The QuickBooks error code 6147 encounters and shows the error message on your screen that is mentioned here:-
“Error code -6147,0 when attempting to open a company file or a backup file”
So because of this, you are no longer able to work with the file you want to. You have to take action by fixing the error code and continue working.
Why does this QuickBooks Error 6147 happen?
The QB Error 6147 happens when the user’s company data file got damaged or the file is not in the location where they expected it to be. More different reasons are there that you get to know here. bSo you have to fix the issues with your company file and mainly the location of the company file.
What are the reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 6147?
The reasons are listed here that helps you in selecting and implementing the solution properly. The list of reasons are as follows:-
- The QBW extension file is corrupted
- When restoring a backup from the hard drive
- Windows user is damaged
- Files of the QuickBooks are infected or missing
- Installation not done properly so you are not able to work
- The location path of the backup file is not correct
- The backup file name has more than 210 characters.
5 Symptoms that Tell You About The QuickBooks Error Code 6147
The list of the symptoms is here that indicates the error in QuickBooks Desktop so that you get ready with the solution to resolve it. the top 5 symptoms are as follows:-
- The QuickBooks window crashes and shows the QuickBooks error 6147 with an error message on your screen
- Your Windows is not running properly
- Your systems shut down just after detecting the issue
- The system crashes every few minutes because of the QuickBooks error code 6147
- All the inputs are responding slowly like the mouse, keyboard, and more.
What are the Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147?
The methods to solve the error code are here that you have to perform one by another. If you know the reason for the cause then do implement the method for that only and get it done easily. So, here all the methods are given to choose the one and perform it. The methods are as follows:-
Method 1- Run and Then Rebuild The Utility Tool
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop in your system
- Click on the File menu option
- Further, select the Utility option
- For more options, click on the Rebuild Data option
- Click on the OK button to receiving the instant backup for company file data
- Now, when the system shows the message and the QuickBooks is not responding then click on the OK button
- After this, you are done with this and check for the error by doing your work.
Method 2- You have to Copy The Backup File in The Local System Also
- First of all, open the QuickBooks in your system
- Then go to the File menu option
- From further options select the Utility option
- Check that the option Hot with a multi-user mode is visible or not
- Then click on the Yes button
- It again comes for the company file that is not in use and closed so click on the Yes again
- Now, you have to restore the file and then take the other backup file from the local system
- Also, make sure that the path link characters are not more than the 210 chars
- After the changes, you have to try to import the file again
- In the end, connect and then send the company file through the QuickBooks data service team.
Method 3- Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download and Install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in your system
- Then Run the Tool as an Administrator
- Then browse the company file that you want to repair or use and not able to use in QuickBooks
- After that click on the option Check File Damage only
- Then click on the button Diagnose File
- You have to provide the password for your company file when asked and then click on the Next button
- Now diagnose the file
- You get a list of error (s) if any
- To fix the error click on the button Fix it. it takes some time to fix it
- Now it is done.
Method 4- Use The Trend Micro Antivirus Security
- Initially, go to the settings of the Antivirus
- Now for ignoring, you have to select the track or the path option
- Ignore the folder of the main Company File
- Press the Ctrl key and then open the QuickBooks software along with the Ctrl key
- This helps you to know about the location of your company data file in the system
- Open the QuickBooks desktop in your system and do not open any company file in it
- Then press the F2 key from the keyboard to open the Product information window
- In this window, you get the details of the products and the location of the company file also
- Check for the error.
Method 5- Do Trend Micro Active Scan and Aside The Folder Having Details of Company File
- Firstly, find the location of your Company File that you want to open
- Double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop software with that press the Ctrl key from the keyboard
- Open the software with any company file that means when you open QuickBooks then you don’t have to open the company file
- For opening the company file, there is the window names No Company Open window
- From this window, choose the file from your system
- The Company Data File is on the top.
How to Get in touch?
Above, you get all the information about QuickBooks Error 6147 like causes, symptoms, and solutions. So just get to know the reason as it is easy to choose the method easily to fix it. If you are facing any glitches then the QuickBooks helpdesk team is here to help you 365 days a year. You can get in touch with the QuickBooks team for all your queries and problems. They are here to provide you the best assistance all around the clock.