Stuck on the screen which keeps showing QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -83? Do not know how to fix this error to get started with your QuickBooks work again? We will tell you how to resolve it.
This is not at all a frequently occurring error therefore, once fixed, it might not appear again so do not worry. QuickBooks has developed a smart and efficient accounting software where technical glitches can be fixed. Every software has certain technical glitches at times.
In order to solve any sort of QuickBooks related technical glitches you can directly get in touch with our smartly talented and very capable QuickBooks Technical Helpdesk people. To talk to our Bigxperts QuickBooks Technical Support team, you just have to dial this number ☎+1-800-816-6849. There isn’t any time constraint as the tech helpline is open round the clock.
Now, when it comes to this QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -83, listed below can be a few of the most probable causes of this QuickBooks error:
- In all the cases where the transaction log file (.tlg) doesn’t match up with the company file (.qbw), then this QuickBooks Error occurs
- Also, in case where one of the user is already working, and suddenly one more user instantly logs into the company file, and that too in the Single User Mode.
- One of the other prime causes of this QuickBooks errors can be the corruption or damage of the Data which is present in the QuickBooks data file
Now, when you know what is causing this QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -83 it becomes easy to fix it.
Listed below are the most efficient troubleshooting steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -83:
Method Number One
Rectify the TLG mismatch
- Firstly, you would have to find out the transaction log file. The best way to locate it is through the name, as this file has the similar name as the company file, the difference is only that it contains a .tlg extension at the end of it
- Once you find out the file, just right-click on the transaction log file
- Then, you have to click on Rename to give a different name to the file
- Key in a new name, something like Company Name-OLD.TLG.
Method Number Two:
Make sure that all the users are completely signed out of QuickBooks Data file
- Reboot the workstation or the workstations
- After rebooting copy the data file and paste it to a local drive
- Then again copy it and paste it back to its original location
- Now, open up the file in QuickBooks
Want to get assistance over a call? Just dial ☎+1-800-816-6849 and get in touch with our Bigxperts QuickBooks Tech Support Team. Our QuickBooks technical helpline is open 24 by 7!