QuickBooks Payroll makes all way easy to handle accounting issues. Among all advanced features, they make electronic filing easy. With E-filling, you can save your valuable time as well as money. Users can easily fill your 1099 form. So, you can easily send all copies to the contractors and then also get back to the business which is one of the best and easiest ways. Read this blog, you get complete information about QuickBooks E-file a 1099-MISC.
Learn how to prepare and file your Federal 1099s with QuickBooks Online
- Click on the Payroll menu and then choose the “Contractors” option or you can also choose “Expenses”
- From the available preferences, drop your click on the “Vendors”
- Must be sure about company details such as company name, address, and the correct ID matches. All matches should be found on tax notices
- After that, choose the boxes that show the “Types of payment mode” for all of your contractors. It works for the only current year
- Then mark on that selected boxes that shows all expenses account from where you can easily navigate the payments and then click on NEXT
- User has to be sure about all selected contractors and their entered information and email address must be accurate.
- In any case, mistakenly you are missing any contractor name. Then choose the “Add From Vendor List” section
- And choose “1099 Contractors” from the list of QuickBooks vendors and proceed forward with NEXT click
- Make sure about the calculation of total payments for each and every box you selected in the above step
- If you face any problem while trying to view the payments that made electronically (From credit card) just because they report you by the credit card company
- So, no need to worry you can easily verify with all payments via “Vendor column”
- Choose the “Finish preparing 1099s” option
- In end, choose the “E-File Service” to e-file your 1099s and you are all done with this procedure
If you are unable to import all details from QuickBooks online, you will be entered on “Missing info” and you get access.
How to E-File 1099-MISC?
- Once preparation is completed, choose the “E-File” option
- Then need to check and verify 1099 forms and then click on the “Continue” button
- Make sure about all filled information over from the QuickBooks online
- Then select 1099 forms or select all that you want to submit and click on the “Continue”
- Review all necessary details such as company and vendor details, and then choose “Back to home”
- Fill all information related to your bill and then proceed with the “Approve” option.
- Make sure about the number of forms and total amount calculation and click on “Approve”
- For contractor copies, user need to choose the delivery option
- After choosing the option as per situation according, fill all required information and click on “Approve”
- Then need to download first and submit forms as “Employer: Copy 1 and Copy C” and for “Contractor: Copy B and Copy”
- If you choose the “View forms” then you will get the access of Copy A that just sent to IRS. All other copies of 1099 are easily found from the homepage
- The last step is to click on the “Submit final form” to make sure about the accuracy because a single mistake is not accepted in this form.
To keep all records, you can utilize the paper version of Copy A of Form 1099. So, it is not necessary to print or mail on this form to the IRS.
For more details, get in touch with QuickBooks team
While implementing the above steps, if you face any problem or need any help, just dial QuickBooks helpline number 1800-816-6849. To rectify all doubts, send your all queries at this email address [email protected] . QuickBooks professionals reply to your all queries and resolve all issues as soon as possible. To get any guidance regarding this issue or QuickBooks, do LIVE CHAT with QuickBooks expertise.