Making regular backups of your QuickBooks company files is more than just a necessity these days. Keeping backups ensures that you have the latest copy or your most crucial accounting records, in case of a data loss. With the help of QuickBooks, set the reminder frequency for backups, format every floppy disk during backup, authenticate the integrity of data, and schedule the backups at regular set intervals.
At the end of a month, back up your data file that has been kept off-site. Until the end of the year, save the backups every month to regulate crucial information.
Why do you need to save a QuickBooks file?
The most frequent reason why businesses need to shift the critical files is due to facts like customer brought new computer or they wish to share data. QuickBooks enables you to set up a backup file where you can save a USB drive on your company network. Once the file arrives at the destination location, it can be restored anytime.
By backing up the data file, you can:
- Reuse data as and when required
- Save crucial data for business
- Saves time and improves operational efficiency
- Reduces business downtime
- Security against data failure
How to save a QuickBooks file?
To save a QuickBooks account, you can do it either manually or automatically.
Company data backup: Manual
- Go to the File menu and select backup.
- Select the Backup Company file, tab.
- Select the Browse button to alter the name of the file and point out the backup location.
- Select Save
- Choose other items in the Backup option area.
- Select OK.
Company data backup: Automatic
- In the File menu, select BackUp
- Select the tab that says Schedule a Backup
- Select the box that says Automatically Back up When Closing Data File
- Add the right backup frequency
- Make the right selection in the QuickBooks Backup windows
- Select OK
Losing valuable business data can prove to be fatal for an enterprise. That is why it is imperative that you store a backup of your company file on an alternate computer. This must be made a mandatory habit for business owners in order to prevent the ordeal which is obvious in case of any data loss.
In case you face any trouble related to saving a QuickBooks file, hire the services of a professional who is certified to do the task with convenience, accuracy, and precision. We will be more than happy to help you to save a QuickBooks file.