QuickBooks Sync Manager is a function of the QB accounting software that allows it to sync the QB Desktop version with the Intuit online server and other third-party applications. Additionally, it also allows you to transfer data between the QB Desktop and a version on the cloud server. As a result, updates done on the desktop will be synchronized with the server automatically. Due to technology enhancements, Intuit had discontinued Intuit Sync Manager and is no longer available. Alongside the change in technology and third-party plugin issues are prone to common QB Sync Manager Error.
However, it can also arise due to multiple reasons such as damaged sync manager components, connectivity issues, missing updates of QuickBooks Sync Manager, etc. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at QuickBooks Sync Manager and its common errors. We’ll also go over the instructions so you can fix these kinds of problems on your own without running into any problems. If you’re also experiencing such issues then read this blog till the end.
- 1 Possible reasons that causes common QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
- 2 Multiple instances behind QuickBooks Sync Manager stopped working or being discontinued
- 3 Troubleshooting methods to fix “QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working” Error
- 4 #1. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7300
- 5 #2. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944
- 6 #3. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7118
- 7 #4. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on Windows 10
- 8 #5. QuickBooks Error 2014 Sync Manager Error
Possible reasons that causes common QuickBooks Sync Manager Error
The damaged sync manager components are the prime reasons which resulted in the QuickBooks sync manager discontinued error. Below jotted are a few more possible reasons that could lead to common QuickBooks Sync Manager Error.
- Intuit QuickBooks sync manager has stopped working error can also be caused by connectivity issues during data transfers.
- Sync Manager by Intuit has stopped working. Working can also take place if QuickBooks Sync Manager Updates aren’t installed.
- Due to missing or corrupted Windows components, you may receive the QB Sync Manager Error code such as 5_13944, 17_7118, etc.
- Because the file is inaccessible, you may encounter QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118. It could be because you relocated your company file to a new location or because it’s not readable due to disc issues.
- QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944 may occur as a result of a hampered network connection or a Firewall/Internet Security obstruction while uploading the data.
- Another reason is when the sync is blocked by the firewall or Internet Security.
- The failure to write the downloaded data to the QuickBooks Company File in the middle of the syncing procedure causes QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300.
Multiple instances behind QuickBooks Sync Manager stopped working or being discontinued
Here is the list of error messages that may pops up on your screen while using QuickBooks Sync manager that suddenly stop working:
- Error: Loading from the path.
- Error: Sync Manager not set up.
- How to remove the intuit sync manager.
- QuickBooks error 2014 sync manager.
- Sync manager error QuickBooks.
- Error loading files from path intuit sync manager.
- QuickBooks has stopped working
- QB sync manager not working.
Troubleshooting methods to fix “QuickBooks Sync Manager Not Working” Error
By executing the below-suggested methods, you may surmount this QB sync manager issue effectively:
Method 1: Amend the Sync Manager folder by renaming it
- The very first, close the QB company file as well as QuickBooks software
- Next, reopen the Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- Now, do a right-click on the Sync Manager from the System Tray followed by selecting the Exit button in order to close the Sync Manager
- Thereafter, find the Sync Manager under the path C:\Users\username\AppData\Intuit
- Once done with that, rename the Sync Manager folder by adding .old at the end of the SyncManger
- Now, try to restart your system along with your QuickBooks (with this the Sync Manager folder is automatically created)
- In the end, try again to sync the information to verify whether the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Try to configure the Intuit Sync Manager
This procedure will reset the QuickBooks Data Sync matrix and give you a fresh start by overriding the previous logs:
- To start with opening your QB Desktop software
- Then go to the Help menu and select the “Manage Data Sync” option
- Now, reset Intuit Sync Manager and click on the “Reset Data Sync” on the following prompt
- Finally, sign back to Sync Manager using correct credentials to end the process.
