Despite the benefits of QuickBooks accounting and bookkeeping software is prone to faults like any other accounting software that might obstruct users’ workflow. Even though they appear to be minor and insignificant, these errors must not be overlooked. If you ignore minor difficulties, they might lead to major blunders. All of these errors have been classified into different Error Series.
All of the categories are further subdivided into error codes to make it easier for both QuickBooks and its users to identify the issue they are experiencing. One such error code is QuickBooks Error 6144, 304, which is part of the 6000 Error Series and happens when a company file is damaged or missing. We all seem to be aware of how convenient it is to use QB Software, and fixing issues is even easier; all you need is the right instruction. This blog contains all possible ways to amend this error with ease.
What are the reasons that give rise to QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
QuickBooks error 6144, 304 is related to the company file that incorporates your company’s accounting details. The issue may occur when something is wrong or inappropriate with your company file:
The following is a list of all possible causes of QuickBooks error 6144, 304:
- This error may occur as a result of a sudden power outage in your system, resulting in damaged or crashed QuickBooks Company Files.
- Another possibility is that the QuickBooks Company Data Files have been damaged or corrupted.
- A Virus or Malware Attack may have infected your computer.
- You may be unable to open Company Files in QuickBooks due to a third-party antivirus or firewall you have placed on your system.
- Users may have destroyed the Company Data File by accident in QuickBooks.
Things to consider before applying the manually resolving process.
- You should have basic details of the Updated MS Office version
- Close the firewall
- Complete all the steps by host system only.
- You need to close QuickBooks software on the all-host system.
- QuickBooks service users should sync with the MS Office version.
Fixing the QuickBooks Error 6144, 304
It is a common error that occurs when the QuickBooks Company File is being used. This problem can be easily addressed by just following the manual instructions outlined in this blog post. But first, let’s go over the steps to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, which aids in the resolution of all data file issues in QuickBooks.
After you install this tool, it will check your company files for any issues that have occurred. This utility just detects and eliminates any faults on its own. Your problem will be solved in this manner.
Here are some of the most reliable ways to fix QuickBooks error 6144 304:
- First, log in to your system as an Administrator
- Run the Internet Browser that you frequently use
- Find the Intuit official websites (www.Intuit.com)
- Next, navigate to the QuickBooks Tool Hub section from where you need to download the QB File Doctor Tool
- Then do the proper installation by following the steps that appear on your screen
- Once the installation is completed then open the tool along with your Administrator’s Rights
- Select the company files which having issues
- Now, check whether the file is hosted on the server or the workstation
- After that, you will receive a notification “Are you on a server or a workstation?”
- To answer this, you have to choose an appropriate option
- Once you’re done the toll will initially start scanning the network errors and then QuickBooks Company File Errors
- Select “No” once the scanning is successfully done then you’re supposed to close the Doctor Tool as well as QuickBooks
- To end this process, you need to restart your PC and you are suggested to run the company file to check if the issue is resolved.
But if you continue to receive the same issue, we recommend that you follow the various methods outlined below. Let’s proceed with the methods one by one.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304
QuickBooks error 6144 304 can be easily resolved using the manual steps below:
- Download & Install The Quickbooks File Doctor
- Update QB Desktop
- Rename The .ND and .TLG Files
- Copy The Company File to the Desktop
- Restore Backup your QB files
- Download and Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Terminate the QuickBooks Tasks from the Task Manager
There are too many solutions to fix QB error 6144 304, some of them are mentioned below. One must try each method until the error is fixed.
1. Method One: Download and install The Quickbooks File Doctor
Intuit provides a QuickBooks file doctor that can not only diagnose and fix network errors but also errors with the company file. The tool scans for network errors before scanning the entire company file. The best thing about this tool is that it is offered for free by Intuit. Make sure to plug in your system before you begin the scanning process. The process of scanning and fixing can take a long time, depending on the size of the company file.
Here’s a link for downloading QuickBooks File Doctor.
Once the installer is downloaded, install QB File Doctor on your system and follow the steps below:
- Log into an administrator account.
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor with administrative privileges. Wait for QB to open.
- Click on browse and select the company file.
