About QuickBooks Error 20 Printer Not Activated
|Error Code:||Error 20||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||This error generally takes place when a user try to install or upgrade to a newer Windows version. Usually, the major cause of this issue is the deleted KEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||The service key needs an update., The printer or/ and its drivers aren’t supported.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Uninstalling and then Reinstalling QuickBooks, Updating the registry key manually.|
Upgrading your Windows Operating System to Windows 8 or 10, sometimes, makes you encounter this error while using QuickBooks Desktop. The origination of this error is the accidental deletion of the HKey_current_config\Software key. Different software uses a similar registry key to make it active, which could cause trouble in QuickBooks.
Moving on from the other software to QB itself, at times there are multiple users who use the same registry key on the same network. Once the key grows older, it starts to glitch. So, in case you find yourself unable to save your invoices, payslips, other documents as PDF, it could most probably be because the PDF Driver for QuickBooks is not compatible with your Windows Desktop.
What is QuickBooks Error 20 Printer not Activated?
So, while striving to get a print, you swiftly run into that error note “ Printer not Activated, QuickBooks Error 20”, out of the blue, and surprise whatever the cause behind this fault is. Your screen flashed this error code when you tried printing a PDF document through QuickBooks software or presumably when you were trying to take a print of the payslip or while transferring across and dispatch of a tab to your client.
Caues behind QuickBooks Error 20 Printer not Activated
The Printer not Activated, QuickBooks Error 20 occurs when you update your Operating System. Also, when the applications that use the key to keep internal settings application key is not updated then it fails to work as it usually does. Here are some possible reasons for QuickBooks Error Code – 20:
- There are registry errors in Windows.
- The version of QuickBooks you’re using for your laptop or computer isn’t Friendly with the version of Windows is used.
- The service key needs an update.
- The printer or/ and its drivers aren’t supported.
- QuickBooks has not been duly installed.
The error that appears on the screen looks like this:
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 20 Printer Not Activated?
Below are some of the most effective and recommended methods that will help you fix the QuickBooks Error 20 Printer not Activated:
- Uninstalling and then Reinstalling QuickBooks
- Updating the registry key manually
First and foremost, you need to make a backup of the existing registry key, in case the new registry key is proved ineffective in resolving the error. Also, a system recovery point as well is required for the backup plan, in case there arises any complexity in the process.
1. Solution One: Uninstalling and then Reinstalling QuickBooks
Uninstalling and then Reinstalling QuickBooks can solve the issue.
We will go about it like this:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Find QuickBooks, Right-click on it, select Uninstall/Change.
- Once you have uninstalled QuickBooks, download a fresh software from the internet and reinstall it.
- Access the printer and it shall start working now.
Please note that if the problem is not with QuickBooks but with the PDF converter, then you are advised to uninstall the old driver and download a new one to fix the issue.
2. Solution Two: Updating the registry key manually
In case you feel like uninstalling and then reinstalling is such a hassle, you can try updating the registry key manually.
There are two ways to update the Registry Key:
Granting permission by using Registry Editor
- Click Windows Key + R> Type Regedit
- Right-click Regedit, select Run As Administrator.
- Once Registry Editor is open, type
- Go to the Software folder and select
- Make sure that you have full control of the table.
This way, your QuickBooks gets access to the Keys and the printer works fine.
These solutions should stop the error from surfacing again. However, if you need some further assistance, users can contact our QuickBooks Team. They are a third-party QuickBooks experts Company that has great expertise in dealing with QuickBooks-related issues. They are available 24*7 CALL NOW.
You might also be interested to read the topic on Quickbooks Unknown Client-Specific Tax Form Printing Error