When you are trying to access your QuickBooks application, you may encounter this QuickBooks Error where you have QuickBooks opened in your system while installing any other application. This issue is denoted as the QuickBooks Error Code -6144, -82. You will see the following error message getting displayed on your screen:
Error Code -6144, -82: QuickBooks has come across some problems and needs to end the entire task. We are sorry for all the convenience caused.
When you encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 6144, 82, you will see the following symptoms:
- All your application will crash in the background.
- Your system will momentarily freeze.
- The response time for your Microsoft windows operating system decreases.
- Your PC will freeze while you are working in few intervals.
Causes Responsible for QuickBooks Error Code -6144, -82:
Here are some reasons that are responsible for your QuickBooks Error Code -6144, -82:
- Your QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Your Windows Registry may be damaged or corrupted due to recent software installation or un-installation.
- Malware or Virus may be creating issues for your software.
- Some other software may be interfering with your QuickBooks application.
- Damaged in your system’s hard-disk or issues with RAM that may lead to loss of your QuickBooks data and files.
- Some recent changes were made in network that is creating issues in your QuickBooks application.
- When you are starting your OS or shutting down your PC.
- Installation of software when your QuickBooks is running in the backend.
Resolution for the Error Code -6144, -82:
Here are some steps that will resolve your QuickBooks Error Code -6144, 82:
- Fix all your Registry Entries.
- Clean your system junk and disc cleaner application to delete all the junk files from the system.
- Run complete system scan using a good antivirus software.
- Delete all the temporary files from your system.
- Update all your system drivers.
- Check for all your recent chances and Undo them.
- Uninstall your QuickBooks application.
- Re-install your QuickBooks application.
- Initiate the process of the Windows System File Checker, i.e. SFC/ scannow.
- Browse for any Windows update. If any, install the updates.
- Perform Clean installation for your Microsoft windows Operating system.
Our Assistance channels
The solutions available in this article will successfully resolve your QuickBooks Error Code -6144, -82. If you have some doubts & queries or you need assistance in resolving this error then you should assistance from BigXperts. They are one of the best customer service consultancies that provide assistance for various accounting software like QuickBooks. You will have to dial their toll-free helpline number +1-800-816-6849. You can call them at any point in time as they provide 24*7. It is also advised that you should also visit their official page www.bigxperts.com for more information.