Handling huge volumes of transactions has been made easy with QuickBooks POS that is equipped with all possible tools and features that offer advanced operations in less time. The software is useful enough for businessmen who deal with the sale of goods and products.
Hence, it is included in all the systems that organizations use. However, sometimes organizations may switch from an old computer to a new one. In such a situation, users are confused if they will lose QB POS data and software.
The reader must check, how can easily do Quickbooks Old to New Computer Transfer without loss any data.
The answer is no. QuickBooks offers a feature of moving your QB POS to a new computer. However, you are expected to follow a proper process to do so. To know more about it, you can connect with MyOnePro. The representatives there will help you understand the same. Also user can connect QuickBooks POS Support team, in case they having issues with the POS license before moving.
Transfer QuickBooks POS to a New Computer?
Follow the steps mentioned below for successful transfer of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Software from old computer to new PC, Laptop or location with complete data, user and license transfer.
Step 1: Create a data file backup
This is the first thing to be done before proceeding to move the software to a new computer. If you regularly take a backup of files, make sure it is done on a daily basis. The proper procedure for the creation of data file backup has been listed below:
- Go to File menu
- Choose the Back up Data option
- Choose Back up to the alternate location
- Click Browse
- It is recommended to save it on the Desktop
- Type a name for the backup file
- Click Open or Save
- Copy the file from the Desktop and paste it to a removable device
Step 2: Uninstall, Reinstall, and Update software
- Ensure QB POS is closed on all workstations
- Uninstall the software on the old server system
- Install the QB POS on the new computer as a Server workstation here
- Make sure to upgrade the software to the latest version
Step 3: Synchronize license data online
- Open the new server for QB POS
- Go to Help menu
- Choose Manage My License
- Click Sync License Data Online
- Click OK
Step 4: Restore files
- Insert the removable media you copied the QB POS from the old computer on
- Go to File menu
- Choose Restore Backup File
- Choose Restore from alternate location
- Browse to the location of the backup
- Click OK
Also Read: QuickBooks POS Database Server Not Found
Support To Migrate QB POS To New Computer
If you have difficulty following the steps mentioned above or have questions or doubts relating to QuickBooks, a 24/7 Support team of experts are always there to help. They are available 24/7. Hence, you can be assured of getting expert assistance in case you face any difficulty while handling the software.
You can provide a brief about your problem and they will instantly help you. If needed, the experts also share screens with you and provide you the demo about how to tackle an issue. This makes the whole process hassle-free for you. The only thing you need to do is dial toll free number +1-516-494-3146 as and when you need their help also user can opt QuickBooks Live Chat Help for the same .
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support