Method 3: Download and Install the Intuit Sync Manager once again
- To begin, open the QuickBooks and company file that is causing problems with the Intuit Sync Manager
- Next, make a local or external backup of your company file
- Now, go to the Control Panel and choose Programs and Features >>> QuickBooks from the list of installed programs
- Uninstall QuickBooks by clicking the Uninstall/Change option at the top of the installed programs list
- Select the Intuit Folders one by one and hit the F2 key on the keyboard to rename them
- The following is a list of folders:
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- From the Windows Task Manager, terminate all QuickBooks processes
- Put the installation in place or Download the latest version of QuickBooks from the internet
- In the meantime, follow the installation wizard’s instructions until the process is complete
- From the Intuit Sync Manager, the installation is refreshed
- Finally, start your QuickBooks software and activate it.
#1. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7300
What is QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7300?
The problem occurs when the downloaded data is not written to the QuickBooks Company File during the syncing process, or when the computer prevents the write back.
How to fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7300?
Fixation steps needs to be performed to remove the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7300
- Open the QuickBooks company file
- From the menu bar and select then open the Edit option
- Next, select the “Integrated Applications” from the left pane followed by hitting the “My Preferences” from the right pane
- From the Company Preferences, put a checkmark on the box before the option “Intuit Sync Manager”
- In the end, try to sync the information once again to check if the error is resolved
#2. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944
What is QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944?
This error is mostly encountered as a result of hampered network connectivity or a firewall internet Security blockage while uploading the data. Make sure that the server URL’s associated with Sync Manager are up and running and blocked by Firewall or Internet Security.
How to Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 5_13944?
- Exceptions for URLs should also be specified in the Firewall and Internet Security Software
- After that, go to the SyncManager folder and delete the “crt” file
- Additionally, if QuickBooks Sync Manager is already installed, reinstall it or reset the Sync Settings
- Re-sync your data to see whether the Sync Manager Error has been resolved. If you get the QuickBooks Error: An internal issue occurred when uploading a data message, take a break and try again.
#3. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7118
What is QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7118?
The error code 17_7118 pops up due to inaccessibility of the file and also because of the file which is moved to a different location or it is not readable for the disk errors.
How to Fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error 17_7118?
Try resolving the error using the below steps:
- From the System Tray, close your Sync Manager
- Do a right-click on the Sync Manager icon to select the Exit option to close your Sync Manager
- Next, you have to log off the QuickBooks company along with your QB application
- Now, open the QuickBooks once again and make sure you do not open the company file
- After that, you’re supposed to update your QB with the latest released
- Once update is done then open the Intuit Sync Manager
- Move to the Help menu and check the version
- In case, the update is not done then you should do it right now
- Finally, try to sync once again and your error may get resolved by these steps.
#4. QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on Windows 10
What is QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on Windows 10?
Many Users claim that the Intuit Sync Manager problem in Windows 10 is the result of incompatible, damaged, or missing sync manager components, and that upgrading from any prior version of Windows triggers the error.
How to fix QuickBooks Sync Manager Error on Windows 10?
The following steps will help you fix the problem:
- In the beginning, close the QuickBooks company file and also your QB software
- Restart QuickBooks and update it to the most recent version
- Meanwhile, right-click the Sync Manager icon in the System Tray and choose Exit to close the Sync Manager
- After that, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Intuit and look for the Sync Manager folder
- By adding .old to the end of the SyncManager folder’s name, you can rename it
- Start QuickBooks again after restarting your computer
- To fix the problem, try syncing the data again.
#5. QuickBooks Error 2014 Sync Manager Error
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 2014 Sync Manager Error?
This error happens when a software file in Intuit Sync Manager is corrupted or missing.
- To fix the problem, rename the Intuit to “Intuit Sync Manager.old”
- “Intuit Sync Manager” should be closed and renamed “SyncManagee.old”
- When you open QuickBooks and select “Open Intuit Sync Manager,” a Sync Manager folder will be created automatically
- Choose “sync” to sync all of your company’s data.
Eliminating common QuickBooks sync manager error is pretty simple and possible with the steps discussed in above. However, there can be circumstances when you might not be able to rectify such an error, in that case we would suggest you to connect with our dedicated QB Experts via Live Chat. You simply leave your queries on the Live Chat box and they will come up with the most effective solutions for you.