Quickbooks desktop freezes after update / QuickBooks Desktop version stopped working after updation / QuickBooks Becomes unresponsive after Update is Done / QuickBooks Desktop stopped working after the update is done
Intuit provides regular updates and bug fixes to ensure that you have the best possible experience with the QuickBooks product. Despite these updates, you may still encounter issues from time to time. “QuickBooks Desktop not responding” is the most common issue. This issue can be caused by a variety of circumstances, which makes it difficult to correct.
However, it usually happens after updates when users try to open their QB software. In this article, we’ll go through all of the possible reasons, symptoms, and solutions for the QuickBooks Desktop not responding after the update.
- 1 Quickbooks desktop freezes after update / QuickBooks Desktop version stopped working after updation / QuickBooks Becomes unresponsive after Update is Done / QuickBooks Desktop stopped working after the update is done
- 1.1 What is the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” error?
- 1.2 What are the apparent reasons for the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” error?
- 1.3 How to identify QuickBooks Desktop not responding after the update?
- 1.4 How to avoid the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” error from happening again?
- 1.5 Prerequisites steps must be taken into considerations
- 1.6 Solutions to fix QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update
- 1.6.1 Solution 1: Make use of QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- 1.6.2 Solution 2: Changing the device’s settings and restarting the device For a limited time, turn off anti-virus software
- 1.6.3 Solution 3: By renaming the QB.INI file to something else
- 1.6.4 Solution 4: Accessing the file from a new folder location on the device
- 1.6.5 Solution 5: Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run Quick Fix my Program
- 1.6.6 Solution 6: Fix the error using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or Install Diagnostic Tool Hub
- 1.6.7 Solution 7: Utilize the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- 1.6.8 Solution 8: Generate a new Windows Admin user
- 1.7 Additional troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update
Did you get an error message when you tried to Open QuickBooks Desktop? Perhaps you didn’t receive an error, but the software could be a number of reasons for this, and let’s know in the section below.
What is the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” error?
Occasionally, while working on the software, you may encounter an issue where the QuickBooks program unexpectedly closes. QuickBooks may display an error message claiming that:
“A problem caused the program to stop working correctly or Windows is checking for a solution to the problem”
This type of error can be aggravating because it slows down the process and, in certain cases, results in the loss of unsaved data.
What are the apparent reasons for the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” error?
As stated in the introduction, this issue might be caused by a number of different factors. Here are some of the most common reasons that may contribute to this problem:
- The QBWUSER.INI file on the device or network is either corrupted or disintegrated.
- The device’s hard drive has been damaged and is not fully accessible.
- It can happen if QuickBooks Desktop stops working properly or if QuickBooks Desktop freezes.
- If the application file is corrupted, an error may occur.
- The company file name is excessively long, causing the software to lag and eventually crash QuickBooks Desktop.
- It can happen if some of the files in the Windows operating system are damaged.
How to identify QuickBooks Desktop not responding after the update?
It is always important to identify the signs and symptoms of the error because this will aid them in promptly resolving the problem. Thus, if you experience any of the symptoms listed below while using the software, make sure that you follow the steps outlined in the solution sections:
- QuickBooks Desktop isn’t working.
- The device will frequently freeze and refuse to respond to input commands.
- The operating system goes down for no apparent cause.
- While using QuickBooks Desktop, it stops working and crashes.
- You are going to get the error message “QuickBooks has stopped operating” appears constantly.
How to avoid the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” error from happening again?
- Always use the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- QB’s windows regional settings should be set to US locale.
- Use regional settings that are appropriate.
Prerequisites steps must be taken into considerations
We need to go over a couple of approaches for correcting this mistake because there are various causes that can cause it. This will ensure that the “QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update” is completely resolved. To resolve this QB problem, you must follow the instructions provided:
- You’ll need to restart your computer
- Launch the QuickBooks accounting program
Using keyboard shortcuts to launch the QuickBooks software
- Click the Start button >>> All Programs button followed by right-clicking on the QuickBooks
- Then, while holding down the Ctrl key, launch the QuickBooks software.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update
QuickBooks not responding/not working is one of the most typical problems. You can use the troubleshooting procedures listed below to fix difficulties that prevent QuickBooks from opening or freezing.
Solution 1: Make use of QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- Begin by installing the QuickBooks System Repair Tool on your computer or mobile device
- Save the file to a location where you can easily access it later; it is also recommended saving the files to your desktop
- Close any programs that are currently running in the background
- Run the application and install the QuickBooks file doctor utility after it’s finished
- After the installation is finished, go to the company file and click “Continue” to begin the procedure
- This process will take around 20 minutes; once the scanning is complete, restart the console to finish the process.
