Were you working on Microsoft Excel and suddenly an error notice “Excel Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch” appears on the screen. This is an inconsistent issue that usually occurs when the code is executed in Microsoft Excel.
QuickBooks 2022 Runtime Errors 13 Type Mismatch is a kind of software or hardware error that prevents Internet Explorer from working properly. Due to this error code, your process may get terminated every time something goes wrong with the ongoing activities on your excel application. It can also have an adverse effect on XLS/XLSX files. So before this Excel Type Mismatch error damages all your Excel files, immediately fix this issue with the help of this blog. To know more info about the same, have a look at the sections listed below.
Due to a software or hardware error, Internet Explorer cannot function properly. When an error occurs with an activity on your excel application, the Excel Type Mismatch error code can cause your process to be terminated. It can also have a negative impact on XLS/XLSX files, so fix it as soon as possible using this blog before it corrupts all your Excel files. More information about this can be found below.
Ensure that all your data is up to date. Furthermore, if you have made any modifications to your company file or operating system since the last time you used QuickBooks, it may be a good idea to undo those changes and re-import your company file. If nothing of these alternatives solves the problem, it may be worth contacting QuickBooks support about upgrading your program.
QuickBooks error messages are frequently mysterious, but they do not have to be. In this post, we will go through some of the most common QuickBooks problems and suggest remedies to help you get your finances back on track.
Earning the reputation of one of the most utilized accounting and financial service-providing software, QuickBooks has become a household name for every small and medium-scale corporation.
What Is a Runtime Error and How Do I Fix It?
A runtime error occurs when a program is running or when you first try to launch it. The error may go away on its own by simply reopening the app, but if it does not, there are a few things you can try.
- A runtime error can occur for a variety of reasons, depending on the circumstances:
- The software contains a bug.
- Memory or another system resource is scarce.
- You’ve typed a foreign character into a text field or done something else that isn’t permitted.
The error usually displays as a small window, often with an indication of the program that is affected and, on rare occasions, with an error code and message. The prompt may also suggest contacting a support team or an administrator.
What Is Runtime Error 13?
What is the meaning of Run-time error ’13’: Type mismatch? To begin, a run-time error is a type of error that occurs during code execution. It simply causes the subroutine to stop. When you try to run VBA code that contains data types that are not correctly matched, the Run-time Error ’13’ occurs. As a result, the ‘Type Mismatch’ error is described.
Microsoft Excel is a widely used spreadsheet and data management program that many users rely on. Excel is used by a wide range of people, from students to business employees, to create thousands of spreadsheets. Despite its superior functionality, MS Excel can occasionally produce errors. While working on Excel spreadsheets, you may encounter a few critical bugs in addition to a few temporary errors, such as Runtime error 13. It’s a common MS Excel error that people run into when working on Excel VBA projects.
Runtime error 13 is a mismatch error that occurs when you attempt to execute VBA code that contains mismatched data types. However, there are several other causes for the Runtime Error 13. Among these reasons are:
- You unintentionally selected a missing macro or function.
- The Microsoft Excel application is not properly installed.
- The Excel sheet you’re working on is corrupted or contains malware.
You will be unable to access your Excel files once the error has been triggered, as with any other runtime error. This means that unless you troubleshoot the problem, Excel will not allow you to make any changes to the VBA code.
Errors in the Excel application that you use often are unquestionably undesirable. When you discover an error for the first time or in a remote location, the problem becomes more severe. MS Excel XLS and XLSX files can become unreliable or corrupt at times, resulting in a variety of errors such as Microsoft visual basic runtime error 13 type mismatch in Excel. Note: When running Excel VBA projects, the Excel runtime error 13 can occur. This error is triggered by Excel users when there is a datatype mismatch in the VBA code. There could also be other reasons. This blog will go over the possible causes of the error and how to fix them. It also mentions Stellar Repair for Excel if the runtime error 13 occurs because of Excel file corruption.
Runtime Error 13: Type Mismatch in QuickBooks Desktop 2022
may sometimes trouble the user. Our Accountingerrors help team will guide you through the solution to this error.
About QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
|Error Code:||Error 13||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||It usually appears when files are necessary to run Excel and the aftereffect of this is the inability to utilize files in Excel.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Conflicts inside the System Registry, Virus/malware/spyware in the program||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||Windows operating system got frezon, QuickBook Desktop won’t respond or work.||Possible Solution:||Editing the Registry Key should resolve the issue, Scan process for the virus or malware|
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks 2022 Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch?
It’s found that runtime error generally shows up when the Excel file gets corrupted. So first of all, it’s necessary to identify all the reasons that may lead to Excel Runtime Error 13. Here’s the list of some prominent causes;
- If there is a conflict between the software and the operating system.
- This Runtime error can pop up when multiple methods of files are required in order to start a program that uses a Visual Basic environment.
- Due to the virus and malware attack, you may get this error as this damages the windows system files or Excel-related files.
- Bad or disorganized Microsoft Excel Program.
- QuickBooks Runtime Error often arises When there is a mismatch within the software applications that you need to use.
- Either there is an incomplete installation of Microsoft Excel or have gone corrupted.
- Data type discrepancy when you are trying to run a VBA file.
- If you accidentally tap on the function or macro present on the menu which is created by a different Macro.
- When another program is contrary to Microsoft Excel, this will lead to the Runtime Error while opening the VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) Excel file.
Note: Program installation files are missing. If you do not have all of the QuickBooks program installation files installed on your computer, you will most likely receive an error when attempting to open or use QuickBooks.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks 2022 Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch:
- Determine the error message.
- Examine the fields that are creating the problem.
- Check the values in the fields against the values indicated in your QuickBooks document.
- By putting different values into the fields, you can test the data entry procedure.
- Look for typos and other errors.
- If necessary, use assistance tools.
- Resolve any dependencies that may be the source of the issue.
- If necessary, rebuild your QuickBooks file.
- Restart QuickBooks after saving your QuickBooks file.
The following are the most common types of errors and what they mean:
If you encounter any of these difficulties, it’s critical that you troubleshoot and resolve them as quickly as possible. QuickBooks cannot function properly if its data files are faulty or mismatched. QuickBooks Error 13 problems are the most common types of QuickBooks issues. These issues can occur when you try to save, open, or update a QuickBooks file.
- Unsupported File Type: This error occurs when you attempt to open a file that QuickBooks does not recognize. This can occur because of an incorrect file extension or a corrupt file.
- Incorrect File Format: This error occurs when your data’s file format differs from what QuickBooks expects. Changes made to your data files outside of QuickBooks, the use of an incompatible software program to open your data files, or damaged or lost data files can all cause this.
- Type mismatch: This error occurs when data from one of your data files does not match data from another data file. This can occur because of incorrect entries in one of your data files, copying and pasting incomplete or incorrect information, or mistyping an entry in one of your data files.
- Unable to Save: This problem happens when you attempt to save your QuickBooks file but are unable to do so because some needed information is missing. This could be due to a missing file, wrong file permissions, or an inaccurate system date.
Tips for Avoiding Runtime Error 13:
Now that you know how to fix runtime error 13, let’s look at some preventative measures:
- Ensure that you are using the most recent version of the Microsoft Office suite. Runtime Error 13 used to be a common issue with Microsoft Office 2002.
- In case you’re still using the 2002 edition of Microsoft Office on your system, make sure to upgrade to one of the latest versions.
- Install a dedicated antivirus program on your PC to avoid downloading content from malicious websites.
- Virus-infected files are a common cause of Runtime error 13, it will be critical to keep your system malware-free.
Steps to Fix The Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch QuickBooks 2022
Here are the ways to fix Excel Runtime Error 13:
- Editing the Registry Key should resolve the issue
- Scan process for the virus or malware
- Clean the Registry
- Recover missing Macros
- Update Windows
- Uninstall the Program
It is not rocket science to fix a problem like this, though it needs a little technical expertise. This error occurs mostly because of a bug in the program, a corrupt file, or interrupted installation of the software.
Step 1: Editing the Registry Key
Windows Registry is a database that contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences of the system you are currently running. You can easily get rid of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch if you edit the registry key. Here’s how;
Since this method requires technical tit-bits, we’ll guide you through the process:
- Open your computer and opt for Administrative Rights while starting it.
