QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting solutions by the small and medium industries. When you are opening your QuickBooks Desktop or opening any QuickBooks Company files, there are occasions when your software or files do not open, or partially opens up on your computer screen. There are several issues that are responsible for this QuickBooks error that prevents your software from opening.
Solutions for some Unexpected Results
The solutions below will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Desktop issue.
Solution I: End the QBW32.exe process
There are occasions when you are running the QuickBooks application and it freezes momentarily. This problem will be solved it you close the program and re-open it.
- Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on the Start Task manager option.
- Press the Process tab and press the Name header to set the process in alphabetical order.
- Browse for the QBW32.EXE and press the End process option.
Solution II: QuickBooks Desktop application is to be suppressed
If your Company file is damaged then you will have to ensure that your QuickBooks application is not corrupt. You can check this by opening older company file. It is necessary to isolate the program if your QuickBooks application is working.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks application icon from the desktop.
- Press Ctrl key from the keyboard and hold it for some time.
- Click open.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Company file.
Solution III: Reboot your system
- Close your QuickBooks
- Reboot your computer.
- Re-open your QuickBooks software.
Solution IV: Run the QBInstall Tool
- Browse for the QBInstall tool online.
- Click on the download link and save the file in the local desktop.
- End all the QuickBooks programs and run the QBInstall tool.
- Ensure that you have good speed internet connection.
- End all the programs that are running in your system.
- Reboot your system.
Solution V: Repair your Installation files for QuickBooks Desktop
You will have to run the repair program for the QuickBooks installation file. It will replace all the damaged installation files for your QuickBooks Desktop. Reboot your system.
Solution VI: Perform Clean Installation
- You will have to now un-install and re-install the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Reboot your system and then log in to the system as the Administrator.
Note: The clean installation is a procedure when you uninstall the program and then reinstall it in the same location where the folders were saved previously. This process repairs the damaged files and it does not delete the Company files for QuickBooks.