Make your QuickBooks more efficient and easier by upgrading it to the most recent QuickBooks Desktop 2021. With the upgrade of your older to a newer version of QuickBooks Desktop, you can get access to newly added features and functionalities.
It allows you to organize your business finances all in one place so you can be more productive. With QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade;
organize all of your business finances in one convenient place and save time on everyday tasks by quickly creating invoices, manage customers, track income and expenses, and more. This article provides you complete guidance on the upgrade process of QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
Step by step instructions for the upgrade to the latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021 version
If you’re upgrading your QuickBooks to a newer version 2021, you’ll also require upgrading your company file so that you can keep using them. You only need to upgrade your company file once then you’re all set to use them in the newer version. Let’s start exploring its steps one by one:
Step1: Install QuickBooks
- Initially, you need to sign in as an Admin user to your Windows
- Next, download the new latest version of QuickBooks Desktop from Intuit official website
- Now, perform the install instruction that appears on your install wizards.
Once your QuickBooks is successfully installed then you need to upgrade your company file as well. So to do that, you need to prepare your company file. Here’s how:
Step2: Preparation your company files
- The very first, open your original QuickBooks version
- Next, open the desired company files that you wish to upgrade
- Now, open the information window of the product by pressing the F2 button from your keyboard
- Search for the section named “File Information”
- Make a note of the location where you’ve saved your company file
- After that, download and run the Rebuild Tool for your QuickBooks company file (This prepares it for the upgrade).
Step 3: Upgrade your company file
Now, when you first open the company file in your newer edition, QuickBooks asks you to upgrade your company file. Bear in mind, after you update it, you won’t be able to access your company file in your original QuickBooks version.
- Firstly, ensure that no one users are logged in to your company file
- This means all users must log out from your company file
- Next, open new QuickBooks Desktop version
- Now, choose the Open or Restore Company if you don’t have a company file open
- After that, move to the “File” menu and then select the Open or Restore Company option
- Choose the option named “Open a company file” and then hit “Next”
- In case, if you’ve QBB (QuickBooks backup company file) instead of the QBW (company file)
- Then choose the Restore a backup copy >> Local backup
- Browse the computer for your company file
- Make a note of the location of the file in step 1
- Select the same and choose the open option
- Now, sign in to your company file as an Admin user
- QuickBooks creates a backup of your existing company file automatically before you upgrade
- Choose the option labeled “Change this default location” to save your backup in a specific folder
- After that, hit “Upgrade Now” to begin the upgrade process of the company file
- Hit the “Done” button once the QuickBooks Company file upgrade is completed.
In your latest version of QuickBooks Desktop, you can now open your current company file. You can now pass them back if you hold your company files on a server.
The above-discussed is the detailed instruction on QuickBooks Desktop 2021 upgrade. So, it is required to upgrade your old QuickBooks Desktop 2020,QuickBooks 2019,QuickBooks 2018 to get access to all new advanced automatic features that make your tasks much ease and save a lot of time to boost your productivity.