- Go to the Start menu and select (Or press Windows + R Key)
- Now type Regedit in the given field and press
- The Registry Editor will open up. Now follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intuit\QuickBooks\Security.
- Now, follow click on Edit, then on New and opt for DWORD Value.
- A new registry key in the right pane will appear now, created by the previous action. Now, you’ll need to name it: AllowOMWithUI and hit
- After naming the registry key, you will need to modify it. Right-click on it and opt for
- You will see a dialogue box- Edit DWORD Value. Fill 1 in the Value Data area and hit
- Now shut down the Registry Editor and reboot the computer system.
Step 2: Scan the process for the virus or malware
Virus infection is a severe issue and can be a handful for all Windows users. It causes several problems for your system and existing Excel Files. This can be another great reason behind the appearance of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch. In this, the viruses badly damage the core program file of MS office which is really important for the execution of Excel applications. This makes the file unreadable and starts generating the following error message: Visual Basic Runtime error 13 type mismatches in Excel. To avoid these unwanted bugs and errors, you need to remove all virus infections from your system using a reliable anti-virus removal tool.
Steps to Scan process for the virus or malware:
- In the first step before starting scanning check the antivirus is updated.
- Make sure the function is working well.
Step 3: Clean the Registry
If you don’t want to see QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 type mismatch prompt on your screen anymore then below are the steps to eradicate it.
Steps to Clean the Registry:
- Firstly open the registry cleaner.
- After that repair any type of damaged parts of it.
Step 4: Recover missing Macros
Well, this runtime error can also show up due to the missing macros. So all you need to recover the missing macros. To do so, check out the steps inclined below.
Use the steps below to recover missing macros:
- First of all open the new MS Excel file then opens the manual calculation mode.
- After that from the tools menu Macro >Security > High option
- Now, if you are using windows 7 then click on the office >Excel option>Trust center.
- Then click on the Trust Center Settings after that Macros Settings, now choose Disable All Macros without Notification in the Macro setting option.
- Click OK twice.
- After that open the corrupted workbook and if the workbook opens in MS Excel then a message appears ‘Macros are Disabled ‘.
- If any case Excel shuts down then this method is not helpful.
- Now you need to press Alt +F11 for opening the Visual Basic Editor( VBE).
- Use Project Explorer(press Ctrl+R keys) and right-click on a module and export the file.
- Enter a name and folder for a module and repeat these processes many times as per your requirement, to export the entire module.
- Now close the VBE.
- And Exit.
Step 5: Update Windows
You can’t repair QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 type mismatch until you keep your windows up-to-date. Here are some steps that you need to perform on your own;
- First, press the Start button from the bottom left corner.
- Now, navigate to Settings.
- Choose the Update & Security icon.
- Then, select the Windows Update tab in the left sidebar.
- Finally, hit the Check for Updates tab if there is any update available then it will begin downloading automatically.
Step 6: Uninstall the Program
If the program you are currently using is incompatible with MS Excel then you are supposed to uninstall it right away otherwise it will impossible for you to resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 type mismatch. Let’s have a look at the steps presented beneath;
To Uninstall the program use the below steps:
- Firstly go to the Task Manager and one by one stop the error-causing programs.
- Click start, then control panel, now select add/remove program in the control panel.
- After that, I enlisted all the installed programs on the system.
- Then select MS Excel and click uninstall to remove it from the system.
Step 7: Use the Microsoft Excel repair tool:
It is recommended that you use the MS Excel Repair Tool. This has proven to be the best tool for repairing all types of problems, including corruption and errors in Excel workbooks. This tool allows you to easily restore all corrupt Excel files, including charts, worksheet properties, cell comments, and other important data.
This utility is available to anyone who is having issues with the program.
Here’s a little tutorial on how to do it:
- Select the File tab on the Excel taskbar, then left click Open from the list that appears.
- Now, right-click on the necessary file and choose Open -> Open and restore -> Restore (you may also use the Extract data tab).
- If everything goes as planned, runtime error 13 will be resolved.
Step 8: Reinstall Microsoft Excel:
Something is wrong with your Microsoft Excel application. For example, you could have installed it erroneously or experienced a system crash during installation/upgrade, etc.
- It is preferable to reinstall it in this scenario.
- Delete your current version of the program and get the latest version from the official website.
