QuickBooks is one of the most famous accounting software utilized for accounting and finance operations by millions of businessmen across the world daily. Being extremely helpful in cutting down unnecessary manpower and increasing the output in minimal time, QuickBooks needs to stay up to date with the daily new needs of its clients. But when it gets stuck with some error, things can get tough. QuickBooks Error -6010 is one such error that trouble clients endlessly. The Accountingerrors help team is going to resolve this error in this article.
What is QuickBooks Error -6010?
At times when we are trying to open a company file on our system, we are faced with a dialogue box due to an error, saying- Error: 6010 While trying to open the company file in QuickBooks. Consequently, you will not be able to open the Company file and no other function will work meanwhile.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error -6010
If you have moved your company file from one location to another, i.e. Local drive, Hard Drive, or Removable Drive, the permissions you need to perform certain actions will be affected by this. It will require you to check the integrity of the company file.
The factors that lead to QuickBooks Error 6010 are listed below:
- Disconnection of “.ND”/ “.TLG” file or both.
- Check out if the “Registry-Optimization” option has removed your QuickBooks registry.
- Check if any antivirus software is preventing the network link.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6010?
Some of the solution points are discussed below to resolve QuickBooks Error -6010:
1. Method One:
Here are the steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6010 processes:
- Browse through your QuickBooks folder and open the Company file, then right-click on it to see the menu containing
- Now, move to the Security tab and select it.
- You will have to select all the users manually and then give Full Access to them by clicking the checkbox which is right next to allow.
- Now, browse to the option Advanced, from here move to the tab named
- Grant administrator rights to the
- Click on the button Advance Security Settings window will collapse.
- Press Ok again to shut down the Properties
Check if the problem is resolved now. If not, follow on to the next method.
2. Method Two:
There is another method to follow to fix QuickBooks error 6010:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del On your Windows 7 to open the Task Manager.
- In the new window that opens up, navigate through Processes and Details You will see many of the QuickBooks services running there.
- We want to find the exe file which is supposed to be causing this error.
- We will leave only one process running, and close down all the others.
- If there is a Commerce Sync connection, then repeat the above-mentioned method again.
You should be able to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6010 on your Windows OS by following the methods provided above by our Accountingerrors Help team. In case you face any difficulty with following the process or you require any other help related to QuickBooks products, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Team. They are a third-party company with a trained team on their Help Desk. They deal with QuickBooks-related problems efficiently. You can get in touch with one of our QuickBooks Support Experts by CALL NOW. They are available 24*7 to provide you with QuickBooks software help.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support