QuickBooks is a financial and accounting program that is mostly used by small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs). QuickBooks is a planning tool that may be used to assist in decision-making processes. QuickBooks is accessible as a desktop application as well as an online version. QuickBooks customers may experience certain issues from time to time. QuickBooks Error 12002 will be discussed in further detail below.
QuickBooks is available in a number of various variants and editions. QuickBooks features must be upgraded in order to get further capability. Contractors, builders, merchants, and a variety of other businesses may benefit from QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 12002 is one of the most often encountered errors by QuickBooks users. Examine all of the potential reasons and solutions to QuickBooks Error code 12002 before proceeding.
What is the Meaning of QuickBooks Error 12002?
QuickBooks Error 12002 is created by QuickBooks being unable to use your PC’s Internet connection. The primary reason QuickBooks cannot detect an Internet connection is that other apps installed on the PC, such as antiviral security agencies, firewalls, and so on, conflict with the QuickBooks download.
Also Read: QuickBooks Update Error 12007
QuickBooks Error code 12002 might also be a result of widespread Internet connection failures. Web Explorer will not be set as the default software, and the Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) button in Web Browser Options may be unchecked.
Which Of The Following Are The Primary Causes of QuickBooks Error 12002?
There are several possible causes of error code 12002. The following is a list of possible causes of QuickBooks problem 12002:
- Incorrect SSL configuration may potentially be a factor in the occurrence of 12002.
- QuickBooks cannot connect to the server due to a connection freeze or timeout.
- The firewalls or internet protection are causing network problems.
- A slow or unreliable internet connection may also be a cause of the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 12002.
What are the Possible Methods for Resolving QuickBooks Error 12002?
The following procedures may help you resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Update error 12002:
Step 1: Verify the Internet network/authenticity connections.
- To begin, you must open the appropriate QuickBooks application.
- Now, click Help.
- By tapping on it, you can see the Internet Connection setting.
- Ascertain that the unique connection is fixed in order to use your system’s internet connection.
- Next, click on Done, and then on Next.
- Now, update once again and verify whether or not the problem has been resolved.
Step 2: Reorganize the Internet Explorer tabs and Windows.
- To begin, you must first open Internet Explorer and afterward click on the Gear symbol located in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Tap on the Internet Option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Then click on the Security tab.
- If you click on the Globe symbol, double-check that the security level is not set to High.
- Then, under the Connections page, choose the option Always Dial a Connections and click OK.
- Specifically, under UAN settings, choose the specific Automatically Detect Settings option, after which you should uncheck the specific Use a Proxy Server checkbox.
- Include the correct address as well as the port number.
- If the settings show port 80 as the specific port number, double-check that the Be using a Proxy Server checkbox is not ticked before proceeding.
- You will be sent to the settings option after you have hit the OK button.
- Choose Use TLS 1.2 from the drop-down menu after pressing Restore Advanced Settings.
- Make certain that the specific Use TLS 1.2 check is selected in the configuration.
- To exit Internet Explorer, click OK.
- Then exit the program.
- Begin by restarting your computer.
- Then attempt to run your payroll update once again.
- If you continue to encounter the QuickBooks Error 12002, go to the next troubleshooting step in the process.
Step 3: QuickBooks Should be Added to the Specific Windows Firewall Exception Port list.
- Press the Windows Start button.
- Then, inside the Search Applications & Files search area that opens after clicking on it, put Windows in the box that displays.
- Select Windows Security from the list’s highest section.
- Press Enter.
- Advanced Settings may be found by selecting Inbound Rules from the drop-down menu.
- Choose New Rule.
- Afterward the appropriate Port from the drop-down menu.
- Continue by pressing the next button and ensuring that TCP is selected.
- Select the appropriate Port for your QuickBooks Desktop edition from the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose Allow Connections and then hit the Enter key.
- Make certain that all of the accounts seen in the pop-up were checked.
- Then give this specific new rule a name.
- By hitting the Finish button, you will bring the procedure to a close.
- Completing the procedures necessary to configure the specific outbound rules is the next stage.
Step 4: Download QuickBooks software inside the Select Startup mode by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- First and foremost, make a backup of all your company’s data.
- Press the Windows key plus R to open the window.
- The text MsConfignd should be entered into the text box.
- To continue, hit the Enter key.
- In the specific general tab, choose Selective startup.
- Afterward the Load System Services button.
- Go to the General tab.
- From the drop-down box, choose to Disable all Windows Services to hide all Windows services.
- Select Remove even from the drop-down option that appears.
- Remove the particular checkbox from the list.
- Check all Microsoft gadgets should be hidden.
- Make absolutely sure that the Installer checkbox is selected from the list of services that have been provided. If the checkbox is not already selected, choose it.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, open the system configuration window that you want to use.
- After restarting your computer, do a fresh installation of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now hit Windows Plus R once again to bring up the specific Run command panel.
- Press the Enter key after typing in MSConfig.
- In the specific general tab, choose Normal Startup from the list.
- Restart the machine to complete the process.
If you read the prior article on QuickBooks Error 12002, you are likely to have found the information you were looking for. You can find that page here. If you don’t comprehend anything, please re-read it until you comprehend it. If you have any questions or run into any issues while following instructions, you should call the hotline for assistance as soon as possible. Contacting a member of the staff for help in dealing with any challenges or issues you may be experiencing is always welcome! So do not hesitate to get in touch with us. In the event that you receive this message, it means that the team has noticed your contact and will react to you as soon as they are in a position to do so.
What are the critical steps to take before attempting to troubleshoot the 12002 error code?
The following are the steps to take before attempting to resolve the error number 12002:
- Make a copy of a company file for safekeeping.
- Go over to the Menu bar and choose Back Up Company, after which you may create a Local Backup.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and create a backup copy of the business file (if necessary).
How to check the LAN settings in QuickBooks Error 12002?
- Click Start
- Tap on the Control Panel to get access to the Control Panel.
- After that, choose Internet Options.
- Navigate to Connections > LAN settings under Internet Options.
- This section contains all of the options necessary for configuring a proxy server in Windows.
What is the total number of 12002 Series Error Codes?
The following is a list of the 12002 series error codes that customers have encountered:
- The QuickBooks Error Code 12007 is shown.
- Getting QuickBooks Error 12031.
- In QuickBooks, the error number is 12152.
- 12002 is the error number.
- 12009 is the error code.
- Error number 12029.
- Error code 12057 is shown.
- Error code 12157.