Users of QuickBooks have been receiving the QuickBooks error code 176. While the online banking system is trying to resolve the issue while gathering more information and determine the cause of the error, a QuickBooks user can go to the Web Connect feature and retrieve the bank transactions to QuickBooks online. This article will discuss on how to resolve the problem caused the QuickBooks Error Code 176. There are two ways in which it can be resolved
Method 1: Using QuickBooks Online
- When you connect your account to QuickBooks online for the first time, it automatically downloads the transaction of the last 90 days. However, user can upload more than last 90 days transaction to QuickBooks Company by exporting the transaction from the bank.
- Go to the bank’s website and follow the instructions on how to download the transaction to the computer. You can choose more than one account and also if you want to do it more than last 90 days of transaction specify the date rage to avoid duplication
- Select anyone of the following file types Comma-Separated Values (CSV), Quicken (QFX), QuickBooks Online (QBO), or Microsoft Money (OFX).
Note: ” Ensure the files are not more than 350 KB as QuickBooks would not more than that. In case your files are more than 350 KB, download them in smaller sizes. “
- Note the file name and the location where you are saving it.
- To upload the file to QBO company, from left menu select Banking
- From there select File Upload. In case this is the first time you are connecting an account choose Upload transactions manually from the screen’s bottom.
- Select Browse and locate the file bank transaction file that you have saved earlier. After locating it highlight and click on ‘Next’
- From the drop-down menu of QuickBooks account, choose the account in which you want to upload the bank transaction file. After the selection, click on Next. If this is the first time and you do not have an account select Add New and set it up and then add the transaction to the account.
In case the file is CSV then you will be asked to select columns so that the file matches QuickBooks Online Banking.
Now select Next when you are done and finally select on either Let’s Go or Finish as the prompt is given. After which you can go back to the banking page and review the transaction before accepting them into the QuickBooks.
Method 2: Contact the Bigxperts QuickBooks Technical Help Desk
QuickBooks Error Code 176 is categorized as a general script error by QuickBooks and the user is recommended to contact our QuickBooks technical help desk so that our knowledgeable experts can resolve the issue. Call on +1-800-816-6849.