Solution 2: Changing the device’s settings and restarting the device For a limited time, turn off anti-virus software
- Begin by turning the gadget off and on again.
- If the issue continues to appear, disable both the anti-virus and Windows Defender program
- To finish the operation, restart the device again.
Solution 3: By renaming the QB.INI file to something else
- Because replacing the .ini file deletes all the rundown information, it’s necessary to reopen the company file and then change the file name
- Change the name of the Entitlement file, DataStore.ecml, to something else
- Finally, restart the computer and try again to open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Accessing the file from a new folder location on the device
- To begin, hit the Windows + E keys on your keyboard together to start a new window
- Find the data file with the .qbw extension in this folder
- Perform a right-click on it and select “Copy”, then navigate to the C: drive and create a new folder
- “QBTEST” is the new name for this folder
- Copy the data file and paste it into the QBTEST Folder
- After you’ve finished pasting the file into the folder, launch QuickBooks while holding down the CTRL key
- To finish the procedure, click Open or Restore an Existing Company and choose the QBTEST folder.
Solution 5: Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: First, download and install the QB Tool Hub
The QuickBooks tool hub application offers the ability to automatically correct certain problems. The following are the steps involved:
- To begin, you must first close QuickBooks
- After that, get the QuickBooks tool hub file
- Also, save the file somewhere you’ll be able to find it quickly
- Open the file you downloaded in the previous stages to proceed further
- Install the software by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the terms and conditions
- After the installation is complete, double-click the tool hub icon on the Windows desktop to launch it.
Step 2: Run the Quick Fix My Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The important thing to remember here is that if the software has any open background processes, the quick patch will instantly shut them down. This tool will also perform a simple program repair.
- In order to complete this process, you must first choose the program problems in the tool hub program
- Select the Quick Fix My Program option
- Open QuickBooks and the company file on the PC.
Solution 6: Fix the error using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or Install Diagnostic Tool Hub
Step 1: Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Too first
The old install folders are automatically renamed by the Clean Install Tool. This allows the software to add new install files during re-installation:
- If it hasn’t previously been done, open the tool hub
- You must select Installation issues from the QuickBooks tool hub
- Select the “OK” option after clicking on the clean install tool
- After selecting the QuickBooks and product versions, click the “Continue” button
- When the message “Please install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location” appears on the screen, select the “Ok” option.
Step 2: Now, Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
With a few simple actions, you can instantly fix the problem by downloading and running the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The following are the actions to take in this process:
- On your computer, launch the QuickBooks tools hub software
- Select QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool from the Installation issues tab
- Once you’ve completed that, you’ll need to wait at least 20 minutes, as this process might be bit time-consuming
- After the scan, the tool will diagnose and correct the problem on its own
- Finally, restart the computer to save your changes.
Solution 7: Utilize the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- You must close the QuickBooks software to use this procedure
- The QuickBooks refresher tool is available for download
- Save the file to your computer
- When the download procedure is finished, select Run and run the QBRefresher tool
- Select the option to “Fix my QuickBooks.” The tool will now automatically diagnose the problem and resolve it
- Open QuickBooks and double-check the problem.
Solution 8: Generate a new Windows Admin user
If your Windows installation is corrupted, you can establish a new windows admin user. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Open the Control panel by clicking on the Windows Start tab
- To add or remove user accounts, click the Add or Remove User Accounts option
- After that, you’ll see the Manage Accounts dialogue box, where you can choose to establish a new account
- Select the Create Admin Account option after entering the account name
- The Create Account tab should be chosen
- Open the company files using the newly created admin account and see if the problem still exists.
Additional troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Desktop not responding after update
If QuickBooks has stopped working after installing the Windows 10 update, follow the steps below:
- Go to the control panel and then to the windows firewall option
- Select advanced parameters, as well as options for outgoing rules
- Next, choose the program checkbox and then click on the new rule tab
- Moving forward, hit the “Next” button
- Check this program path option, then copy QuickBooks’ location
- You need additionally tick the public, private, or domain checkbox after selecting the block the connection option
- Rename it and select the “Finish” tab to end this process.
Sorting out the QuickBooks Desktop not responding after the update is possible with the suggested solutions discussed in above. However, there may be times when you are unable to correct such a mistake; in such cases, we recommend consulting our QuickBooks technical experts via our dedicated LIVE CHAT option, and they will provide you with the most effective remedies.