About QuickBooks Error 1603
|Error Code:||Error 1603||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error. QuickBooks error 1603 appears when users perform QuickBooks installation and updates in their system.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||An incomplete download of software leads to corrupt files, Corrupted Microsoft C++ & XML components.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon||Possible Solution:||Downloading the QBinstallTool.exe file and try to run it, Repair or fix MSXML 4.0.|
While installing QuickBooks there may be the chances that you may encounter some issues. Problems that you may face are instability, updating the QuickBooks as per the new release, problems while attaching the external data of the application with QuickBooks, flexibility while putting the patch release.
You may face Error 1603 if the Microsoft Installer file is damaged or may be due to the QuickBooks installation error.
If you are facing the error 1603 and unable to apply the patch, then you should immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical support team.
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 1603
- 2 Points to Consider Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 1603, unable to apply the patch
- 3 Fixing of the QuickBooks Error 1603 Unable to Apply The Patch?
Points to Consider Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 1603, unable to apply the patch
The procedure given below will also help you out in resolving this issue, but before you proceed with that ensure that Windows 3.1 is uninstalled and reinstalled again.
Below given steps will help you in reinstalling Windows 3.1:
- Go to the Window’s Start Menu and after that to Control Panel.
- Now click twice on Remove and Add Programs. You will see the window of Remove or Add Programs gets open.
- Go through the list of all the installed programs and confirm that whether the installation of Windows Installer 3.1 has taken place or not.
- If the installation of Windows Installer 3.1 is done then tap on the Remove button and take the help from the instructions to remove the same.
- After the installation of Windows 3.1 Installer is done, if does not get installed, then go to the page of Windows Support and get the Windows Installer 3.1 installed perfectly.
- Once the installation of Windows Installer 3.1 is done get the QuickBooks update installed again.
In case you encountered any problem then get in touch QuickBooks Technical Support Team.
Fixing of the QuickBooks Error 1603 Unable to Apply The Patch?
Here, we will consider some of the most effective ways to fix error code 1603:
- Downloading the QBinstallTool.exe file and try to run it
- Repair or fix MSXML 4.0
Solutions provided by us will help you in troubleshooting the issues you are facing, but in case you are unable to do the same by yourself, then without thinking twice just give a call to the QuickBooks customer support team.
1. Method One: Downloading the QBinstallTool.exe file and try to run it
Steps to run QBinstallTool.exe file:
- Try downloading the file size of 648KB of QBInstallTool.exe and make an attempt to get rid of the error.
- Save the file on desktop and click on it twice, so that the tool may get started.
If the issue is still not resolved then
2. Method Two: Repair or fix MSXML 4.0
Below are the steps to Repair or fix MSXML 4.0:
- Select the type of installation, if for installing the QuickBooks you opt for CD then:
- By closing the QuickBooks window, if it’s open on the display, insert CD in the computer and
- Then by following the instructions, start the installation of MXSML for your specific operating system
A. Vista or Windows 7:
Steps for Vista or Windows 7:
- Click on the Windows start button
- Then in the search field put msiexec.exe/fvaul“D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” and click on Enter. If the letter of CD drive doesn’t match then get it replaced with D
B. Windows XP:
Steps for Windows XP:
- Choose Run from the Start button of windows
- Then in open or blank field put msiexec.exe/fvaum”D:\QBOOKS\msxml.msi” and click on the OK button
Error 1603 Applying Patch may appear due to various reasons, sometimes it may be due to the applications that are running in the background as the updation is going on. Through our step to step guidance, you will be able to resolve these issues immediately.
In case the issue persists and you cannot fix it by yourself, then get in touch with QuickBooks experts. You can CALL NOW, as we are available for your assistance 24*7. We have carved a niche in the industry by serving our customers in the best possible way and are known for providing effective solutions for QuickBooks and related products.