One of the most well-known technology firms, HP is well-known for its high-end and mid-range products. Laptops, flash drives, hard drives, and printers make up most of the HP’s product line. Given its reputation as a highly technical company, HP is best known for its affordable printers.
Additionally, it is greatly preferred by both professionals and students due to its low production costs and print prices. It also cannot be disputed, however, that it occasionally experiences errors.
Since HP printers are comparable to other brands, most users frequently encounter the error message “HP printer prints only in black and white.”
The current printer driver for this printer installed on your PC is the primary cause of the printer not printing in colour.
The driver that is currently installed might not be compatible with the current printer or it might not support the current operating system.
Why only print in black and white on your HP printer?
There are several explanations for why HP printers only print in black and white. Some of the causes are as follows:
- An HP printer will always print in black and white when printing is set to the default setting. Therefore, the user must first check the printing configuration of the HP printer before performing any troubleshooting steps to fix this problem.
- If everything is set up properly, the printer’s ink cartridge, out-of-date drivers, and printing software may still be to blame for this problem.
- In addition to printing problems, hardware malfunctions are typically to blame for this error. However, all those issues can be quickly fixed with a reset or reboot.
How to Fix HP Printer Only Prints Black and White?
Well, when an HP printer only prints in black and white, there are many significant issues. As a result, we have listed every solution to the problem in this article, all of which are simple enough for anyone to implement. So, in this article, we’ve included a few of the techniques.
Solution 1: To fix HP Printer Prints Only Black and White, Check the Colour Cartridges
Users may occasionally select the incorrect colour cartridge by mistake for their HP colour printer, which leads to problems. Because of this, it is strongly advised that you always check the ink cartridge before you buy it.
Most often, it is observed that the colour is always mentioned on the box’s cover. So, to avoid this problem, you need to check this thing.
To check the colour cartridges, adhere to the instructions below:
- Open the Start menu, then type “devices and printers” into the search bar.
- At this point, you must choose devices and printers in the search field.
- Select the printer you want to check, and at the bottom of the devices and printers section, you will see the ink levels.
Solution 2: Check Your Print Settings: In some instances, the HP printer’s black-and-white printing issue has been attributed to an incorrect print setting. However, it can be quickly fixed if you follow these easy steps
Discover the steps listed below to resolve this problem:
- To begin, go to the file menu in the program you are printing from.
- To open the print dialog box, you must now click the print option.
- Double-click the printer’s name in the dialog box here.
- If nothing happens, you will need to scroll down to the name section and change the name of your HP printer.
- After it has been confirmed, you must click the Properties option and then the Properties dialog box.
- You should double-check every incorrect setting in this properties dialog box, especially the colour option.
Solution 3: Install the most recent print drivers
Perform the following steps to install the most recent print drivers:
- The first step in downloading the most recent drivers for HP printers is to go to the company’s official website and select the driver section.
- After you’re finished, type the printer’s model number and select the subsequent option.
- Choose your most recent OS version at this point.
- You can find all the drivers for your HP printer on the driver page by clicking this.
- At this point, you’ll see that all the links to compatible drivers are in front of you. Simply clicking on those links will begin the download and clicking on the files will begin the installation.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer to look for any issues.
Solution 4: Check the Ink Level: If your HP colour printer is printing in black and white instead of colour, the ink cartridge may be to blame. Since this typically means that the ink cartridge is running low, you should replace it
Follow the instructions below:
- To begin, launch the tool, then select Printer/ supply levels.
- By doing it, the estimated ink and toner levels will rise.
Solution 5: Check the Advanced Print Settings: Review the steps below to check the Advanced Print settings
- To begin, select the “Advanced tab.”
- Next, choose your printout’s paper and quality options.
- Next, choose Portrait as your document or photo’s orientation.
- Pick one of the available advanced print features.
- Now, right-click on the relevant printer icon.
- Next, choose “Printing Preferences.”
- Modify the print settings, then click OK.
- 6: At last, you are prepared to print.
- Choose one of the colour management options that are available or turn off colour management in step five.
Solution 6: Set Preferences
The steps to set the preferences are as follows:
- Start by typing “Devices” into the main search bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, pick Devices and Printers from the list of results. select “devices and printers”
- Now, right-click on the relevant printer icon.
- To fix, choose “Printing Preferences” and then click on it. Printer Only Prints in Black and White
- Modify the print settings and then click “Ok.”
- At last, you are prepared to print.
Solution 7: Try Printing in a Different Software Program
If all else fails, try this approach instead. In this case, all you must do is experiment with various printing programs to identify the root of the problem and then fix it.
The actions listed below must be taken in order to test this method:
- Open the new printing program first.
- You can now test the new printing software by printing a dummy file.
- If it does, though, that means your old printer software has been corrupted and you need to download it again.
Click Printing preferences on the Windows Manage your device screen. To select colour, select the Colour tab on the Printing Preferences screen of the HP printer.
You may choose between the following under Colour Options:
- To print in colour, select the Automatic radio button.
- For black-and-white printing, select the Print in Grayscale checkbox.
- To save, press OK.
To fix HP Printer prints in black and white, we have defined all potential solutions in this article. You can experiment with these approaches to determine which one will help you resolve this problem.
You can get assistance from our knowledgeable technicians, though, if that doesn’t work. Through chat, you can get in touch with us, and we promise to provide you with hassle-free solutions within a set time frame. We are always here for you if you have any questions and will assist you in any way we can. Therefore, seek our help today to solve the issue.
How do you fix an HP printer that won’t print in colour?
To fix the HP printer that won’t print in colour, follow these instructions:
+ To remove the colour printer cartridge, first open the front cover of the printer and inspect the cartridge.
+ You should now put in a brand-new colour cartridge and try printing once more.
+ The printer print heads need to be cleaned next.
+ On your computer’s desktop, activate the colour option before clicking Start.
How do you change the colour of the printer?
+ Click the Start button first.
+ The next step is to choose Devices and Printers.
+ Select “Right-Click” on your printer.
+ Choose Printing Preferences.
+ Select the Colour tab now.
+ After that, click Print.
+ Press “Apply.”
How can color issues on your HP printer be fixed?
+ To start, choose Print from the software’s menu.
+ Next, you must choose the product and then click the button marked “Properties” or “Preferences.”
+ After that, select the Paper/Quality tab.
+ Choose Black and White from the colour section of this page.
+ Next, click OK to close the dialog box for the document properties.
How can problems printing in black ink be fixed?
+ Start by turning off your printer, removing the plug from the power supply, and separating any USB cables.
+ At this point, print a test page or a Quality Diagnostic report.
+ Usually, your printer’s display screen has this option.
+ Next, check the ink levels in your printer, and then double-click to check the amount of ink in each of your cartridges.
How can the HP printer’s default settings be changed?
+ Start by typing “Devices” into the main search bar located in the lower-left corner of your screen.
+ From the list of results, pick Devices and Printers.
+ Next, perform right-click on the relevant printer icon.
+ Choose your printing preferences.
+ You must now modify the print settings before clicking the “Ok” button.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support