If you need to make some changes in the paycheck like creating a duplicate paycheck, void a Payroll Check, correcting wrong information, correcting gross or net pay, or correcting incorrect work locations. You have two options to make changes:
- Deleting the paycheck
- Void the paycheck
When should you delete and when should you void the paycheck?
- Deleting the Paycheck: If the paycheck hasn’t been processed yet, then you can delete the paycheck, it will remove the transaction from payroll.
- Voiding the Paycheck: This option on the other hand would not stop direct deposit from processing, and it will not refund the funds to you as well. It will update your paycheck records and update the amount to zero.
Process steps to void the payroll check in QuickBooks
- Go ahead and select the Employees menu > choose Edit/Void paychecks.
- Now change the show paycheck to/from date to find out the paychecks you wish to void. Once you get the checks on your screen, press ‘tab’ to proceed.
- Now click on the check-in question and choose Void, enter Yes in the popup box, and choose Void again.
- Now click on the tick-mark box to agree with the terms and conditions for voiding the paychecks. The process will need to be repeated for all the checks you wish to void.
Now when we are well versed with the process steps to unvoid the paycheck, we can move ahead to the frequently asked questions by the users, so that we can have further clarity on remaining doubts or questions in mind.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support