E-file is used to file state file tax forms. These e-filed forms act as a distinct transaction that should be submitted in QuickBooks Desktop. This article covers QuickBooks E-file or Submit state unemployment filings.
There are several alternatives based upon the state to file the state unemployment forms:
- QuickBooks Desktop permits direct E-file
- Generate a state unemployment file and then upload it to the state manually
- QuickBooks Desktop allows the creation of unemployment forms and print paper copies and further send to the state
Pre-requirement to create E-file or Submit State:
- Get an Enhanced Payroll subscription
- Compatible QuickBooks Desktop version
- Recent payroll update installation
- Internet Access
- Compatible E-payment & E-file mode for both state form and state tax
- Must be enrolled with state tax organization
- Should have accurate login credentials for state tax e-pay
Select the method whether you want to e-file state forms and e-pay taxes separately or together in QuickBooks. However, some state needs them together. You need to verify each of them. If the state doesn’t found or you face any difficulty browse the payroll Tax complain URL and choose your preferred state to monitor the details regarding form filling requirements.
Direct Access of E-file feature in QuickBooks Desktop:
Follow the below-described instructions:
- Choose Employees and then click on Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s
- Hit on Process Payroll forms
How to generate a file to submit state for Quarterly filing?
If you are unable to e-file the state quarterly filling forms then you are recommended to create that file in QuickBooks in an easy manner. Create a file and then post it manually to the state.
Steps of creating a file in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Locate the Employee menu, choose Payroll Tax Form & W-2s and then hit on Create State SUI E-file
- Now a welcome window will appear on the screen, click on Continue
- Discover the QuickBooks Payroll State SUI File dialog box and then choose OK
- Verify entire errors and integrate any missing fields into the file
- Look for Add-Ins option, discover the drop-down box named QuickBooks Payroll SUIE-file and then click Start Interview
- Agree with the instructions given on the screen by clicking on I understand and review the data
- After that click on question and answer tab and then click on Next button
- Check out the file and location name properly because this is a document that you have to upload to the state
- Proceed with Next
- Answer the Questions that display on the screen and check the auto-filled information
- Click on Next unless you reach at the last page of a window which displays as End of Interview
- Hit on Create State File
- Locate State file created dialog box and then choose Ok
- Discover the Save Workbook prompt and then choose yes if you wish to save the records in an Excel workbook.
Interact with QuickBooks Team:
I hope you have gone through the above blog on QuickBooks E-file or submit state unemployment filings and found it simple to grasp the steps. If you still face any issue or found complexity to solve QuickBooks errors then talk with the experts’ 24/7 hours whenever required. Give a call at QuickBooks at +1800-816-6849. The team always tries to deliver the best and won’t let you face any frustrating glitches anymore. You can also connect the team members via email or do a live chat to immediately resolve the issue.