So, you have upgraded your Windows version from 7/8 to Windows 10, or you have bought a new computer with Windows 10 as the operating system. Your windows version must be compatible with QuickBooks for its swift and uninterrupted functioning. It is suggested that you should check the version of your Windows to ensure it is compatible with the QuickBooks on your system. The most common error that users face is freezing or crashing of the QuickBooks, these errors generally appear due to the following reasons:
- Damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- QuickBooks not updated to its latest version.
- Outdated Windows 10 build.
- Error in Windows 10 QuickBooks PDF convertor.
Handling QuickBooks Enterprise compatibility issue with Windows 10
Before we start handling the error part, it is better to first learn how to check the version of windows 10 to ensure compatibility.
Checking Windows 10 version to avoid QuickBooks Enterprise compatibility issue
- First of all, you need to click on the start menu > type About your PC.
- You will get the below screen; you need to scroll down to check your Windows 10 version number.
Supported Windows 10 versions
- Version 1809 (latest- majorly for QuickBooks 2020), Version 1803 (QB 2018-2020), Version 1709 (for QB 2018-2020).
- Version 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703 (It is recommended that you should upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 as Microsoft has already stopped supporting these versions)
Handling QuickBooks Enterprise Compatibility issue
In case you are using the old Windows 10 version and come across compatibility issues while working on QuickBooks due to windows 10 updates, you can troubleshoot those issues with the help of the following options:
Option 1. Restoring to the previous build of the Windows 10
- You need to go to the Windows start > settings > Update and security.
- Under the update and security section, you need to click on the recovery tab on the left corner of the screen and then click on “Go back to an earlier build” on the right side.
- After that, you need to click on “Get started” and follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.
Option 2. Upgrade of QuickBooks to the latest version
The second option is to update the QuickBooks to its latest version, once updated, it will eliminate any compatibility issues between QuickBooks and Windows 10 as all the latest versions of Windows q0 are fully compatible with QuickBooks.
Option 3. Enabling of .Net framework 3.5
When .Net 3.5 frameworks are not enabled by default in the windows 10 build, it will cause compatibility issues, you need to follow the following steps to fix the issues:
- Press Windows + R > open Run > type control panel > Ok.
- Click uninstall a program > turn windows feature on or off.
- You need to ensure that the .Net framework 3.5 feature is checked/ enabled, if not do so and click on OK. Also, make sure that .Net framework 4.5 is enabled as well by default.
If you need any further help, please use the LIVE CHAT option, and the we will help you out.