- Select whether or not the company file is hosted on the workstation or the server.
- Select the right option for the question “Are you on a server or a workstation.
- QB File Doctor will scan for network errors and then for errors with the company file.
- Close QuickBooks file doctor and open QB.
2. Method Two: Update QB Desktop
To update QB Desktop on your Windows, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- First and foremost, Log in to Intuit Desktop,
- Now Move head to the Help section & click on the “Update Quickbooks Desktop” option
- In the right top corner, You’ll find an option named “Update Now” Click on the to begin the process of updating.
- Now Just Tick on the checkbox of “Reset Update” & click on the “Get Updates” Button.
- Once the updation is completed, exit from quickbooks
3. Method Three: Rename The .ND and .TLG Files
If the .ND and .TLG files are damaged, you need to follow the steps below to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 304:
- Just open your quickbooks company file.
- Look for .ND and .TLG files
- Once you found these files, just right-click on one file & choose the option to rename.
- Just place .OLD at the end of the file name without removing a single character.
- Now do the same for another file.
- Tap on Yes to Confirm the changes.
4. Method Four: Copy The Company File to the Desktop
To copy the company file to the desktop, you just need to follow the instructions below steps:
- Move to your desktop screen & create a New Folder.
- Open the folder, which contains the company file.
- Just copy the company file & move back to the newly created folder on the desktop screen & paste the file.
- Press and hold the CTRL key until No Company Open Window Appears on the screen.
- Tap on Open or Restore the Existing Company File
- Now Select Open a company file and tap on the Next button.
- If you succeed in opening the file, then it’s ok. If not, you just have to follow the next step.
5. Method Five: Restore Backup your QB files
To restore a backup of QuickBooks files, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Start the process by taking an exit from Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now, Press and hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Open Window appears on the screen.
- Click on Open or Restore an Existing Company
- Now, Select to restore the backup copy of the file & click on the next button.
- The user must follow the on-screen instructions to save the latest backup.
Method 6: Download and Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
With the help of the below steps, you can download and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- In the beginning, download the QB Tools Hub
- Move to “Downloads” just by processing Ctrl + J keys together from your keyboard
- Click on the “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe” under the Downloads list
- Next, click “Yes” to permit this application to make modifications
- Now, click “Next” to install the same, and then click “Yes” once again to accept the license agreement
- Click “Next” followed by “Install”
- After done with that, click “Finish” once the installation is successfully done
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub (the icon will be available on your PC screen)
- Finally, click “QB Database Server Manager” under the “Network Issues” tab.
Scan the Company File Location
To scan the company file location to see where the file is located, use the steps below:
- Head over to the tab named “Scan Folders”
- Click “Browse” to select the folder that contains the company file (.QBW)
- Click “OK” >>> “Start Scan”.
Method 7: Terminate the QuickBooks Tasks from the Task Manager
Use the Steps to End a QuickBooks Task from Task Manager:
- First, log in as an Administrator in your system
- Next, open the Task Manager by pressing the “Ctrl + Shift + ESC” keys together from your console
- Highlight the first option and then view the QuickBooks process by pressing the “Q”
- Now, select the QuickBooks Processes (QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe) and then hit the option “End Task”
- At last, open your QuickBooks Company File to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Hopefully, the above methods will make you comprehend the way you can easily fix QuickBooks Error 6144 304. You must use extreme caution while implementing these steps, as even a minor inaccuracy can result in major problems or errors.
Why does QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 appear and how can I fix it?
Intuit offers a maintenance service and tool called QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Before checking, the all-out organization files the tool examines for network errors first. Once it’s done then open your QuickBooks and you are all resolved with this error.
How can I identify the QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
This error code appears on your screen when you try to restore the backup file. To fix this error you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the QuickBooks Tool hub. When it’s downloaded then click on the Run button. It will automatically detect and correct the errors.
How can I repair the damaged installation to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6144, 304?
To repair the damaged installation, the user needs to first open the QuickBooks and then open the help menu. Now, you need to update the QuickBooks Desktop. Hit the click on the Update Now. After this, you have to check and ensure about the rest of the update and click on the Get Updates. Wait until the process is not completed and then close your QuickBooks.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support