QuickBooks accounting software is designed on a user-friendly interface. This makes it easy to use application and even a person with no degree in finance and accounts can work. While working on the application, you can come across the QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0. This error is basically a 6000 series error and occurs when you are trying to restore backup from a local system or when you are trying to restore a file over a network.
You will receive the following error message:
Error Message: QuickBooks has encountered an issue and you need to close this application.
This issue mostly occurs in the system with Windows Operating System.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
- Your QuickBooks application is damaged.
- You have recently made any changes in your QuickBooks application.
- Restoration of the file backup from the network drive.
- The character in the backup file exceeds the limitation of 210 characters.
- QuickBooks installation is incomplete due to missing files.
- Corrupt registry files.
- Changes made in the system due to recent installation and un-installation of the files.
- Viruses and Malware damaging the file.
Here are some solutions that are recommended to eliminate the QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0.
Solution I: Troubleshooting Steps
- Check whether your application is updated.
- If not then install the recently updates that are available.
- Also, install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in your system.
- Run this tool and it will automatically resolve your QuickBooks related damage.
Solution II: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
- Log in to the system as the Administrator.
- Open your QuickBooks application.
- Browse for QuickBooks Company folder.
- In the folder, browse for .ND and .TLG files.
- Or look for the following files:
- Select those files and right-click on it.
- Press the Rename option to change the name of the files.
- Add the old word at the end of the file.
- Close your QuickBooks and reboot your system.
- Re-open the QuickBooks application again and log in to the Company file.
Scope of services
The solutions mentioned in this article will help you with the QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0. If you still have some doubts and need assistance then you should get in touch with the providing consultancies like BigXperts. They will help you with your issues. You just have to call on their helpline number +1-800-816-6849. This number is toll-free which means that you will not be charged any penny for making a call. This way you can easily talk with the expert who is available online. There are other means too through which you can easily contact them. You just have to visit their website www.bigxperts.com and on the homepage of the website you can locate the Live Chat option. You just have to type in your query and they will immediately respond you back. You can even write an email to them. And they will immediately write back to you with the best solution available.