Update errors in the QuickBooks Desktop version can be encountered at any point in time especially while Downloading the QuickBooks 2018 upgraded version of the software from Intuit or installing update patches rolled out by the company. There are times when the user faces issues in upgrading their software with all the updates and hence put a stop to patches to fix the bugs felt with the older version as the new features do not get installed.
QuickBooks releases new updates throughout the year under the guise of small patches containing security tools and enhanced versions of the features. It makes sure that the bugs faced by the user are resolved. In this case, the user might face trouble in downloading the updates which necessarily might not be the fault of the software.
Main Cause for QuickBooks Desktop 2018 Update Errors
- Unstable Network Connectivity.
- Restrictive Settings Of Internet Security software or Personal Firewall.
- Multiple setups of QuickBooks hosting on the same computer.
Resolve QuickBooks Desktop 2018 Update Errors
Intuit has brought out a different set of resolutions pertaining to each and every cause. This solution will help the user to solve the problems related QuickBooks software 2018 version. The below-mentioned resolution is related to only network connectivity issues faced with QuickBooks.
General Network Connectivity Issues
An unstable internet connection causes most types of update problems. For solving this kind of issue before updating the QuickBooks 2018 version, users must ensure the stability of their network connection signal. If the signal is weak, it is recommended to go forward with the update process as it may cause updating errors in the QuickBooks Desktop 2018 applications.
Solution 1: First ensure the system date and time of the computer system are correct:
- Right-click the mouse button on the clock in the bottom right corner on the computer system and select Adjust Date/Time option.
- Next, select the Change date and time option.
- Select the present day’s date and time.
- Double click on the OK tab.
- Close QuickBooks 2018 software and reopen it.
- Now lastly update QuickBooks 2018 Desktop software
Solution 2: Ensure Stability of the Network Connection Settings.
- User needs to test their Internet Connection Security by opening a Web browser and going to Chase Banking page or something similar. For this follow the steps below:
- If the user is unable to open the Chase banking page, it denotes that updates from QuickBooks cannot be delivered to the user securely and properly. In such a scenario, users need to connect with their ISP (Internet Service Provider) for the resolution of the error.
- Although if the web page is opened then they need to start the QuickBooks software and continue with the next set of steps.
- Go to the Help tab followed by Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the option called ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings in order to lay a connection between the software and network for future access to the Internet. Now click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- Click on ‘Advanced Connection Settings’ followed by selecting the ‘Advanced’ tab from the menu.
- Click on the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ tab.
- Now select the ‘OK’ button and then on Done.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop 2018 software
Our Assistant Channel
These steps should resolve the error of update with the QuickBooks 2018 version. However, if the error still persists then connect with the QuickBooks expert team set up by Intuit dealing with especially update errors. Alternatively, aggrieved customers can also connect with alternative agencies like Bigxperts.com or call on the Toll-Free Number – +1-800-816-6849.