A newly released latest version- QuickBooks 2020 Desktop comes with some essential features for the QuickBooks users. It includes an improved payroll process along with QuickBooks 2020 desktop easy payroll setup.
Features of the QuickBooks 2020 desktop Payroll
- Add customer Po in your email subject- QuickBooks 2020 desktop has alternate features with an additional PO field in the subject line of emails. Now the QuickBooks users add a purchase order of the customers in their subject line via modifying the email templates for the customer invoices.
- Automatically send a customer payment reminder- Here, you can align the payment process by setting payment reminders for customers. You just have to create mailing lists and add those customers to the lists in the manage mailing list option in the customers’ drop-down menu.
- Payroll status for direct deposit- With the new payroll features; the employers can see and view the status of the payroll of the employees that are paid through direct deposit.
- Alternate vendors- QuickBooks also have a centralized portal called the vendor center where you can easily access the vendor information. It is just created by adding a new item table to the vendor center which contains all the items related to a specific vendor.
- Can easily search company files- You can easily search for any company file with the help of the “company file button” in the no company open window. The company files automatically stored on your network drives, local storages or removable devices such as USB.
You May Also Read: QuickBooks 2020 Desktop Display Issues
Easy steps to set-up the QuickBooks 2020 desktop payroll
Employer payroll set-up
Make sure you must logged-in to your created account to use this feature in QuickBooks 2020 desktop easy payroll set-up. Here are some steps that employers should follow during set-up:
- Initially, employers must choose the express setup option to have the new ‘employee self setup’ option which is available on the screen. In case, if you choose the option for detailed setup neither you nor your employees will have access to the new ‘employee self setup’ option.
- Employers need to complete all relevant information that is needed on the basic employee details screen for the employee.
- Check the invite in the checkbox after completing the personal details of the particular employee and then click on continue to proceed further.
- Now on the next screen go to employee’s pay details such as wages, pay frequency, vacation, and sick accruals and more payroll information and then again click continue to proceed next.
- At last, review all the filled information that you have entered and then click finish.
Another new feature is employee self-set-up that saves both you and your employer’s time. It is also an easy way that starts with the email that employee receives from the employer inviting them to enter their payroll details and adjust their payroll preferences. To do so, employees need to follow these steps for self-set-up:
- Accept the invitation to the email. If you are not able to find then let your employer know that you did not receive the invitation. It might be possible they have entered the wrong Email address for you.
- Once you receive Email, open it and then complete the setup after the sign-in after entering your User ID and Password.
- To do the further process, you need to add all the personal payroll-related information such as personal details, federal-state withholding information and your bank account details if your Employer requires you to be paid by Direct Deposit.
- Once you complete all relevant information, reviewed it properly and then click to submit button to send the details to your employer.
You can see QuickBooks 2020 desktop easy payroll setup that can be done easily with these enhanced steps. The features help in the other enhancements in Desktop versions such as Smart Help, Easy QuickBooks Version Upgrade, and Easy Payroll Setup with Employee Self-setup. To get more information, you can contact QuickBooks customer support phone number 📞+1-800-816-6849 with our technical support.