- Install it on your PC using the installation procedure.
Step 9: Using the Open and Repair Utility:
When Microsoft Excel detects a corrupted workbook or worksheet, it automatically enters ‘File Recovery’ mode. This is done to repair the corrupted Excel files. However, Excel does not always provide the ‘File Recovery’ mode automatically. This is the time to use ‘Open and Repair,’ an in-built Excel utility for restoring damaged Excel files.
There is a ‘File Recovery’ mode in Excel. If a corruption problem is found on your worksheet or workbook, it will be automatically triggered. In other circumstances, however, Excel files may not have this ‘File Recovery’ option. At that moment, you will need to use another inbuilt feature of Excel known as ‘Open and Repair’. Using this built-in utility program, you may recover corrupted or damaged Excel files. Use the following method to resolve Microsoft Visual Basic Runtime Error 13 type mismatch in Excel:
- Launch the Excel application.
- Navigate to the File menu and select the Open option.
- Choose the ‘Excel’ file.
- Select ‘Open’ from the dropdown list. Click the ‘Open and Repair’ button.
- To recover the most data, click the ‘Repair’ button. Alternatively, click the ‘Extract Data’ tab to secure values and formulae.
QuickBooks is one of the most widely used accounting software programs, and for good reason. It’s simple to use, efficient, and packed with features, making it an excellent choice for small businesses and entrepreneurs. However, QuickBooks, like any other program, is prone to errors. In this article, we’ll go over some common QuickBooks errors and how to fix them. If you encounter one of these errors while using QuickBooks, be sure to consult our troubleshooting guide.
If you are experiencing errors in QuickBooks, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Check that all your information in QuickBooks is up to date. Check your data for typos and type mismatches. If you face any further issues in resolving the error, feel free to contact our Expert team who is available 24×7 to guide and assist you.
Watch the video to resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch
Following any of these methods will ensure that the Runtime Error disappears for good. However, if you face any difficulty while performing the operation or need some technical assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks Team. They are a third-party company having a great QuickBooks Helpdesk to resolve your QuickBooks issues on Windows OS.
What is Run Time Error 13 Mismatch?
A VBA (Visual Basics for Application) Type Mismatch Error happens when you attempt to allocate an incentive between two distinctive variable types. The error shows up as “Run-Time Error 13 Mismatch” on your screen. In case, If you attempt to put text in a Long number variable or you attempt to put text in a Date variable, this type of error repeatedly appears.
In how many ways I can fix this error?
You can fix this error in several ways:
💠 Cleaning the vault should resolve the issue.
💠 Running a malware/spyware/infection check helps to fix it.
💠 Installing the Windows OS should help it.
💠 Program update should resolve the issue.
💠 Reinstalling the program is another alternative to get rid of this error.
How would I fix Runtime Error 13 sort mismatch in Excel?
💠 The first thing you have to do to utilize the open and repair Utility.
💠 Then, uninstall the Program. It is discovered some applications and programming cause runtime errors.
💠 Sweep for Viruses/Malware.
💠 Recuperate missing macros and you have all resolved it.
What is the procedure for registering a.dll file?
REGSVR32.EXE or REGSVR.EXE should be used to register the *.DLL or *.OCX file.
💠 In Explorer, navigate to the file mentioned in the message and right-click on it.
💠 From the menu, choose Open With.
💠 At the bottom of the Open With window, click the Other button.
💠 Navigate to the local drive (usually C:) and select REGSVR32.EXE in WINNTSYSTEM32 or REGSVR.EXE in WINDOWSSYSTEM.
💠 Select Open.
💠 Press the OK button. If the file was successfully registered, a message will be displayed.
What is a type mismatch error in Excel?
VBA Type Mismatch Error in Excel is a type of “Run Time Error,” and it is the 13th error in this category. To begin learning VBA and for beginners, it is difficult to find the errors thrown by VBA codes. Remember that VBA is not throwing an error. Rather, it is simply highlighting our errors when writing code. Variables are typically declared.
In VBA, what is error code 13?
VBA Type Mismatch results in the “Run Time Error” message with error code 13. To avoid such errors, it is best to assign variables correctly, using the appropriate data types and objects. We also need to understand each data type and the types of values it can hold.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support