QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -1005 mostly occurs when a user attempts to open the company file. It is from the 6189 series of errors which include others too like, 6189, -82, -6189, -77 etc.
In this article, you will get more details about this QuickBooks problem. You will also find out the ways and methods to fix it. And, at the same time, you are always free to call our QuickBooks tech helpdesk to get personalized help required to resolve the QuickBooks tech problem too.
Our Bigxperts QuickBooks tech team would be glad to assist you in fixing QuickBooks related problems. As it is, QuickBooks accounting solution is extremely easy to handle. Thus, rectifying errors on QuickBooks seems to be pretty easy too. And, this can be one of the reasons that has made it very popular.
It’s time to explore the major causes and the reasons which lead to this QuickBooks problem. Mentioned below are a couple of them:
- Extremely diverse transaction log files. For example, a .TLG file which is a little older as compared to the company file which the user is trying to open.
- Restricted consents for the present person who is using Windows, QBDataServiceUserXX
- The user wants to open up the company file. However, he is trying to open it up in an inappropriate edition of QuickBooks Desktop. For example, opening a QB 2013 company file in QB 2015.
- One of the other reasons may include things like a corruption or a damage of the company file
How to fix it QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -1005?
Method Number One: QuickBooks File Doctor
One of the best ways to fix this problem is by downloading and successfully installing the QB file doctor tool. It is a fantastic tool which helps to not only detect but also fix the problems. The tool can be downloaded from the company’s website, and with admin permissions the user can use it to identify and fix the errors.
Method Number Two: Manually fix it
- Start with re-titling the log file transaction:
- Firstly, you would have to open up the Computer window, for this please press together the buttons Win + E
- Get to the Folder that has your company file
- Look for transaction log file. The file should be located in the same title as the company file, however, the extension will be different, and it will be .TLG.
- Re-title the Transaction log file quickly
- Type in a different title like company file OLD.tlg
- Open Up QuickBooks software, a new transaction log file could be seen automatically
Further, you can always contact our QuickBooks technical helpline to get detailed information. You can freely discuss the issue with our Bigxperts by calling +1-800-816-6849. Our QuickBooks helpdesk is open 24*7.