QuickBooks is a big blessing for small and medium-size industries. It is accounting software that makes the tasks very smooth for everyone. It helps in various business-related operations like finance, accounting, administration, journal entries, accounts payable, expense management, reporting, payroll, etc in an automated state.
The best part is that you can work on the QuickBooks online version or if you are more comfortable working on the desktop version, you can choose that as well. It is a very economical and easy-to-use software. A huge number of organizations are using QuickBooks for accounting-related projects.
Occasionally, there can be a few installation problems or errors while working on it which is a common thing for any software. However, it is a very flexible software but it is important to understand it completely before undertaking it for any such accounting purposes. It is full of helpful features and understanding it can further help in doing various modules of an industry accurately.
It is an industry-specific tool and many versions of QuickBooks are developed by Intuit. It is highly tuned to the needs and requirements of the customer. Many products and related tools of QuickBooks are already available in the market, and its availability on such a large scale has made it a huge name in the accounting industry. Moreover, it is extremely trusted for accounting tasks.
Nevertheless, if any error crops up due to any reason, you can fix it and find a resolution. Even if you are not technically trained, you can get help as soon as the error occurs on the software. There are trained QuickBooks experts who are skilled in providing you with the best solutions and answers to any kind of doubt. Hence, they will aid in making your software free from any issues or difficulties that you might be facing.
Let us now discuss one such error that you might face.
What is Error 4 in Event Log in QuickBooks
While launching the QuickBooks integration manager or QB, it will first try to connect to QuickBooks. Quickbooks Error 4 in Event Log After that a message comes up that will say that it could not connect to QuickBooks and it will ask you to make certain that it is open. The event viewer in Windows has an Application section, where you might get an error message that shows – ‘Quickbooks EventID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle’.
Any kind of Windows-related error can be due to unanticipated conditions or when an operation goes wrong. Whether it is Windows XP or Windows 7 or Windows Vista, errors can be quite troublesome and programs may freeze or crash. However, if you are doing it yourself and trying to fix any error that pops up then it is important to know the entire method first and understand the error completely. Otherwise technically trained professionals can help you out.
System file damage in Windows can also cause Event Error 4 in QuickBooks. Whether it’s a DLL error, blue screen error, or freezing computer error, one needs to first understand if it is a critical error and recoverable or not.
The reason for the Quickbooks Event Log Error 4
The primary cause of QuickBooks Error 4 is the incident of issues with .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 in the Microsoft Windows 7 OS. Extra causes that can lead to QuickBooks Event Log Error 4 are the following:
- QuickBooks is not installed completely.
- Corrupted or Damaged QuickBooks file.
- The system is affected by a virus or other malware
- A program has deleted QuickBooks files.
- Error in the Windows registry.
Steps to Resolve Quickbooks Event Log Error 4
The following steps have to be followed to resolve the Quickbooks Event Log Error 4;
- Go to Start, then Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box
- The Add/Remove programs open or the Programs and Features window gets opened
- After scrolling down, try locating Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- Before clicking on Uninstall, Highlight it.
- After uninstalling the .NET Framework, re-start the computer.
- Once the computer restarts, you have to Go to Start and again click Run.
- appwiz.cpl has to be typed in the Run box.
- You will be able to see the Add/Remove programs or Programs & Features window which gets opened.
- If you see on the left side of the window, there is an option- Add Remove Windows Features. Click on it
- Windows Feature screen comes up.
- Expanding the .NET Framework would show Microsoft .NET 3.5. Check the first and second choices.
- Then press OK.
- .NET Framework 3.5 gets installed.
- Click Finish once the whole task is over.
- The computer has to be re-started again. Then follow the regular steps to integrate. There are Reimage repair tools available too.
However, if still, the problem persists and this does not solve your specific problem, contact QuickBooks experts.