Overlapping of the installation without uninstalling the older version mostly resulted in Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop. However, there are numerous factors due to which error code 1712 arises such as a corrupt file, damaged Microsoft components, etc. Apart from this, it also gives warning messages stating that: Sorry for the inconvenience! Error 1712: Something went wrong with your installation. Or, Restoration will not be possible to proceed further. This error can be easily fixed by implementing certain troubleshooting methods that are going to be discussed in this particular guide.
What can Causes Error 1712 When Installing QuickBooks for Desktop?
As discussed before, the error crops up mainly at the time of installation or uninstallation that demands rebooting the PC. There are other factors that can also trigger the error, a few of which are jotted below:
- Malware attack or a malicious program
- Damaged data files
- Registry files get corrupted or damaged
- Any malicious software hampers the process
- Install QuickBooks in a coded or damaged folder
Quick Fixation to resolve the error
- Before you proceed the advanced troubleshooting, you can try the below steps:
- Restart your PC
- Go to the Task Manager to close all QuickBooks versions that are running in the background
- At last, attempt once again to install the software.
Advanced Troubleshooting Methods to fix QuickBooks Error 1712
Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop disables the work and immediately displays an error message “Something went wrong with your installation”. In order to avoid further data loss and reduce the downtime of your work, it is advisable to fix the error as soon as possible. Perform the below-provided solutions to get rid of it:
Method 1: End all the processes within your Task Manager
- The very first, press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Delete from your keyboard
- Next, perform a right-click on the QuickBooks software and select the option “Go to Processes”
- Now, click “End Processes” tab and then close all the process within the task manager
- Finally, reboot the device and verify whether the processes are deleted or not.
Method 2: Change the data path of the application inside the Registry
- Initially, click the Windows Start button and look for regedit.exe
- And then search the path in Regedit i.e. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUserShell folders
- Next, make a double-click on the Entry App Data
- Now, you need to replace the actual value with the local profile path
- Finally, restart the PC and then verify whether the error is resolved or not.
Method 3: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
In order to use the tool hub, it is important that the QuickBooks Desktop software should be closed. However, QuickBooks Tools Hub helps in fixing common errors but for the better experience, it is suggested you to use the Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit. Let’s see below how can we download and install this Tool:
- In the beginning, close the QuickBooks software
- Download the most recent version (188.8.131.52) of the QB Tool Hub
- Save the file somewhere you can easily find it
- Once saved then open the downloaded file called QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Perform on-screen instructions to complete the installation process and also make sure that you agree with the terms and conditions
- Once the installation is completed then double-click on the icon to open the Tool Hub.
Method 4: Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, go to the Intuit official website
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Follow the wizard instructions to install the Tool on your device
- Next, you need to close all the system background running software
- And then run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- After that, select the option “I am having problems installing QuickBooks” and then hit Ok
- To finish the process, reboot the PC and confirm the modifications that are recently made are correct.
Method 5: Run Quick Fix My Program from QuickBooks Tools Hub
- In the beginning, close the QuickBooks software
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file
- Save the file where it can be easily accessed
- And then open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe setup file
- Perform on-screen instructions to install but make sure that you agree with all the terms and conditions
- After that, perform a double-click on the icon and open the Tool Hub
- Now, move to the Program Problems tab within the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Afterward, select the option called “Quick Fix my Program”
- Finally, run the Tool and try to install QuickBooks Desktop once again.
QuickBooks Error 1712 One or more of the files required to restore your computer Error messages can easily be stopped from popping up by applying the above-discussed methods. In case, the error pertains then try adding or creating a Windows User using your Administrator rights and attempt again to install QuickBooks. For more queries, it is suggested to reach out to the QuickBooks Experts.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
It is a QB installation error encounter when there is something wrong with the installation. It usually pops up while installing QB into the main or primary or host or server computer. Several major causes can be the reasons behind this error like damaged or missing Windows files, malicious software such as spyware, adware, virus-attack, and more.
How do I identify Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop?
There are certain signs and symptoms that can help you to identify error code 1712 like:
- Shutdown issues
- Input or output error
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Http error
- A blue screen appears on the display
- QuickBooks Desktop freezes
- System or Laptop not working properly.
Downloading of the latest Windows Update can fix QuickBooks Error 1712?
Yes, It could fix the QuickBooks installation-related error. Though error 1712 occurs while trying to install the QuickBooks, you can try the below steps:
- First, perform a right-click on the Windows Start menu and select Settings
- Hit Update & Security >> Check for Updates
- After that, perform the instructions that appear on the screen in order to download the latest update
- And finally, try to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
What are the error messages to identify QuickBooks Error 1712?
The error pops up the following messages when installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
- Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop
- We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
- Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
How do I add a Windows user with Administrator rights to fix Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop?
You can follow the below steps from Microsoft to create Windows users and give them Admin Rights:
- Select the Windows Start menu and select All Programs
- Next, open the Windows Small Business Server than choose Windows SBS Console
- Now, go to the Users and Groups >> Add a new user account tab
- Fill out the required user information and then follow the Add a New User Account wizard
- After that, give a new user Administrator rights
- Hit Finish once you’re done.