QuickBooks has an auto-save function designed for every minute. Additionally, users are also empowered to take a backup of all the QuickBooks files on a daily basis.
In this article, we will discuss the ways to restore the misplaced or deleted data files of QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks, there is an option called Automatic Data Recovery (ADR). With the help of this option, you can recover the lost file in the following two ways:
- Create your lost transactions again with your present ‘Transaction Log File’ along with a copy of the Company file.
- Create the last few hours of the transactions again along with the Company file copy plus the Transaction log file.
What is the reason for losing QuickBooks files?
Losing a QuickBooks file can be of great disadvantage for a company. From important records to crucial details, anything can go missing when certain QuickBooks files get deleted or misplaced.
Here are the occasions when your valuable QuickBooks files get deleted or misplaced from a computer.
- While upgrading your company files into the advanced version of the QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Interruptions or errors that occur while running several programs
- Irregular power shortage or crashing of a system when work on the updated version of QuickBooks files is on
- Unexpected deletion of files
- Unexpected problem while upgrading QuickBooks software
- Absence of numerous company files on a drive
- Corrupted QuickBooks database files
How to recover QuickBooks database files?
Here are the steps to recover QuickBooks files once they are deleted or misplaced.
- Ensure to scan the hard drive from where the QuickBooks files need to be deleted.
- Initiate the Quick Scan and then conduct a Deep scan to look for the removed files of QuickBooks
- Select your QuickBooks files into software that you found for yourself
- Select Restore Heading and then click it.
Note: End-users are required to download the QuickBooks recovery tool to get back all the data files that were deleted.
Restoring QuickBooks Lost files is not that tricky. All you need to do is to adhere to the above rules and even if you have multiple company files on your hard drive. In case you have lost any valuable QuickBooks file like backup file, company file accounts copy, etc. the QuickBooks Auto Recovery feature is the best bet for you, irrespective of whether you are a Pro or a Premium user.
Recovering lost QuickBooks file is imperative if you wish to set the growth trajectory of your organization. That is why it is highly recommended that you follow the above steps ardently and get yourself out of this complex situation.
For any type of assistance chat with us. We will make the difference you seek.