To always have the latest features and fixes, you need to regularly update your software. You can easily QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Update either automatically or manually. If your Automatic Update is turned on then it automatically sent you an update for the new releases.
When QuickBooks find that there is a new release then it automatically downloads and installs the latest updates. Or if you wish to do updates by yourself via manual process then look for the updates at least once a month.
QuickBooks regularly updates its software by adding some new awesome features and QuickBooks Desktop 2021 update is the most recent released version. If you’re looking for the update process then go through this guide until the end as it discloses both automatic and manual updates method.
2 different ways for QuickBooks Desktop 2021 update
Updating to a new released usually involves minor changes but it doesn’t require you to update your company files. Check out here the two different ways to update your software:
Check to see if you’ve any latest release
- Initially, launch your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, open the window product information by pressing the F2 key from your console
- and then look for the recent release and version
Look if you have the latest release available for your version:
Method 1: Automatic updates
Set up automatic updates
- Initially, go to the “Help” menu and choose the “Updates QuickBooks Desktop”
- Next, move to the “Update Now” tab
- now, hit the “Get Updates” option in order to start the update download
- Once the download complete then restart your QuickBooks
- You have to accept the option for the installation of the new release when prompted.
Schedule future automatic updates
You can also schedule the download update for later if you don’t wish to download it now.
- The very first, go to the “Help” menu
- Choose the option “Update QuickBooks Desktop”
- Next, move to the Options tab
- Now, hit the “Yes” button to turn on the automatic updates
- And finally, hit the “Close” button.
So, the above are the steps for automatically download updates when they’re released.
Method 2: Manual updates
- Firstly, you need to download the latest updates:
- Next, go to the Windows Start menu
- Now, look for the QuickBooks Desktop
- After that, make a right-click on the QB icon
- Pick “Run as an Administrator” option
- In the No Company Open window, go to the Help tab
- Choose the option for “Update QuickBooks Desktop”
- Now, pick “Mark All” option within the Options tab
- Afterward, hit Save to proceed further
- Move to the “Update Now” option
- Then select the checkbox named “Reset Update”
- Once verify everything is correctly done then press the “Get Updates” option
- When the update completes then close and try to open QuickBooks Desktop again
- To install updates, you have to select the “Yes” button
- Finally, restart your system once the installation successfully completes.
Alternative method: Get updates from the Internet
You can also download specific updates directly from Intuit official website
- Go to the Download & Updates page
- Using the drop-down menu, choose your company from the Select Country
- Using the drop-down menu, choose your product from the Select Product
- With the help of a drop-down menu, choose the most recent version (year) from the select version option
- Select “Search” and then hit the “Get updates” button
- Save your downloaded file somewhere you can easily able to find it
- Now, open the downloaded file and install the update with help of instruction that appears on the update wizards
- Once the installation is successfully done then restarts your system.
Hopefully, the above-provided information helpful for you in the process of the QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Update. You can also access the install file on your computer from a separate computer to manually install updates through your network. Or, just copy it to your flash drive and move it to other devices.