QuickBooks Enterprise Stopped Working / QuickBooks Enterprise Suddenly Crashed / QuickBooks Enterprise Freezes Again & Again / QuickBooks Enterprise not Responding / QuickBooks Enterprise has stopped working
Are you frustrated with QuickBooks not responding in your Enterprise Edition? No need to worry anymore as this article entails how to overcome this QB error. Well, QuickBooks Enterprise is a business-specific application that provides end-to-end financial management and accounting services.
At times, when opening QuickBooks Desktop, users may receive a QuickBooks Enterprise not responding error or the screen may simply freeze and not respond to any commands. These kinds of problems are all too common. When a user tries to open QuickBooks Desktop, error messages such as “QuickBooks has stopped working” or “QuickBooks has stopped responding” appear on the screen.
Simply read out this article to know why QuickBooks doesn’t open, and how we can fix this issue by using different solutions.
- 1 QuickBooks Enterprise Stopped Working / QuickBooks Enterprise Suddenly Crashed / QuickBooks Enterprise Freezes Again & Again / QuickBooks Enterprise not Responding / QuickBooks Enterprise has stopped working
- 1.1 Why does QuickBooks Enterprise not responding occur?
- 1.2 Indications of QuickBooks Enterprise not responding
- 1.3 Resolutions to fix the QuickBooks Enterprise not responding error
- 1.3.1 Resolution 1: Rename or Delete the QBWUSER.INI file
- 1.3.2 Resolution 2: Restart your system and try disabling the Anti-virus program temporary
- 1.3.3 Resolution 3: Open the company file from a different folder location (If other files or sample file do open)
- 1.3.4 Resolution 4: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- 1.3.5 Resolution 5: Try uninstalling and reinstalling your software using a Clean Install
- 1.3.6 Resolution 6: Make use of QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- 1.3.7 Resolution 7: Make a new Windows Admin account
Why does QuickBooks Enterprise not responding occur?
We have various responses to this query in order to answer it. However, it can happen for a variety of reasons.
The following are some of the reasons:
- The company name is too long
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that has been corrupted
- It’s either missing or damaged .QBWUSER.INI is a configuration file for QBWUSER.
- Windows operating system is broken
- The system’s resources are limited
- Virus-infected program files
- Perhaps there will be a conflict in some program
- Error during installation
- It’s possible that the QuickBooks Desktop installation has been harmed/damaged.
Indications of QuickBooks Enterprise not responding
When QuickBooks Desktop does not reply, you will receive several clear signals.
They are as follows:
- Your computer will shut down on its own
- QuickBooks will not reply, and an error message will appear on your screen repeatedly
- The device becomes stuck and fails to detect input commands
- Your QuickBooks software isn’t working properly or not responding.
Resolutions to fix the QuickBooks Enterprise not responding error
Well, QuickBooks not responding is a common error and can be encountered in any edition of QB. Furthermore, there are numerous causes for the mistake as well as possible solutions. To fix this type of QuickBooks software error, you must follow a few instant provided instructions:
- Restart your personal computer (desktop or laptop)
- QuickBooks Accounting Software should be opened.
To open the QuickBooks software, use shortcut keys
- Select Start >>> All Programs >>> from the Start menu
- Do a right-click on the QuickBooks and then select the “Properties” tab
- Open QuickBooks software while holding down the Ctrl key
Moreover, you can quickly solve your problem by attempting one of the following resolutions:
Resolution 1: Rename or Delete the QBWUSER.INI file
To access the Computer window, concurrently press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard
- Select >> Folder and search options from the “Organize” tab on the top left
- Now, “View” tab should be selected
- Hidden files and folders >> Advanced Settings >> followed by clicking “Ok” to reveal hidden files and folders
- Move to the “My Computer” >>> C: drive >>> C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Delete/Rename the QBWUSER>INI file by right-clicking on the same and select “Delete/Rename”
Important Note: QuickBooks produces a new QBWUSER.INI file by default.
- Try opening an example company file if the software opens after you rename either QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
Resolution 2: Restart your system and try disabling the Anti-virus program temporary
- Reboot or restart your computer before proceeding
- It will aid in the termination of all background activity
- Now try to access the QuickBooks file again to see if the error has gone away or if it is still present
- If the issue persists, try temporarily disabling your antivirus program. (Refer to the help menu in your antivirus product or seek the advice of an experienced IT professional).
Resolution 3: Open the company file from a different folder location (If other files or sample file do open)
The folder in which your company data is stored can occasionally become corrupted. It’s a problem with the system. If the above measures do not address your problem, contact a certified IT professional.
- To open the Computer window, using the Windows + E keyboard shortcut
- Look for the .qbw file extension while looking for the data file (e.g. mycompanyfile.qbw) Browse to the network drive on which the data file is located when searching for a file on a network server (for example X:\QBdata)
- Perform a right-click on your company file and choose “Copy”
- Make a new folder on your C: Drive
- QBTEST will be the name of the folder
- Paste the company file into the newly created QBTEST folder
- Now, open QuickBooks while holding down the CTRL key
- Go to the C:\QBTEST folder you established and select Open or Restore an Existing Company
- Copy the company file to the QBTEST folder and open it.
Resolution 4: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
- Start with downloading a QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Next, you’ll get a window on your computer telling you to save the file to your local Desktop
- Only launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool after closing all other programs on your desktop
- When the process is finished, double-check that all components have been updated correctly, and then restart your PC.
Resolution 5: Try uninstalling and reinstalling your software using a Clean Install
QuickBooks should be uninstalled first, and then reinstalled with the help of Clean Install. This will update your QB Desktop to the most recent version. As a result, all of your problems may have been resolved.
Resolution 6: Make use of QuickBooks System Repair Tool
- The QuickBooks repair tool must first be downloaded
- You must then save the file to a desktop local folder
- Then you must close any previously running programs before installing the tool
- It’s also worth noting that the complete device scan will take about 20 minutes
- The user only needs to restart the console after the tool has finished repairing the software.
Resolution 7: Make a new Windows Admin account
Creating a new Windows Admin user is another way to fix the “QuickBooks Desktop Not Responding” problem.
- Select Settings by right-clicking on a Windows Start key
- Accounts to choose from
- Select Family and Other Users from the drop-down menu
- Click Add a new user to this computer
- To create a new user, follow the on-screen instructions.
Hopefully, you will no longer have the “QuickBooks Enterprise not responding” problem if you successfully executed all of the aforementioned resolutions. But in any case, if you’re still having problems with QuickBooks not responding, feel free to consult our QB Experts via LIVE CHAT which is available all round the clock to assist you.