The Pervasive Service is used to perform database functions. Whenever you perform some changes to the engine configuration, you will need to stop or start the database engine to achieve the changes made. In some situations, when experiencing Sage 50 issues or errors while restoring backup, restarting the pervasive service may resolve the problem.
In this article, we shall discuss how to stop or start the Pervasive service effectively to resolve issues and certain precautions that should be taken while performing the tasks. So, sit back, relax and go through the article.
Effectively stop or start the Pervasive service
Prior to performing the task, you should have all workstations exit the currently running programs. Pervasive Engine is common database software used by various software products. Most companies make use of this engine to perform company database tasks. The Pervasive Engine runs on all workstations including even the server in case you are using it.
Another method of restarting the Pervasive service is to just reboot the servers and workstations. If this is not the right option for you and not comfortable in doing so, don’t worry, we are providing another alternative below. You can follow the subsequent instructions to stop or start the Pervasive service in your system.
Option I: Stop or start Pervasive Service from Task Manager
- First, ensure your software application is closed on all the computers.
- Right click your mouse on any blank spot on the task bar and select the Task Manager from the option or press together the Cntrl + Alt + Delete keys on the keyboard to open the task manager.
- Browse through the Details tab and search for exe (on Windows 7 go through processes tab)
- When found, select it and then hit on end task option at the bottom to end the process.
- Now, browse through the Services tab again, sort by name, and search for psqlWGE.
- When found, right click on it and click on Start.
Solution II: Stop and start Pervasive service using the command prompt
- Press together on the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type in cmd then click on OK
Note: If the User Account Control has been enabled, you have to elevate rights by right-clicking on the Command Prompt in Start Menu > Run as administrator.
- Enter sc stop psqlwge then hit on Enter
- Enter sc start psqlwge then hit on Enter
- Close down the command prompt
Bigxperts Technical Support Team
We hope the above information has been useful to you. If you have any query about Pervasive service, feel free to give us a call on our Bigxperts technical help number +1-800-816-6849 or share your query at email@example.com. Our team of experts is available 24/7 to offer quick resolutions to you. Apart from providing technical information, we also offer assistance in resolving technical issues or errors.
You can also chat with us live via the Live Chat Support link available on our Website.