QuickBooks is designed on the user-friendly interface and can be integrated with several other third-party applications. While working on the software, there are chances that you may come across some technical error like QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0. You generally encounter this error when you want to open any company file. Your error will be followed by the following error message:
“Error -6177, 0: QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file.”
Ensure the data path of your file is correct when you are trying to open the QuickBooks Company file.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0
Here are some causes which lead to the QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0.
- Importing or exporting your company file.
- Malware & virus damaging your QuickBooks Company file.
- Windows firewall or the antivirus installed in the system is obstructing your QuickBooks Company file.
Follow the solution mentioned in this article to resolve your QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0.
Method 1: QuickBooks Repair Diagnostic Tool
- Log in to your system as the Administrator.
- Open your C:\ drive and locate your QuickBooks Company file.
- Right-click on the properties and click on the Security Window.
- Select the users and provide them full access. This procedure is to be carried out manually.
- Click on Advanced tab and go to Owners option.
- Change the name of the admin.
- Press OK option and close all the applications that are running on your system.
- Browse for the QuickBooks Repair Diagnostic tool from the net. Also check the speed of your internet.
- You will have to type your email address in the designated area and click on the checkbox where it is written that you accept the terms & conditions.
- This tool will be downloaded on your local desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to run the application.
- Now, from the start menu, click on the All Programs option.
- Go to the QB diagnostic tool and locate your company file.
- Click on the Test Connectivity option.
Method 2: Relocating the file from local system to the server
- Restart your PC.
- Sign in to the system as the Administrator.
- Locate your QuickBooks Company file on your system’ C:\ drive.
- Create a portable file for your QuickBooks Company file in your C:\ drive.
- Close your file and save this portable file in your server.
- Close your applications.
- You will have to open this company file from your server.
Our Assistance channels
The solutions in the article will help you in resolving your errors. In case, you still have some queries and want technical support assistance, then do reach out to BigXperts for assistance. To connect with them, you will have to give a call on their Helpdesk toll-free number +1-800-816-6849. You also have another option to connect with them, i.e. you can visit their website www.bigxperts.com and request for Online Chat Assistance.