It is an undeniable fact that QuickBooks is used all over the globe by small and mid-sized businesses in order to complete their accounting and finance-related tasks. With the help of this software, they don’t have to be stuck with the frustration of entering the data on a regular basis and they are also able to focus on the growth of their businesses.
Moreover, It allows you to create invoices, etc., and utilize banking services. However, sometimes it shows certain technical glitches and errors that can be hindering the workflow, and QuickBooks error 12045 is one of them.
What is QuickBooks error 12045?
QuickBooks error 12045 usually takes place when the user is trying to update the latest version of QuickBooks. The main reason behind this trouble is having a slow or sluggish internet connection as this error is an update error. Therefore, it is necessary for you to have high-speed internet access so that you can make this updating process facile and trouble-free. So without any ado, let’s start to read out this blog that will surely help you to fix this error within a short span of time.
Why does QuickBooks error 12045 occur?
Sometimes when you try to update the QuickBooks desktop to its latest release, QuickBooks error 12045 may pop up on your screen which doesn’t allow you to go ahead with the process.
The main causes of QuickBooks error 12045
- If the date and time settings in your system are not set properly.
- QuickBooks is not able to get linked with the Intuit server.
- Error 12045 may also appear when there are several versions of QuickBooks desktop in your software.
- When the Internet Connection Settings are not configured appropriately.
- If the updated company file is damaged.
Important things to do before Troubleshooting the QuickBooks error 12405:
Create a backup of your company file
It is important to generate the company file backup as if something goes incorrect and there would be any fallback at the time of the troubleshooting procedure, you won’t have to lose any of your data.
- First, you are required to open QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the File then to Backup Company and lastly to Create Local Backup.
- Now follow the instructions visible on the screen to make a company file backup.
Let’s shed a light on some simple steps to fix QuickBooks error 12045
If you are unable to find out the right solution to such errors then you have landed on the right page. Here some easy methods are described in a brief manner. So let’s have a look:
Reset QuickBooks Updates and Attempt to Install them again
- You are required to open QuickBooks desktop.
- Navigate to the assistance and then update the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Update Now.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Reset update, click it and then Get Updates the notifications.
- In the end, you need to wait for a while as the QuickBooks desktop update will take some time.
Make sure Computer Time and Date should be correct
- By clicking on the date and time at the bottom right-hand corner, you have to be sure about the accuracy of the date and time.
- If not then press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run box.
- Now type the Control or Control Panel in a search box.
- Select the Clock and Region from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a current Date and Time.
- Then click on “Change the Date and Time” in a drop-down menu.
- Modify the time and date to the wished time zone and later press OK.
- After that, you are supposed to tap on Change Time Zone from the drop-down menu. Ensure that the time zone is correct otherwise this error may incur.
- Before trying to install the updates, shut down the QuickBooks and reopen it.
Check the Internet Connection Settings
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks and then browse to the help menu.
- Click on Internet Connection Setup in the Help menu.
- In the options which appear on your screen, choose my computer’s Internet Connection Settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.
- To proceed further, hit Next.
- Now select the tab of Advanced Connection Settings.
- Herein, locate the Restore Advanced Settings.
- Then click OK and you are done with the process.
QuickBooks desktop should be closed and reopened again and then you can try to install the updates.
Multiple QuickBooks Versions installed on the same computer
When you get several QuickBooks versions installed on the same computer like QuickBooks Pro 2019 and QuickBooks Premier 2019, you would have to face this issue. If you only need to install the updated version for QuickBooks Pro 2019, follow the below-listed steps:
- Go to the Downloads & Updates section of the QuickBooks website.
- Select the Country now.
- Choose the Product same as the QuickBooks Pro.
- Now select the version for instance 2019.
- Press the Search button.
- Once you are done with the above step, click “Get the recent Updates”, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest release.
Configure the Firewall and Security Application Settings
Sometimes security applications may prevent QuickBooks desktop to launch updates. It is recommended that you, pause it for a temporary period of time. For Example, 30 Minutes and then try to install the updates.
This problem may also arise because of the firewall configuration. If the firewall is blocking access to the computer, it won’t allow you to install the latest updates.
You are required to provide access to these files that are jotted below:
Hopefully, You should no longer be experiencing QuickBooks error 12045 once you stay tuned with this write-up till the end. However, if it persists and you fail to encounter many challenges on your own, you can have words with QuickBooks helpdesk team members as they have in-depth knowledge and experience to tackle such errors in one go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is it important to generate a backup of your company file?
Basically, the purpose of the backup is to create a copy of your data that comes in handy when the primary data is failed, lost, or corrupted. This process recovers your data even in the accidental cases of data deletion. These backup copies allow data to be restored from an earlier point when it comes to helping the business. Hence, if you don’t want to be prone to data loss issues then it is needed to create a backup of your company file whenever you are going to start the process.
How can I repair a corrupted company file in QuickBooks?
Check out the steps listed below to fix a corrupted company file in QuickBooks:
💠 Navigate to the File menu first.
💠 Then hover over Utilities and click Rebuild Data.
💠 Press OK, on the QuickBooks Information Window.
💠 Follow the onscreen steps to save a backup.
💠 Let the tool repair your file. It may take some time.
💠 QuickBooks may seem stuck but once you move your mouse, the tool is working.
💠 When the tool ends working, hit OK.
💠 Again switch to the File menu then hover over Utilities and choose Verify Data.
💠 Now let the tool check your file for data issues.
What to do if I wanna open an existing company file in QuickBooks?
Here’s the solution to your problem:
💠 From the File menu, click Open or Restore Company.
💠 Choose Open a company file.
💠 To proceed further, hit Next.
💠 Locate the location of the company file. For example; if your company file is mapped to drive E, look for Company Files Name (E:) in the list.
💠 Select the company file (with file extension .qbw) from the list and then tap on Open.
💠 At last, enter your user name and password if prompted.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support