About QuickBooks Error 6010, -100
|Error Code:||Error 6010, -100||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||The registry optimizing application installed in the device of the user deleted the Quickbooks registry file.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Disassociation of the .ND file in QuickBooks., NOD32 antivirus software and you have enabled the internet monitor on it.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||For the standalone PC install of QuickBooks,|
QuickBooks is used for account tracking and management in various businesses. This software is able to provide advanced features to easily manage all business activities. You can see all your income and expenses details, invoices details, profit and loss details, and account business. Thousands of people are using QuickBooks for their businesses. But it is software and there can be many error issues in any software.
If you are using QuickBooks for your business then you never want that it gets any error or issue. But the many errors can occur in any software or system. Error -6010, -100 is very common in any QuickBooks software and it is faced by many users of the QuickBooks.
The system shows the Error -6010, -100 and the message “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again”. If you are also facing this error, it happens because of the following reasons:
- 1 About QuickBooks Error 6010, -100
- 2 Reasons of QuickBooks error 6010, -100
- 3 Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6010, -100
- 4 FAQ
Reasons of QuickBooks error 6010, -100
The QuickBooks Error 6010, -100 can occur due to the following reasons:
- Disassociation of .ND file: This error can occur due to the disassociation of the .ND file in QuickBooks. The .ND file is the network device file and there can come an error when this file gets disconnected from the .QBW or .TLG files.
- Use of antivirus software: It can come if you are using the NOD32 antivirus software and you have enabled the internet monitor on it. It will work as a firewall and causes the Error -6010, -100 in the QuickBooks.
- Registry cleaning programs: The Error -6010, -100 can occur due to use of registry cleaning programs like fix it utilities. It can cause this error in the QuickBooks.
- This error can occur if you are using the standalone installation of QuickBooks on the system that is being running on Norton protection centre.
So these are the main reasons which can cause the Error -6010, -100 in your QuickBooks. If you also have this error message on your QuickBooks, you can fix this error by using the following processes:
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6010, -100
You can fix the Error -6010, -100 by using various solutions which are recommended by Intuit. If the first solution does not help you to fix the error, you can try more solutions.
- For the standalone PC install of QuickBooks: you can use the following steps to resolve the error in your QuickBooks:
- Go to File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Then reopen the QuickBooks and the problem will be resolved.
- Rename the .nd file which is associated with the company data file and then open the QuickBooks.
- If you are using NOD32 Antivirus Software with Internet Monitor, disable the IMON functionality.
- You can try the clean installation of the QuickBooks.
These solutions will help you to resolve the Error -6010, -100 issues in your QuickBooks. So you can use it without any issue.
What does QuickBooks error 6010, -100 mean?
This error indicates that issues appear due to any third-party software with firewall authentication. It creates an interface with firewall processing and operations of QuickBooks. To resolve this error disable any third-party software and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
What is the convenient way to resolve the QuickBooks error 6010, -100?
The best and convenient way to resolve this error is to make sure that your software is updated to the latest version. You have to restore qbdmgr.exe and qbdmgrN.exe from the virus vault. The user has to ensure that all data must be correct otherwise it is unable to resolve it.
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error 6010, -100?
The reason behind this error might occur due to improper connectivity between the data file and the multi-user system. Another strong reason is the outdated version of QuickBooks and anti-virus software installed on your system.