Chart of Accounts is an exception tool in the QuickBooks accounting software that provides you with the complete and detailed listing for each and every account linked to your accounting system. Your account is considered to be a unique record for all kinds of asset, revenue, liability, expense and equity. Once you have created a Chart of Accounts in your QuickBooks, your bookkeeping becomes extremely easy and simple. When you are creating a new QuickBooks Company file, you don’t have to create a new Chart of accounts. You can easily export a Chart of Accounts and modify it using Microsoft Excel, then import it into a different file for the further use.
You can easily transfer the Chart of Accounts but before that you will have to create a backup for your files. These data is exported and then you will have to import the IIF files for the further processing.
Transferring the Chart of Accounts:
Here are some you should follow in order to transfer the Chart of Accounts for a new QuickBooks Company file.
- Reboot your computer system.
- You will have to log in to the data file as Administrator so that you access it completely.
- Change your preference to the single user mode (SU).
- Go to the menu bar and click on the File
- Click on the Utilities.
- Go to the sub menu and click on the Export
- Click on the Lists to IIF Files
- Select all the files/items from the list you want to export.
- Press OK.
- From the Save in window, go to the desired location where you want to save the IIF file.
- From the File name field:
- Delete the asterisk sign i.e. (*) as the Windows do not save the files with asterisks symbol.
- In the file name add the extension .IIF.
- Press the Save
- A new dialog box will appear on your screen, press OK option on it.
- Repeat the process from the 2 step to export the required files.
- Right-click on all the exported files and click on the Open With
- Click on the Microsoft Office Excel
- You will see a wizard on your computer screen which will ask your permission to concert the text files. Press the Next > Next > Finish option.
How to Set up Chart and transfer Accounts in QuickBooks
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support