QuickBooks is an bookkeeping solution which is developed and marketed by Intuit. While working on this software, there are chances that you may come across some technical errors which may obstruct your work. Theses are often considered to be some common errors like QuickBooks Error Code 6000, -77.
QuickBooks 2018 Error 6000, -77
You generally come across this error when you are trying to open your QuickBooks company file. It is basically be categorized as a run-time error. When you encounter this error, you receive the following message:
Error: -6000, -77 when opening a company file.
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.
Error Codes: (-6000, -77)
Intuit has recommended following solution to resolve this QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77.
Solution I: Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor in your system. It will help you in resolving your company file or network.
Solution II: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Open up your folder which holds your company file.
- Locate your files with the same file name as you have saved that company file in your system.
- It may have file extension like .ND and .TLG.
- Rightclick.nd/.tlg file and select Rename. Now you will have to add an additional word “old” after the extension and click enter.
Solution III: Use UNC path instead of mapped drive
- Right click on your QuickBooks icon which is on your desktop screen along with a CTRL key.
- Select Run as Administrator and hold CTRL key until you have opened Company Open Window.
- Go to file menu.
- Select open or restore Company.
- Click on Open a company and click on next.
- On the left hand side, go to network option and navigate to the location of your company file.
- Select your company file and click on open.
Solution IV: Configuration of your security and Windows Firewall
Configure your Firewall as well as your internet security setting for QuickBooks Desktop to configure your system firewall.
Solution V: Recreate your damaged folder
- You will have to create a new folder in your C:\ drive.
- Open that folder where you have saved your company file.
- Locate your .qbw file in your system.
- Now right click on that file and press copy option.
- Open the new folder and paste it.
- Set Windows access permission to share your company file.
- Now you will have to open your QuickBooks Desktop and open this file from new location.
Our Assistant channel
The solution mentioned above is the recommended if you want to resolve your QuickBooks Error -6000, -77. If you have any query or trouble while resolving your error, then you should contact QuickBooks Customer Support. You can also contact other support agencies like BigXperts. They have an expert team of QuickBooks professionals who have years of experience in providing support for QuickBooks related issues. To connect with them, you just have to call on their customer support number +1-800-816-6849, which is open all day long. You can also visit their website for chat support.