alt +F11 for opening the Visual Basic Editor( VBE).
- Use Project Explorer(press Ctrl+R keys) and right click on a module and export the file.
- Enter a name and folder for a module repeat these processes many times as per your requirement, to export the entire module.
- Now close the VBE .
- And Exit.
Step 5: Update Windows
You can’t repair QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 type mismatch until you keep your windows up-to-date. Here are some steps that you need to perform on your own;
- At first, press the Start button from the bottom left corner.
- Now, navigate to Settings.
- Choose the Update & Security icon.
- Then, select the Windows Update tab in the left sidebar.
- Finally, hit the Check for Updates tab if there is any update available then it will begin downloading automatically.
Step 6: Uninstall the Program
If the program you are currently using is incompatible with the MS Excel then you are supposed to uninstall it right away otherwise it will impossible for you to resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 type mismatch. Let’s have a look at the steps presented beneath;
To Uninstall the program use the below steps:
- Firstly go to the Task Manager and one by one stop the error-causing programs.
- Click start, then control panel, now select add/remove program in the control panel.
- After that, I enlisted all the installed programs on the system.
- Then select MS Excel and click uninstall to remove it from the system.
Following any of these methods will ensure that the Runtime Error disappears for good. However, if you face any difficulty while performing the operation or need some technical assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks Team. They are a third-party company having a great QuickBooks Helpdesk to resolve your QuickBooks issues on Windows OS.
What is Run Time Error 13 Mismatch?
A VBA (Visual Basics for Application) Type Mismatch Error happens when you attempt to allocate an incentive between two distinctive variable types. The error shows up as “Run-Time Error 13 Mismatch” on your screen. In case, If you attempt to put text in a Long number variable or you attempt to put text in a Date variable, this type of error repeatedly appears.
In how many ways I can fix this error?
You can fix this error in several ways:
💠 Cleaning the vault should resolve the issue.
💠 Running a malware/spyware/infection check helps to fix it.
💠 Installing the Windows OS should help it.
💠 Program update should resolve the issue.
💠 Reinstalling the program is another alternative to get rid of this error.
How would I fix Runtime Error 13 sort mismatch in Excel?
💠 The first thing you have to do to utilize the open and repair Utility.
💠 Then, uninstall the Program. It is discovered some applications and programming cause runtime errors.
💠 Sweep for Virus/Malware.
💠 Recuperate missing macros and you have all resolved it.